Any recipe ideas for salad dressing?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Any recipe ideas for salad dressing?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

Wasn’t sure where to post this and I didn’t see any other questions in the recipe section. Does anyone have any ideas for salad dressing recipes? I simply can’t do the oil/vinegar thing and I miss my ranch dressing on salads. Isn’t there some kind of substitute out there? I have some store bought dressing here with only 1 gram of carbs and 1 gram of sugar but the ingredients list is a mile long and I’m sure most of it is off limits.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its a tough one; there is no way to get a sugar free and vinegar free salad dressing, except if you did lemon and olive oil.

I have done the diet for 4 months while using italian and vinegerette dressing; it does set you back and is the worst thing you can have pretty much, but my body healed anyways. It will only extend the length of your treatment.

I found two dressings with apple cider vinegar; bragg’s makes one with no bad ingredients, and annie’s makes a raspberry vinegerette; the annie’s one also contains small amounts of sugar and other bad ingredients, but I can deal with it.

The ranch dressing contains dairy products which is definitely the worst of all ingredients for the diet; so you will have to continue on without it if possible.

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

raster wrote: The ranch dressing contains dairy products which is definitely the worst of all ingredients for the diet; so you will have to continue on without it if possible.

Oh it’s possible lol. I’ve come too far to mess up now. If the others will set me back as well I’d rather just skip salads for now. Thanks for the advice!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The bragg’s vinaigrette contains honey which is the only bad ingredient:

http://www.bragg.com/products/vinaigrette.html

The bragberry one (I haven’t seen this) only has 3g of sugar per serving and is made up largely of fruit juices:

http://bragg.com/products/bragg-organic-braggberry-salad-dressing.html

I feel that the benefit of salad/veggies outweighs any consequences of having a little bit of sugar. I mean, the greek yogurt has more sugar per serving than the salad dressings do. If you can find their products, I don’t think it’d be the end of the world to have a little salad dressing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any recipe ideas for salad dressing?’ is closed to new replies.