Any reason this is happening?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Any reason this is happening?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  X0christinaa0x3 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

X0christinaa0x3
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 12

I’ve been on the candida diet for 2.5 months noe and have seen a major improvement in my mood, my body is not as exhasuted, i don’t bloat/get nausea as soon as I eat, I’m pooping 2 times a day whereas before I was going several days w. no BMs. I am strict w. the diet. Only antifungals I use are cinnamon (yes I read tht cinnamon has strong antifungal properties), ACV, and coconut oil every noe and then but VERY rarely. My diet consists of the following ;
    -almond flour pancakes made w. eggs, almond flour, seasalt
    (Eat these every morning w. sunbutter and ghee)
    -lunch I usually have quinoa w. ghee and spinach
    -snack : cucumber or kale dipped in tahini, ACV, and olive oil
    -dinner: chicken, salmon, or cod w. lemon and allowed seasonings
    -snack: almonds, pecans, sunbutter, almond butter, pumpkin seeds, etc
    -“dessert” either quinoa muffins or more pancakes (yes, they’re just that good!!)

My question is, why is it that EVERY night, I have a stomach ache around 7:30 pm the se time every day. At first i thought it was the quinoa bc I was eating that every day at the same time, but I cut out quinoa for a few days and still have the pain. Also, my intestines feel like they SWELL up pretty bad when I have this pain. Not sure if my intestines are swelling up, if it’s gas, if it’s stoll backing up, if it’s die-off related, if it’s bc I drink more in the morning than I do towards the evening, or if it’s something i’m eating. Any ideas? The only thing I eat consistently at a specific time each day is the pancakes w. sunbutter so I’m wondering if I’m reacting to sunbutter? It’s unsweetened and just made of sunflower seeds, nothig more. The pain is always gone in the morning, and an epsom salt bath helps sometimes. I’m so confused. Thanks everyone!!

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

The nuts — including the sunbutter, the almond flour and all of your snack nuts– the quinoa and the tahini are all not allowed on the stricter diet. You are likely reacting to some or all of those and would need to eliminate them all, wait a couple weeks, then start introducing them one at a time to determine which ones are causing you problems.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I second what sue is saying. For me, I had such bad leaky gut that I had hardcore reactions to almond butter for about the first 6 months of the diet. I would basically get a major burn symptom throughout my body, accompanied by headache, ringing ears, and bloodshot eyes. I didn’t react to stuff on the foods list. Its like night vs. day in how you will feel without the items that cause you trouble.

I also didn’t make much progress the first 4 months when I consumed large amounts of sunflower seeds. Once I quit them I felt a ton better. Sunflower seeds are higher in mold content when compared to almonds in my opinion and the molds benefit the yeast. This is why dried items shouldn’t be eaten like raisins, beans, (coffee), fruits, apricots, pepperoni, etc. The longer a food item sits in the air, the more mold it’ll contain. This is why fresh is best!

If you soak the nuts in water, and/or roast them, this will remove most of the mold. This is the only safe way to go in my opinion. Keep in mind that roasting reduces their nutritional properties.

-raster

X0christinaa0x3

Thank you for the replies:)! The problem with me is that I am forced to gain weight bc I was almost going to be hospitalized bc I was so underweight. I think I will cut out the sunbutter for now and see what happens bc if I don’t eat the nuts and quinoa…I will bot be able to get enough calories and gain weight 🙁 i didn’t start the quinoa for a few weeks after the diet and I don’t think quinoa is the problem. Plus on the candidadiet website it says that quinoa is okay and the other websites I checked say that quinoa is fine. I will try to soak and coook the nuts to avoid the mold!! Thanks:)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I definitely would not consume quinoa because when I ate it, I couldn’t digest it at all. Its a tough item for your body to process and has been a widespread problem on the forum since I’ve been here for the last 2 years. Buckwheat is a much better alternative in general.

If you are looking for a great weight gain food, I would look no further than teff:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1477_Introducing-a-new-baking-flour-TEFF-Flour.aspx

Incredibly nutritious, similar to wheat but has no gluten, tastes good, gives you power and strength, prebiotic that feeds the probiotics…so many good things about it.

As you rebuild your gut flora, you’ll have a greater surface area inside the gut to absorb the food, so you should be able to gain weight in time. Additionally, if you get proper nutrition, your body will be able to grow better.

-raster

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

I stopped the weight loss once I started eating the coconut bread and chicken. I’ve also eaten olives packed in salt water for calories. Milk kefir would also be a good source of extra calories and probiotics.

X0christinaa0x3

I am going to cut out quinoa starting now and see how I feel when I don’t eat it for a week. I do want to try teff or buckwheat, and possibly the coconut bread. I do like olives, but I read not to eat them raw..only cooked so I guess I can try that!! I starte drinking small amounts of kefir again also for the probiotics, vitamin D3 in it, taste, and calories :p yumm! Thanks for the tips!!!

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

BMs are mostly happening in the morning and at the end of the day (we’re designed that way I guess). These are not my words, but the MD’s words I visit for advices.
    If you have IBS, then thats the reason actually (I presume). I also get bloating often at that time.

It’s also directly connected with the food like others advised, since if you eat problematic food its more likely that your symptoms will be stronger.

X0christinaa0x3

Alright everyone, I think i’m noticing a trend here. Today after eating chicken several times throughout the day, i think I have figured out the cause of my nightly stomach aches. I believe I mostly only eat chicken or meat at dinner time. Typicay I eat dinner at 5:30 (which is almost always chicken or salmon) and by 7:30 i’m hving stomach pains. Well today I ate chicken for lunch, between lunch and dinner, and for dinner. Everytime I had the meat, I got bloating afterwards. I think I may have low HCL and it’s prolonging digestion:( I am now sipping some ACV and do feel some relief but not sure if that’s a coincidence. If this is te case, it is probably likely my candida is due to low HCL so for the next few days..enzymes and AVC with each meal for me. Anyone else experience this?! Ouch it hurts!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any reason this is happening?’ is closed to new replies.