Any Tips on Increasing Bifidus?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Any Tips on Increasing Bifidus?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lukey 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

I’ve been avoiding Inulin and FOS for years due to issues I got from them.

Thank you for this info.
    It sounds like another base some of us should cover, if not now, later on if our other efforts don’t produce.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Potato Starch at the same time you take probiotics, it will get rid of candida too.

http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Potato-Unmodified/dp/B0013JOKBC/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1409672545&sr=1-1&keywords=Bob%27s+Red+Mill+Potato+Starch%2C

I started with 1 teaspoon worked up to 1.5 TB a couple times a day.

Lukey

I plan to see if I can get an MD at a walk in clinic to Rx Lactulose for me.

I’m also very interested in taking Resistant Starch, as in potato starch.

Saturday I ordered a bottle of Biofase and 2 bottles of CP-1 probiotic ($40 + $90). Do you think I should send the CP-1 back? I don’t want to get on expensive probiotics if they aren’t going to stick to my GI tract. I just can’t afford it. I have limited savings and no source of income at this time.

If I take potato starch and/or Lactulose, I may be able to get the food probiotics to take hold.

Thanks so much for your good advice. 🙂

Lukey

I’m adding more carbs.

I’m adding more Ezekiel bread, which I do OK with, and more resistant Starches such as white rice and potatoes. I was doing OK on white potatoes, and perhaps that and rice will be good pre-biotic foods for feeding the good bacteria. This all has been quite a puzzle. 🙂

Lukey

I got an Rx for an 8 oz bottle of Lactulose and I have it here.
    Any tips on how to proceed? I have lots of probiotic foods and supplements here.
    The Rx says I should take 1 TBS daily. At that dose I have enough for 16 days.

I also am going to begin unmodified Potato Starch one of these days.

I don’t know if I dare to take oral Lactulose syrup. I’m afraid it wold be like Inulin for me, or FOS.
    Some say Lactulose enemas are very good for the liver. I may try that instead.

Lukey

dvjorge;59482 wrote: The only safe way candida sufferers have to increase LAB in the colon is taking Lactulose. By the way, Lactulose is very selective feeding Bifidobacterium species and propably the best found so far as a selective prebiotic for Bifidos. Lactulose is a sugar alcohol and isn’t growing factor for fungus. Candida sufferers can not take Inulin, F.O.S, and starch based prebiotics because they aggravate.

Here is an old post about Lactulose:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst10399_Lactulose—A-super-prebiotic.aspx

Jorge.

Jorge-

I got an Rx for Lactulose 2 weeks ago but haven’t taken it yet. I’m afraid to. My GI tract is way too moody right now.
    I am however, doing things to remove iron in my GI tract, and am reading your thread with great interest, and I thank you for that. I tasted it tonight and it’s not going to do me any good at this time. Maybe later on it will.

I’ve decided to do some ALA / DMSA rounds starting first thing in the morning. It’s been almost a year since I last did that.

Lukey

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Any Tips on Increasing Bifidus?’ is closed to new replies.