Antifungals-how much and how often?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Antifungals-how much and how often?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  GayBofill 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

KAO73
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 10

Hi experts!
    I truly appreciate all the info you put together, protocols, allowed food list, vitamin list to name a few.

I was wondering if you can compile some sort of list to guide us how to take antifungals.
    You already mentioned how to start taking coconut oil and how to raise the quantity.
    But as for other antifungals such as oil of oregano, SF722 etc….I don’t know how much and how often to start and how to increase.

Also in relation to taking probiotics, how to reduce(?) or stop certain antifungals.

(For example in my different post, Raster replied to me “Once you get over die-off symptoms I would stop using oil of oregano after a few weeks beyond that; you don’t want to use it long term because you will want the flora to grow/thrive in your gut. SF722 is just fine at this time.”
    And Able confirmed with me that there is the potential that too much antifungals in the long time isn’t good because that can kill the good flora as well.)

I’ve been using the search feature to find out other ppl’s questions before, but it seems that many ppl have similar questions. And, I’m sure you experts (esp. Able!) are tired of explaining every time… unless you love to explaining every time 😉

Maybe it is up the individual and progress of the diet and treatment, and maybe this will cause more questions, but the base guide line would be very very nice! (well, so I don’t have to bother you as much!)

In addition, if you can provide me what is the ideal ratio of veggies, proteins, fat and allowed flours?
    An sample menu of your daily meal would be great too.
    I’m on the week 3 and eating coconut bread, and I am stopping myself eating too much of it.
    That’s where I came across the above question.

If my questions are already covered previously, please kindly give me the link.
    Thank you for your time and answer!

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

how are you taking your coconut oil, KAO73? Colour me ignorant but I wasn’t expecting it to be the texture of vaseline.. having a hard time with it already..

candida_sucks
    Replies: 148

wishnhope wrote: how are you taking your coconut oil, KAO73? Colour me ignorant but I wasn’t expecting it to be the texture of vaseline.. having a hard time with it already..

You can put the jar of coconut oil in a small pot with some hot water (with water level below the top of the jar of oil) and it’ll liquify. I actually fire up the gas range and put it on a low setting to speed up the process. Takes just a few minutes before a whole pint becomes liquid.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

I actually just eat coconut oil out of the container as a snack. Cant be the only one who thinks thats tasty?

Ideal ratio’s? I would not go there. Food shouldnt be an obsession. It should be enjoyed and unforced, and its different per person what a person needs.

Personally, I dont take a lot of anti fungals because it weakens me too much. Good food and good thinking and taking it easy do most of the work. Listen to yourself.

Anti fungals taken too long or too heavily makes you weak, and may damage the healing process. For this reason we take herbs like ashwagandha to strengthen the internal weakness where it all began.

KAO73
    Replies: 10

Chris24,
    I understand that you want to enjoy food. However, doing this candida diet changed my way of eating completely and what I used to think was good isn’t so anymore. I just need better guideline so I can cure.
    Also, I’ve been taking coconut oil and raw garlics and I am ready to introduce more antifungals….since I thought good antifungals and probiotics are must to cure candida infestation.
    And I do agree that the coconut oil is very tasty!

wishnhope,
    As candida_sucks mentioned you can heat up the oil. I would take just what you need in the small deep dish and heat up in the pot. Our apartment happens to be very warm and keeping the jar on the stove will make liquify.
    As far as consuming it, put it on my salad as dressing, making a dipping sauce with cinnamon and stevia (yum!), or just take as is.

I still would like to know how I take my antifungals starting next week.
    I will start with oil of oregano (north american herb & spice P73 regular strength).
    Then after 2 weeks SF722.

I’m 5’1” and about 110lbs female (if that matters…)

Do I follow the instruction on the bottle?
    For candida treatment, do I need to take more than what the bottles say?

GayBofill
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

For Able/Raster and other Experts,what are your thoughts on Chris 24’s comment:

“Anti fungals taken too long or too heavily makes you weak, and may damage the healing process. For this reason we take herbs like ashwagandha to strengthen the internal weakness where it all began.”

If true, when should anti-fungals be stopped for treating such an insidious thing as candida?

GB

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Antifungals-how much and how often?’ is closed to new replies.