Any Restaurants in USA which serve allowed food?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Any Restaurants in USA which serve allowed food?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

Any Restaurants in USA which serve allowed food?

I know home made food is best, but when we are out of town or out on some work, out for lunch with colleagues, friends…..

What do you people eat?
    What to eat when outside?

Right now, I know only about the veggie salad at Subway…….
    any thing else we can eat? any type of chicken, lamb etc….

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I would like to know the same thing. I suppose you can go somewhere and order some chicken and veggies but are they organic? moreover do they use bad stuff to cook it with?

I was also thinking miso soup which I hear is good for you but again, what preservitives and ingredients did they add?

If your going to eat red meat on the diet, a simple steak and salad might work. But its got to use no sauce and you may have to ask the cook to use sea salt and pepper thats it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Whole foods (is a chain and serve some organic foods)!

I don’t believe that there are many chain restaurants that serve organic food; we have a ton of local organic food restaurants and food carts in Portland.

-raster

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

nikki wrote: Any Restaurants in USA which serve allowed food?

I know home made food is best, but when we are out of town or out on some work, out for lunch with colleagues, friends…..

What do you people eat?
    What to eat when outside?

Right now, I know only about the veggie salad at Subway…….
    any thing else we can eat? any type of chicken, lamb etc….

There is actually one restaurant in Atlanta {if you’re ever driving through} that serves several candida diet friendly meals. It’s called R. Thomas Deluxe Grill. We went there driving from Chicago to Florida and back — twice! It was wonderful I had cultured veggies in nori and bought a pint of coconut kefir while I was there. Awesome!

But otherwise here in Chicagoland, I find good stuff at Whole Foods cafe and most nicer restaurants — Wildfire being my favorite chain — serve things like all-natural herb roasted chicken with fresh steamed veggies.

I take a salad dressing with me in my purse when I eat out — it’s in a little dish and it’s made out of two T of evoo, one T of acv, one T of flax seed and 1/4 t of herbamare or sea salt. So good and so rich and filling!

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

bummer, the closest whole foods to me is in Seattle, 70 miles away. But if im there, at least i have something to fall back on.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hey Debe,

I actually am not a fan of whole foods, but they are better than nothing and exist in nearly every state. They recently said that they were no longer certifying their foods as organic because they could be contaminated by non-organic foods:

http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2011/01/27/organic-elite-surrenders-to-monsanto/

I am a fan of new seasons market and they got everything I need including fresh chicken, lamb, and buffalo sausage and buckwheat in bulk:

http://www.newseasonsmarket.com/

Market of choice is also pretty good and they have locations in Eugene and a few other places:

http://www.marketofchoice.com/

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any Restaurants in USA which serve allowed food?’ is closed to new replies.