Anyone else dealing with stomach cramps on the Candida diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Anyone else dealing with stomach cramps on the Candida diet?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

I’ve been on the diet since July and prior to that had no real digestive issues like cramps or acid reflux.
    However, I soon developed acid reflux and a pain in my stomach that my Dr. related to a possible ulcer. I took GI Benefits and then Essiac tea and this seemed to heal the “ulcer” well.
    I don’t actually attribute the ulcer to the diet because I took supplements like Alpha Lipoic acid before that (& NAC etc etc) and I suspect that caused it.

Anyway, after the ulcer pain went, I started to get stomach cramps to the left side of my upper abdomen after most meals, which were uncomfortable more than painful.
    After about four weeks these gradually got better. Now I only occasionally get them a couple of times a week.

Anyone else experienced stomach cramps on the diet, and how did you deal with them?

(Now I am not on antifungals but S.Boulardii, about 5 caps x 5 billion per day)

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

A general principle with anything related to your body is that, if you change something and your body complains, something could be wrong.

If your body is hurting only mildly and only for a short time, the pains are probably due to the body adapting to a new situation. That’s no problem.

If, however, the pain lasts for more than a week, maybe more than ten days, that’s a sign you’re doing something wrong. You are literally hurting your body. That’s no good.

Learn to listen to the signals of your body. For most people, this means listening to the subtle signals. But it also means listening to the clear signals.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Are you constipated bansaw? I sometimes get stomach pain when I am constipated…are you pooping less than 3 times per day?

-raster

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

raster;53081 wrote: Are you constipated bansaw? I sometimes get stomach pain when I am constipated…are you pooping less than 3 times per day?

-raster

I’m a two poops per day guy. But I’ve always been like that. I’m not sure constipation is my issue.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Twice a day is very normal. Heck, once a day, or even once every three days, seems normal too, even if I cannot imagine pooping so infrequently.

Twice a day is very good, I’d say. Especially if this has been regular for an extended time, and if it has the right softness/hardness.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else dealing with stomach cramps on the Candida diet?’ is closed to new replies.