antifungals ?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions antifungals ?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mygutleaks 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i plannd on rotating garlic acv coconut oil and sf722 ,now that i cant get sf722 and have no idea when it will be in stock ,what antifungals are best ?

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Try tossing in some whole food anti-fungals like rutabaga, brussel sprouts and Spirulina.
    I will be experimenting with these next week myself, as well as oil of oregano.

hope4eva77

thanks yeah i eat alot of rutabaga and brussel sprouts ,i cant do the oil of oregano it burns my skin

hope4eva77

looking for a diffrent supplement similar to sf722

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

hope4eva77;33213 wrote: i plannd on rotating garlic acv coconut oil and sf722 ,now that i cant get sf722 and have no idea when it will be in stock ,what antifungals are best ?

The main ingredient in SF722 is Undecenoic Acid; this is the reason you take it. Coconut oil is full of undecenoic acid with the added benefits of both caprylic acid and lauric acid plus needed calories. So you can still get your daily undecenoic acid by continuing to take coconut oil, and you can increase the amount you take in order to obtain more of the acid. You don’t have to alternate coconut oil with anything because the Candida can’t adapt to it.

I wouldn’t take too much of the ACV because it has the ability to destroy the beneficial bacteria along with the Candida.

Able

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

i don’t think that’s correct. undecenoic acid is derived from the castor bean and is not in coconut oil.

mygutleaks
    Participant

just a thought. if one has run out of SF722, they could use saccharomyces boulardii. i’m guessing this would keep the candida yeast from gaining ground. it seems like saccharomyces boulardii works for at least several months before candida adapts. if you order from iherb for example, for $8 they ship it on ice next day economy. i ordered some on monday and it came tuesday. haven’t used it though.

my only concern would be.. i see that it displaces the candida yeast, but can’t find anything on if it also displaces the fungal form.

or, might be easier to just use one of the many other antifungals available at the local grocery or vitamin store.

any thoughts?

mygutleaks
    Participant

it says hyphae, this to me would suggest fungus

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19732158

The antagonistic effect of Saccharomyces boulardii on Candida albicans filamentation, adhesion and biofilm formation.

Abstract

The dimorphic fungus Candida albicans is a member of the normal flora residing in the intestinal tract of humans. In spite of this, under certain conditions it can induce both superficial and serious systemic diseases, as well as be the cause of gastrointestinal infections. Saccharomyces boulardii is a yeast strain that has been shown to have applications in the prevention and treatment of intestinal infections caused by bacterial pathogens. The purpose of this study was to determine whether S. boulardii affects the virulence factors of C. albicans. We demonstrate the inhibitory effect of live S. boulardii cells on the filamentation (hyphae and pseudohyphae formation) of C. albicans SC5314 strain proportional to the amount of S. boulardii added. An extract from S. boulardii culture has a similar effect. Live S. boulardii and the extract from S. boulardii culture filtrate diminish C. albicans adhesion to and subsequent biofilm formation on polystyrene surfaces under both aerobic and microaerophilic conditions. This effect is very strong and requires lower doses of S. boulardii cells or concentrations of the extract than serum-induced filamentation tests. Saccharomyces boulardii has a strong negative effect on very important virulence factors of C. albicans, i.e. the ability to form filaments and to adhere and form biofilms on plastic surfaces.

mygutleaks
    Participant

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00595-005-3049-9?LI=true

Bombesin is from the poisonous fire-bellied toad

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘antifungals ?’ is closed to new replies.