Antronex for Histamine Intolerance / Been putting off the Candida Connection

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Antronex for Histamine Intolerance / Been putting off the Candida Connection

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

I had been reading good things about Antronex and had noticed it mentioned in Candida and thyroid discussions. But I had a dizzy side effect from it that panicked me.

I am Hypothyroid and have suspected Candida for some time and have been preparing to do A strict Candida Protocol for almost a year. I think I keep putting it off because I hate strict diets and have a bad history of rebounding from them. I tested as having Dysbiosis 3 years ago and tested h.pylori positive months ago,and believe that Histamine intolerance has been a factor for me for many years especially a factor now with my main health concerns of abdominal discomfort and pain that I think may be caused by Silent Acid Reflux caused by Histamine and rashes I think are caused by a Candida overgrowth. I have gluten, nightshade, caffeine sensitivities as well. I eat a very clean Organic local food, Paleo Diet but maybe eating too much fruit (not so local) and for sure until about a month ago too many high and histamine liberating foods. My entire diet consisted of high histamine foods!! Lots more detail but… to get to the point…

Working on Histamine I took Standard Process Antronex to try and help and now suffered a SIDE EFFECT with Antronex:
    I took only one tablet of ANTRONEX Wednesday afternoon and it made me dizzy but right away seemed to clear my ears and sinuses. Thursday morning I woke up and had some mucus loosen as I was sneezing and getting a little phlegm up (not normally having that). I did not take a dose Antronex again because I have still been dizzy for two days.

I think my Histamine Bucket is Full and overflowing and that Histamine may be a factor with my Silent Acid Reflux and abdominal discomfort and pain.
    I do have itchy full of wax ear all the time so it might be having an effect on my inner ear.
    Do any of you take Antronex ?

A Metabolic Nutritionist suggested it to me and he also suggested I supplement Sunflower Lecithin for Choline but I’ve not started on that yet. Trying to decide between Blue Mountain Organics product (which is not organic but Nutritionist recommended it) and Lekithos brand. Lekithos is interesting to me since I study Bible Doctrine in the context of Greek and original languages – I digress. Anyway, Lekithos is Greek for “egg yolk”. Don’t know why I can’t just eat more egg yolks – I crave them like crazy. Anyway all that has to do with my 23AndMe gene testing results and work with some gene defects Methylation etc. I am consulting with the Metabolic Nutritionist for those but I have seen 23AndMe and Methylation and gene issues discussed here a lot too. So it might be an issue as to why some folks with Candida do not heal well or as quickly as others.

My Nutritionist got back with me a little bit ago and said to take Antronex apart from my thyroid medication. Said, besides that, it usually works quickly to remove phlegm and mucous and histamine.
    And
    Anecdotal reports indicate it can pull certain hormones out. In which case, you may want to take with licorice and ashwagandha, or take apart from another hormone.

I do take WP Thyroid for my Hypothyroidism and I am pretty sure the only other hormone I’ve taken is Melatonin. I have taken Melatonin mcg doses to large doses for 19 years.
    I just stopped taking the mcg time released dose of the Melatonin last week due to Melatonin or perhaps the time released or some other filler causing my eyes to be very dry and irritated. The product I was taking lists (microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, hydroxypropylcellulose, aqueous film coating (purified water, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, glycerin), stearic acid, vegetable stearate, croscarmellose sodium, silica).

I have no idea how many hormones or toxins I might detox. No mercury in my mouth now but recently Nutritionist told me that mercury might still be in my body and be an issue.

Anyway after I got that answer back from him regarding my panic over Antronex. I feel better since I took some licorice both DGL and tincture of straight Licorice but cannot take ashwagandha due to nightshade sensitivity.

All I know about Histamines is that I realized my diet has been full of High Histamine foods. I only have mild seasonal allergies. I started looking at Histamine intolerance after I ate two Histamine liberators Papaya and Pineapple in a morning smoothie last month and had one of the worst Yeast infections I’ve ever had. Thinking that Histamines may be responsible for my abdominal issues I went about to lower my Histamine levels.

The last thing I want is to block my body’s defensive immune response and cause me to be more vulnerable to toxins in my tissues.

Last year I ‘discovered’ what I believe to be candida overgrowth when as I was having rashes I noticed that anti-fungal foods cause them to flair.

I have most likely had a candida overgrowth for many years. Until I cleaned up my diet I craved cabs and ate a lot of sugar.

Candida may be a cause for my Hypothyroidism too. I’ve been Hypothyroid since 2005. I was tested not to have Hashimoto’s as the cause. I was seeing a conventional Endocrinologist back then and over the years I asked for urine and blood Iodine tests and both showed low iodine- Endo Doctor did not suggest anything for that. Guess that is not in their wheelhouse. They are afraid of iodine supplementation and so am I- I know it is controversial in allopathic circles and even holistically it needs to be handled carefully.

I do think I have high Inflammation. My CR-P has been high except for a time when I was vegetarian/vegan. Just after that time I took Premier products called HCL and HCL Activator at the same time I was taking Dr. Schulze Cayenne in 2010 and I think it gave me an ulcer at least after of a year of suffering with that (an upper right quadrant pain), an ulcer protocol I did for 6 months cured my pain for two years.

I was taking Biotin then to for my hair so maybe something I was doing helped candida overgrowth.

Sorry to cover so many different things here partly due to my lack of focus.
    Everything is a mystery to me but I do know that within the body everything is related thus, so many issues all in a body that I believe is fearfully and wonderfully made!

I just don’t comprehend how to interpret my symptoms to give my biological body what it needs.

Maybe some of you can relate ?

I am praying for answers for your Candida and health issues and I know mine are for blessing because as my physical body is suffering it is well with my soul because of my faith in The Lord Jesus Christ.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have not taken antronex but am familiar with standard process products. My ND feels that certain standard process products should be used on certain individual (types) and not others. He categories his patients into categories based on their ailments and based on those categories he prescribes specific supplements to them only and not his other patients.

So instead of antronex you really might need something like livaplex or allerplex (or maybe something else perhaps).

As far as thyroid issues, I would think this would be a cause of your infestation. If your thyroid health becomes compromised (typically due to adrenal health) then your bodies immune system is not functioning optimally. If this occurs then you can develop health problems like a candida problem.

What my ND has me doing to help heal it is to take 2 standard process products; prolamine iodine and thytrophin. This might not be the best product for you but just telling you what I am taking…

What you are going to need to do is a holistic approach to get better. You need to address multiple problems all at once like thyroid, liver, intestines, etc. with a specific set of products. This is pretty expensive from my experience and it takes many years as well, so this isn’t something to get better quickly usually…

I do agree that it sounds like your body is overloaded and one thing to keep in mind is that vitamin C is a great thing to use to lower histamine levels. A specific dose can reduce the levels by as much as 25% daily.

One thing I also would do is try out all of these changes gradually a few days apart. Then you’ll know what is going on. I personally highly suspect its the coming off the melatonin that is making you feel all weird right now. This is not a supplement you can take safely long term so its a very good thing you have stopped. However stopping cold turkey might not be the best way to ween off of it.

I haven’t heard of this sunflower lecithin stuff but it sounds like its used for acne. Be very careful with it because you could be allergic to sunflower seeds.

I recommend consulting an allergist because you could also take allergy shots to get over the histamine problems. You can also take candida allergy shots that tell your body to fight candida if you are allergic to it.

-raster

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

Thank you raster!!

Sorry I don’t know how to use the multiquote and other function keys on this forum and I used italics and some [h]highlighting[/h] to show contrast between your comments and mine. Hope this is readable.

raster;59358 wrote: I have not taken antronex but am familiar with standard process products. My ND feels that certain standard process products should be used on certain individual (types) and not others. He categories his patients into categories based on their ailments and based on those categories he prescribes specific supplements to them only and not his other patients.

So instead of antronex you really might need something like livaplex or allerplex (or maybe something else perhaps).

[h]I’ve not taken Standard Process much because I don’t think they are gluten and or nightshade free, seems I’ve not had very good reactions to the two I have taken, A-F Betafood and Antronex. There is a doctor in Houston I may consult with Dr. Stuart White, CCN, DABCN, DC, he is supposed to be very knowledgeable about Standard Process You are blessed to have a good ND to work with you. I’ve not found an ideal health practitioner to partner with yet, I love Michael McEvoy, the metabolic nutritionist I’ve consulted with but I don’t think he knows a lot about Candida. He suggested Pure Essence Candex. So I will search that here and study it some– what do you think of it?[/h]

As far as thyroid issues, I would think this would be a cause of your infestation. If your thyroid health becomes compromised (typically due to adrenal health) then your bodies immune system is not functioning optimally. If this occurs then you can develop health problems like a candida problem.

[h]All connected….I think pool chemicals and sugar addiction were factors with my Hypothyroidism. Been Hypo since 2005. The one time I checked antibodies for Hashimoto’s they were negative. I think it has to do with Candida overgrowth, low iodine and perhaps Histamine or Gluten intolerances. At Michael’s suggestion I am reading an interesting book called “Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? When My Lab Tests are Normal” by Daris Kharrazian, DHSc, DC, MS. Targeting Adrenals and Immune system function seems reasonable. But just how to do that and what to do first?[/h]

What my ND has me doing to help heal it is to take 2 standard process products; prolamine iodine and thytrophin. This might not be the best product for you but just telling you what I am taking…

[h]Is Thytrophin a granular? Is it like desiccated porcine thyroid,(Armour, Naturethroid, WP Thyroid)? How long have you been taking those? And how are they working for you? I know Kharrazian is opposed to supplementing with Tyrosine and iodine but I don’t know all his reasoning yet.[/h]

What you are going to need to do is a holistic approach to get better. You need to address multiple problems all at once like thyroid, liver, intestines, etc. with a specific set of products. This is pretty expensive from my experience and it takes many years as well, so this isn’t something to get better quickly usually…

[h]Yes, I have been working on my health for 5 years after cancer, and as bad- conventional cancer treatment. I am alive by the Grace of God![/h]

I do agree that it sounds like your body is overloaded and one thing to keep in mind is that vitamin C is a great thing to use to lower histamine levels. A specific dose can reduce the levels by as much as 25% daily.

[h]Vitamin C was my go to supplement for many years and if I did have Histamine intolerance for a long time it might have keep it from being an issue for me. I love Vit C and believe in it. But everytime I take it for a while even in mild, buffered Palm/Allergy formula’s it causes me slight bowel bleeding like NASID’s do. I have been working on healing my mucosal lining but don’t feel I’ve done too well in that regard most likely because I need to eat even lower carb. I’ve cut most nuts, grains, dairy, all gluten, nightshades, caffeine and recently high histamine free and even considering Fod Maps free but while I believe my diet is going to be key to healing I hardly have anything left to give up or anything left to eat. I green veggie juice and do love that and have considering doing a juice fast to give my digestive system a rest. [/h]

One thing I also would do is try out all of these changes gradually a few days apart. Then you’ll know what is going on. I personally highly suspect its the coming off the melatonin that is making you feel all weird right now. This is not a supplement you can take safely long term so its a very good thing you have stopped. However stopping cold turkey might not be the best way to ween off of it.

[h]I’ve tried to get off Melatonin before but can’t sleep much then. I don’t have confidence in taking hormones but well I take WP Thyroid too. Thank you for your suggested to Ween off. I will try taking Herbatonin (natural melatonin made from Rice) 0.3 mg (that’s 300 mcg- I was last taking synthetic 750 mcg time released).[/h]

I haven’t heard of this sunflower lecithin stuff but it sounds like its used for acne. Be very careful with it because you could be allergic to sunflower seeds.

[h]You are right- I will be careful– I could be allergic to sunflower seeds[/h].

I recommend consulting an allergist because you could also take allergy shots to get over the histamine problems. You can also take candida allergy shots that tell your body to fight candida if you are allergic to it.

[h]Will consider – I have never heard of candida allergy shots. I don’t understand that at all?? People can be allergic to Candida?[/h]

-raster

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Antronex for Histamine Intolerance / Been putting off the Candida Connection’ is closed to new replies.