Any candida diet safe sore throat remedies out there?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Any candida diet safe sore throat remedies out there?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  steve84 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I had some sore throat with die-off, but I think this time I really am getting sick as my eyes are red, my nose is watery etc. The problem is, I don’t know any sore throat remedies which do not contain honey or other non-allowed items. Anyone has any advice on how to treat sore throat in a way that’s safe for our current diet?

Thanks in advance!

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Theres a type of tea I use in the US called “throat coat” that soothes your throat really well and has allowed ingredients.

http://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Medicinals-Throat-Coat-bag/dp/B00014DMBE

I am unsure if you can get it in bosnia though…

You might also want to look into detox tea:

http://www.yogiproducts.com/products/details/detox/

-raster

orka1998
    Participant

Thanks raster!

Oh I am dreaming of nice soothing honey now! This is going to be painful. I guess I just need to tough it out and hope it goes away soon.

Arijana

orka1998
    Participant

Bump

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Do you have apple cider vinegar? I suffer from regular sore throats, always have… and now at the first little twinge I put a generous splash of apple cider vinegar in my hot lemon drink (which always has at least a half squeezed lemon in it). If the throat is very sore I wash down 2 Ibuprofin with it but try no to if I can help it.

WARNING – for those reading who have startied the diet or think their overgrowth is serious, start with very small amounts of ACV and build up. At first it may make you nauseous & light headed, and the taste is also very strong.

Apart from that, I gargle with salt water. Also oil pulling with coconut oil – though this is to remove the toxins in the mouth (not throat) first thing in the morning, I figure it can only help, as if there’s any infection in the throat it would probably release more toxins? I’m no doctor! Also the oil pulling would ease any thrush symptoms, just i case the sore throat is the start of oral thrush… I like to cover all bases and hit things hard!

And the obvious things – loads of liquids (esp lemon drink which with boost the vit C), take extra vit c tabs, maybe some echinacea? And get some extra sleep if you can (oh, if only I could take my own advice!!)

Hope you feel better soon,

Lx

orka1998
    Participant

Lucylu wrote: Do you have apple cider vinegar? I suffer from regular sore throats, always have… and now at the first little twinge I put a generous splash of apple cider vinegar in my hot lemon drink (which always has at least a half squeezed lemon in it). If the throat is very sore I wash down 2 Ibuprofin with it but try no to if I can help it.

WARNING – for those reading who have startied the diet or think their overgrowth is serious, start with very small amounts of ACV and build up. At first it may make you nauseous & light headed, and the taste is also very strong.

Apart from that, I gargle with salt water. Also oil pulling with coconut oil – though this is to remove the toxins in the mouth (not throat) first thing in the morning, I figure it can only help, as if there’s any infection in the throat it would probably release more toxins? I’m no doctor! Also the oil pulling would ease any thrush symptoms, just i case the sore throat is the start of oral thrush… I like to cover all bases and hit things hard!

And the obvious things – loads of liquids (esp lemon drink which with boost the vit C), take extra vit c tabs, maybe some echinacea? And get some extra sleep if you can (oh, if only I could take my own advice!!)

Hope you feel better soon,

Lx

Thanks Lucilu! I do have ACV, matter of fact I am now eating a salad with ACV. I am trying not to be a baby and tough it out without meds, but yesterday I had trouble talking as it would touch the tender spots. Today it seems better, so perhaps it was die-off. I don’t have much of the other die-off symptoms and am taking molybdenum so I was pretty sure it was not the die-off.

I didn’t try oil pulling yet. I guess I was a bit lazy to even try it and oral thrush was more an appearance for me, not really bothering me (noticed it just when i started my treatment as people were talking about it here so I went to the bathroom and stuck my tongue out hahahaha).

Thanks for reminding me of salt. This is what you do after dental work, pulling out the tooth or something. It could definitely help with sore throat. I will try that.

Extra sleep? I don’t think I know what that means hahahahaha

Thank you my dear Lucilu!

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Relating to ACV; be sure to get organic raw apple cider vinegar and not the regular distilled ACV…there is a big difference! The regular distilled ACV will feed candida.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant

raster wrote: Relating to ACV; be sure to get organic raw apple cider vinegar and not the regular distilled ACV…there is a big difference! The regular distilled ACV will feed candida.

-raster

Hi Raster,

I have ACV which may not be certified organic (that certification is not widely used here in Bosnia yet, perhaps few Germain stores carry organic stuff which I use), but it was made by monks in a monastery. I do believe that it’s as raw and as pure as it gets since they use old techniques in making it. You can tell by the color and the stuff that sets at the bottom that it’s a real thing. I did use it and it did not cause problems (perhaps some die-off at the beginning). All I taste in it is ACV and no alcohol like you would in regular vinegar.

I hope it’s OK. I use very little of it anyway, like a teaspoon on a salad and that’s it.

Thank you!

Arijana

steve84
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

My suggestion is use hot water and lemon tea and honey is very good for Sore Throat it’s really helpful

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any candida diet safe sore throat remedies out there?’ is closed to new replies.