Anyone experience die off to yogurt?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Anyone experience die off to yogurt?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

See the above subject line. I felt like I was eating coconut oil. Even dry heaved towards the end of it. I’m wondering if my body had to adjust to the live cultures in it? Anyone experience any reaction/die off to the yogurt suggested on the protocol ?

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

You may be intollerant. I know it took almost a year before I could slowly introduce Greek yogurt into my life again. I used to vomit up yogurt from a day or two days prior when I was at my sickest. Some of us are just plain dairy intollerant for awhile. I would recommend trying life without yogurt and see if that helps. You can always try reintroducing it when you are farther along in small amounts.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

s. wrote: You may be intollerant. I know it took almost a year before I could slowly introduce Greek yogurt into my life again. I used to vomit up yogurt from a day or two days prior when I was at my sickest. Some of us are just plain dairy intollerant for awhile. I would recommend trying life without yogurt and see if that helps. You can always try reintroducing it when you are farther along in small amounts.

thanks. you may be right. I’ll try it again at some point down the line .

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

goingnatural wrote: See the above subject line. I felt like I was eating coconut oil. Even dry heaved towards the end of it. I’m wondering if my body had to adjust to the live cultures in it? Anyone experience any reaction/die off to the yogurt suggested on the protocol ?

Yeah I got die off from it, and kefir.

I stopped the yogurt, but make raw goats milk kefir or coconut water kefir. If I have too much of either I get gas, but can tolerate up too a pint per day now.

I usually have 300-400ml at breakfast. Sauerkraut at lunch & dinner. Megaflora before bed.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This isn’t die-off but an allergic reaction. Once you get your gut healed, it should not be a problem. You might want to try goat’s milk products in the meantime. You need to lower the inflammation of the gut in order to heal it.

-raster

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

well i had my first yogurt tonight and ugh…it tore my stomach up and i got dizzy…so i definitely feel i had a reaction. i ate half of a small container of it. not sure i should eat anymore of it for now.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

A lot of people seem to have issues with casein when their guts are bad. I tried adding dairy repeatedly in one form or another but I just end up spaced-out with nasal congestion. You could try testing something without probiotics and high protein content to see if it is the casein and not the bacteria that’s the problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone experience die off to yogurt?’ is closed to new replies.