Anybody on here with eye problems?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Anybody on here with eye problems?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  bowieg 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I have had rosacea since I was in my mid-20’s. While, knock on wood, my facial rosacea seems to have not gotten worse, I am concerned that it is moving to my eyes. Has anyone on here, while on the diet, had problems with their eyes. I have had problems roughly since the beginning of March, but have always had problems off and on with styes, redness and a chalazion once. It could just be getting worse due to being outside more but I wondered if yeast could also have an effect on my oil glands and tear ducts. I know that rosacea is thought to be bacterial in origin but nobody is really sure…

I am still on the diet although modified slightly, I have a few carbs outside of veg from time to time. I am not completely strict anymore. I still take garlic, another antifungal, coconut oil and a probiotic every day. My lip problem seems to be gone for the most part. Any helpful advice would be lovely, thank you!

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

Kag;43472 wrote: I have had rosacea since I was in my mid-20’s. While, knock on wood, my facial rosacea seems to have not gotten worse, I am concerned that it is moving to my eyes. Has anyone on here, while on the diet, had problems with their eyes. I have had problems roughly since the beginning of March, but have always had problems off and on with styes, redness and a chalazion once. It could just be getting worse due to being outside more but I wondered if yeast could also have an effect on my oil glands and tear ducts. I know that rosacea is thought to be bacterial in origin but nobody is really sure…

I am still on the diet although modified slightly, I have a few carbs outside of veg from time to time. I am not completely strict anymore. I still take garlic, another antifungal, coconut oil and a probiotic every day. My lip problem seems to be gone for the most part. Any helpful advice would be lovely, thank you!

I used to have eye styes every week.
    This was when I was in my worst phase. The styes were the main reason which made me to start think about my health, and finally made me familiar with candida.

They stopped only after I started taking diflucan, I have been taking 200mg diflucan every day for the past 6+ months. No diet was stopping the styes with out diflucan.

Right now I am detoxing Mercury from my body, Once I do it I will stop taking diflucan and see if the styes will come back.

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

I am glad you brought this up…Been on the strict diet since last October, but got probiotics from the US only in March this year. I have been struggling with eye problems from about one and a half months now. The doctor says its some kind of allergic reaction…and he had put me on anti-allergic drops, but when that did not work, I was given steroidal drops. Those steroidal drops failed to work, and I have been given another.

Have not been able to tolerate heat. Going out means pain, redness, itching, and blurred vision.

In fact I am really worried if steroidal drops would cause fungal infection in the eye.

But, what really worries me is that why all this problem, and I do not trust doctors’ opinion!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have perfect vision but ever since I got ill, I have had eye strain occasionally when I use the computer for long periods of time. It feels like I tore a portion of my eyeball but when I sleep it typically heals. I work on a computer all day long and then I go home and use the PC so its likely due to overruse for me.

-raster

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Though I “technically” have perfect vision, I have a condition called Visual Snow, which makes everything I see look like television static. I developed it last August with my candida problem. It seems to be a result of candida toxins as it gets worse with die-off. It’s the only symptom I’ve seen zero improvement on.

I also get loads of floaters all the time, little flashy bits that fly around and at one point I was so sensitive to light I had to wear sunglasses at all times between dusk and dawn.

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

FYI

The topic is regarding eye, not vision.
    Dont get confused, and deviate the topic.

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

How I’ve noticed that my Candida affects my eyes is excessive mucus, floaters, blurry vision. On one site I read that our mucus membranes are the same from our eyes to our rectum. Makes sense.

Also: Seriously Nikki, get a grip. Eye and vision is connected.

Kag

I tried homeopathic eye drops and those seemed to sooth my eyes but did not help the problem. So I switched to homeopathic dry eye drops and that seems to have helped more but I can’t solve the problem with my bottom lid. Since March I have been doing warm compresses on my eyes every night,and while that seems to help, it also does not completely alleviate the problem. I had another chalazion appear right at the beginning of March after I had been outside a lot and my other eye got a few sore, itchy places along the eyelash line. I work outside a lot so I am willing to believe that this is due to allergies somewhat but it has been an ongoing problem for several years. It used to only happen when I fell asleep with my makeup on or cried a lot. If I didn’t do the warm soaks, I am sure that they would progress to more styes and/or chalazion.

I am thinking about going to the eye doctor to see if they have any way of determining if you have ocular rosacea but I am betting that they don’t. Nikki, how in the world did you get a doc to prescribe diflucan for 6 months? When I used to have vaginal yeast infections, it was all I could do to get prescribed three from my doctor. At this point, I would love to try diflucan, if this is indeed causing problems with my eyes, but I just don’t see how any doctor would prescribe that much diflucan for me. Isn’t it bad for your liver? I am of course, worried about the way this looks and my vision as well…

Healinglight, I am wondering also if my eyes are reacting to the heat, bumps seems to come up more in the heat, but this can also be the case with ocular rosacea so not sure what to do on that front…I wouldn’t use steroid drops unless you have to, prolonged use can cause cataracts.

Raster, I am sure that you know about this, but there is a homeopathic eye drop for computer eye relief as well.

Ruffian, I have had lots of floaters as well for a long time. I have a bit of crud in the eye that is worse every morning. Yes, that does make sense, but I don’t know what to do. I am really scared about putting anything in my eyes. I had a week where it was almost completely better and I thought I was on the right track again, and then it got bad… I don’t mind doing all the self-care but it just doesn’t seem to be helping like it used to.

Thanks for all the answers. Has anyone else asked an eye doctor about this? Or had any other experiences? I would much rather it be yeast than ocular rosacea as there is no cure for that.

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Replies: 73

I have noticed that I have very dry eyes. This condition has improved since last year when I started to treat the Candidiasis. I have noted that I have had vision changes too; I’m unsure if there is a correlation between my (accelerated) reduced vision and the candida. I guess I will know when/if the condition clears up.

Ruffian – +1 … Nikki allow the thread to evolve the way it elvolves and not dictate to posters. We don’t need the post police here.

Kag

Hey Blueskies, I haven’t really noticed any problems with my vision. Knocking on wood here… 🙂 I do think that the dry eye homeopathic eye drops are helping more than the allergy ones were. I don’t know what to think about this. I have had skin problems for a long time, and learned to deal with most of them, but this eye thing really has me worried. Partially, of course, because I am vain, 🙁 but also because I don’t want to lose any eyesight.

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Replies: 73

Kag,

I don’t know what type of skin care you use, but La Roche Posay and Avene have very nice rosacea products. 🙂

Kag

So blueskies, do you have rosacea? I don’t know of any product that you can actually put on your eye or in your eye. I have only been wearing makeup at work. I do warm tea soaks on my eyes every night but that doesn’t seem to be getting rid of the problem, I used to be able to maintain healthy eyelids this way. I also clean my lids with a little baby shampoo every morning. I will look up these products when I have time, so thanks. I have read that they have had good luck with green tea extract but everything I have read about has aloe in it which is not good for rosacea, I am very frustrated…. I have spent the morning crying, which also makes my eyelids get red sore places, so now I can’t even have a good cry… 🙁

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I hope you figure it out Kag! I used to have pretty bad rosacea in my cheeks, but it didn’t spread to my eyes. It went away when I left a really toxic work environment I had been in for years, and my stress level dropped. I think acupuncture might have helped as well (probably because mine was stress-triggered).

bowieg
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 9

I first had an eye sty last year in the summer time and don’t recall ever getting one before. I am in my 40s. I also last year started to get recurring yeast infections. I got another bad sty (which the doctor called a chalazion or something spelled similarly) this year in another eye lid. Now, I’m wondering if it’s all due to candida! I was living in an apartment that may have had an overgrowth of mold because when first moved in, a pipe burst and caused flooding while I was out of town. My cheap landlord didn’t remediate the mold when I told him about it, but I couldn’t afford to move, so I just lived there for another 2 years. I read on here on another thread about how mold can cause candida to overgrow in your body because it destroys the good bacteria in your body, allowing candida to proliferate. Wow. Why didn’t any of my stupid 5 doctors that I went to see tell me about this? They just kept prescribing diflucan (ob/gyn) and antibiotics and steriods (eye doctors). Well, I am now taking garlic and probiotics, off of all dairy and wheat and sugar.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anybody on here with eye problems?’ is closed to new replies.