anyone else have sensitivities to srong smell?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions anyone else have sensitivities to srong smell?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  klips32 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tanyanurse
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 94

For the last few years I get a headache around strong smells like, gas fumes, strong perfumes, spray air fresheners, etc… anyone else.? Why does that happen?

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

I do have a very sensitive nose too. I cannot take smell of Strong Perfumes, cleaners, Airfreshners etc. I do get headaches & always get Nauseated.

This is going on for as long as I can recall. I had never heard of Candida 2.5 months ago but possibly have been suffering from it for a long long time.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Sensitivity to odors can definitely be a symptom. It can be caused by a hypersensitive immune reaction towards chemicals. The toxins released by candida can cause our immune response to over react or paralyze it. A non-drowsy anti-histamine has helped me in the past with this.

tanyanurse
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 94

what is an example of a good non drowst anti histamine that YOU use. Zertec makes me hyper.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Unfortunately all the natural anti-histamines don’t work for me, but Fexofenadine HCL(allegra) works pretty well. I only take it every now and then if my body is producing too much histamine. Make sure anti-histamines don’t have ephedrine in them. That can definitely make you hyper. I can’t stand the drowsy anti-histamines they make you feel like a zombie. It does seem to become more ineffective the longer I have taken it ,so i just take it every now and then. The problem with over the counters is that they put some much junk and chemicals in the tablets,in which I don’t get excited about taking all the time.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

It is quite common for candida suffers to be were sensiteive to parfume, dust, cigarette smoke, and a lot of other things.

Dr. Orien Truss says that they all go away with treatment against c. albicans 🙂 So just keep on the good fight!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anyone else have sensitivities to srong smell?’ is closed to new replies.