Any advice on diet discipline?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Any advice on diet discipline?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cherrypie 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lisa333
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

Hi, guys. I’m struggling to stick to the diet for longer than a month, or 2 at best, although it helps me tremendously. Does anyone have advice on how to stay the course on the diet? My greatest challenges are junk food – specifically biscuits and cakes, as well as bread.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Bake your own treats! There are so many on this site. Use xylitol, erythritol, or stevia, and you can still eat sweet foods without affecting your blood sugar.

Last Legs
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 22

I’ve had great trouble wrestling with my candida cravings. I’m always going back to square one and hating myself for it. Sometimes I feel like a helpless alcoholic or a heroin addict. My willpower seems to have gotten worse over time. I’ve had fantasies of cutting myself to see if that’d help me from falling off the wagon. Although I’m not religious or spiritual, I might try sitting down and copying pages from the Bible by hand. Maybe you could try that too. There are other books out there.

Cherrypie
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Hi Lisa
    Sounds familiar to me …
    For me it is easy to stick to the diet when avoiding all kinds of sugars and carbs. But later, when introducing some of them back in my diet, or half a year later when trying to stick to a healthy diet with few sugar here and there – I can’t help and begin to eat loads of sugar again. Even if I know how hard it is to do the Candida diet again.

Unfortunately I have no solution. Just want to let you know that you are not the only one 🙂

Good day
    Cherrypie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.