Any suggestions as to why my stomach hurts?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Any suggestions as to why my stomach hurts?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bansaw 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I’ve been on the strict diet for candida for the past 18 months. 10 months ago i had to cut out a lot of foods on the diet because it seemed that I had leaky gut and i’ve been working on healing it whilst removing the candida too.

I spent last year and some of this year taking a lot of NSAIDs because of my joint pain and then suffering whiplash. But one day i had a strange acidic feeling inside, along with a bit of tummy pain. It lasted a few hours. I assumed that this was probably because of the NSAIDs so I’ve never taken any since, apart from when I had very bad tooth ache in August, and took them for one day only. A few days later the tummy pain came back. Its not crippling, just low and steady. It hasnt even lasted very long but often it comes at the same time as the acidic feeling.

I assumed that the tummy pain was a leaky gut symptom. But I just happened to be reading through some of my old topics on here and saw that Raster mentioned that leaky gut symptoms dont include stomach pain. But it seems right to me that if my stomach is inflamed, surely it would hurt? Its surely no coincidence that when my stomach is bad, so are my joints.

L Glutamine, fresh ginger and lemon tea’s and bone broth had really been improving things but lately I found that the bone broth made me very tired and foggy so i’ve stopped it for now. It seems to be a repeat of when I had to stop milk kefir and then coconut water kefir (ie other things that are so beneficial) because I reacted to those too.

I saw my nutritionist 3 weeks ago and I had been doing so well up until that point. Loads of symptoms had improved, almost gone so she suggested I reduce my intake of probiotics and SF722 and eat more sauerkraut. That worked well for about 10 days. Stinging i had been experiencing on the toilet had gone but it returned much worse and other symptoms returned too, so I have gone back to my original doses of probiotics.

The sauerkraut seems to have made me constipated and bloated. So i’ve stopped eating it. Some of the bloating has gone but the constipation is still here. Plus the tummy pain. I’ve had it a few times in the past few days and I was nervous that i’d have to cut out more food but it seems to even occur slightly sometimes with green veg smoothies.

So i’m really disappointed. It seems that it was a mistake lowering the probiotic dose because that seemed to set everything else off. Hopefully things will improve again when I’ve been back on more for a few day.

I’m also concerned about the pain. As I said, its not crippling. Its probably what you would term “mild”, but i know its not right. I’m seeing the nutritionist again in 10 days time and obviously i’ll ask her the the same things, but I wondered if anyone has any suggetions or advice about the tummy pain in the meantime, because these kinds of symptoms make my joint pain worse and i cant let that happen.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It could be way too many things for use to diagnose it. It could be inflammation, bacterial overgrowth, h. pylori, parasites, pH imbalances in the gut, constipation, a specific organ not working well and becoming blocked up, etc.

-raster

Jo*Jo

Thank you, Raster! After reading your post yesterday I’ve spoken to my nutritionist and my GP. Both think I may have H Pylori and I’ll hopefully be having the breath test tomorrow.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Be careful because h. pylori is usually treated with antibiotics.

-raster

Jo*Jo

I know. Its seems crazy but i’m not surprised. My nutritionist has a natural plan though, if i test positive.

Katemate3
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Whereabouts is the pain? Like upper, lower etc?

Jo*Jo

Between my chest and my belly button. I’m thinking that my symptoms are more like a pH imbalance now though so I’ve bought some litmus paper to test it. My friend was telling me that her husband had H Pylori and had a very metallic breath which she noticed even if he wasnt standing close to her. Based on that, she doesnt think I have it, but we’ll see. I’m having the test on Tuesday.

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

I had a burning/gnawing sensation there a few months ago and my doc wanted to scope me. I don’t like scopes too much (!) but my doc said it might be the start of a stomach ulcer.
    I must add that this started before I started the diet. Anyway, because my doc knows I don’t like taking meds PPIs , he recommended I take Gi Benefits. I feel thats done me a lot of good. Now my doc wants me to try Essiac tea. He’s a regular MD but says he’s seen this tea cure some people.
    Gi Benefits if really good, but it does contain 2g of sugar per serving. But I think it helped me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any suggestions as to why my stomach hurts?’ is closed to new replies.