antihistamines

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions antihistamines

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Himawari 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

helpme
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 72

I have to take them regularly, and I know they suppress the immune system. Will they hinder progress?

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

I’m in the same boat as you, needing to take allergy meds every day for mold, dust, etc., but never really thought about its effect on the diet, mostly because I knew that even if it had a negative impact on my progress, I had no choice but to continue taking them.

I think they help more than hinder, personally. The keep the mucus production down, for one. I switched from the fairly mild Claritin (which I had been taking for years, but was slowly losing its efficacy) to Zyrtec after a month or so on the diet, and if anything I noticed increased improvement.

I’d like to hear if anyone has any research on this topic.

me
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I took antihistamines for 6 months on and off and to think of the amount of money i spent thinking the whole time that i was alergic to my cats! Since i stoped eating sugar and dairy and taking candisol my alergy symptoms are much better i don ‘t feel the need for antihistamine i feel like the just dried me out so much and then cause sever pain all through my cheek bones and temples. I would quit them and drink lots of water and add more garlic to my diet… i wish that was my issue i’m at die off stage and taking day off work today as i was dizzy nauseause weak and confused yeasterday and did naot want to deal with the embarrasment of being useless at work today.

Good luck india!

helpme
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 72

Oh really? I’m pretty certain I’m allergic to dogs, and being on the diet for a month now the allergy hasn’t got any better.

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

I doubt a month on the diet would make much of a dent in your seasonal/pet/environmental allergies (after a month I was barely seeing a change in my candida-related symptoms, after all). After four months, however, I think my allergies may have gotten better, although that could just be because I switched medications and it’s winter right now. However, I’d like to think the diet could alleviate allergies too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘antihistamines’ is closed to new replies.