Antifungal stopped working after six days. Raster?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Antifungal stopped working after six days. Raster?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LindaMR 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

LindaMR
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 13

Hi,

I tried turmeric for my candida, and after an hour our two I had a lot of energy. Went on taking it but after six days all my symptoms started to come back – tired again, coated tongue, watery eyes. Why is that, can candida adapt that quickly? I think my candida problem is in my stomach/smallintestine, I never get die off but feel very energized when something is working.

What kind of antifungals do you recommend here on the forum? Do you have a list? And do you know if there is anything you can use to make the intestines more acidic ( like ascorbic acid)? That also worked for me for a couple of days:(

Thanks!
    /Linda

LindaMR

Bumping! It’s ok for anyone to answer 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Take a look at SF722 on amazon.com…

-raster

LindaMR

That wasn’t exactly an answer to the questions I asked. I’ve already tried sf 722

raster
    Participant

What doseage did you try SF722 at? Its a long term antifungal that you can use that candida cannot adapt to. It causes candida to convert from the pathogenic version to the non-pathogenic version.

My second suggestion would be coconut oil. Candida cannot adapt to it either.

-raster

raster
    Participant

Also because your symptoms come back does not mean that it isn’t working. You likely are experiencing die-off symptoms. If the toxins recirculate in the body then you will feel bad.

-raster

LindaMR

I took sf722 for some time, 15 each day, didn’t seem to help. Everything that helps just seem to help for some days, I don’t think it’s die off.

Henschy
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 43

Hey Linda,

Like Raster said the recommended antifungals on the forum is Sf722 and Coconut oil, although it’s probiotics that’s the most important part of the treatment, not the antifungals.

You would need to be on a strict candida diet, and use the antifungals, and the probiotics, on a long term plan, 6-18 months, the antifungals alone wont work.

Although turmeric has some antifungal activity it’s also antiinflammatory, perhaps that’s what had the effect at the start you mentioned.

Also you might have some related complications to Candida, like dysbiosis(gut bacteria flora imbalance), SIBO(Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) or Parasites.

If it’s parasites, Humaworm will help.
    If it’s SIBO or dysbiosis then I recommend Probiotics and a biofilm disruptor like Interfase Plus.

If you want some help with getting supplements that can get delivered to Sweden you can write you’r email and I can send the links that I use as well tell about where you can buy supplements in Stockholm.

raster
    Participant

The way antifungals work, its not like you take them and immediately you feel better and your symptoms go away. It takes a long period of time of use and gradual destruction of the yeast slowly over time for results. There is no real way to get better fast, and there is no way to get better fast with antifungals.

This is especially true with SF722. While I did notice immediate results…after 6 months of use, the day to day change wasn’t much. But I did get better every month when compared to the month before, and still continue to get better after 3 years on the diet…

You can use all of the antifungals that are out there but this won’t cure the overgrowth. The probiotics cure it like henschy stated and they change the environment within the gut so that it doesn’t keep coming back (or as quickly).

The symptoms you experience after use are likely related to die-off because these toxins are what really make you feel bad, not the yeast. If you have a good detox plan then you won’t feel as bad. When I would get bad die-off if feels like the yeast is way strong but its just the dying yeast toxins that I notice!

-raster

surfside949
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 16

Hey there~

The war on Candida is an overall extreme make-over of the body. In order to be effective, it is essential to use each product appropriately or it’s just a waste of time and money. For example; to achieve optimum results and benefits from a probiotic, it should be taken on an empty stomach and with nothing else. Anti-fungals interfere with their job and accordingly, in order for anti-fungals to work, you need to be taking a digestive enzyme. After all, our bodies played host to the “perfect storm” and provided the ideal setting for yeast overgrowth. Due to it’s mutation and ability to change, we have to go on the offensive and hit it on all fronts.

Based on documented research, in order to achieve a BALANCED EFFECTIVE herbal regiment, it should include first and foremost: DIGESTIVE ENZYMES. As well as… ANTI-FUNGALS, DETOX CLEANSERS FOR THE LIVER, PROBIOTICS and IMMUNE BOOSTERS. They all serve a specific purpose and when used correctly, they will combat the yeast by breaking down the cell walls and degrading its compounds. As you may have heard, the anti-fungals need to be rotated about every 10 days and it is also just as imperative, the “digestive enzymes” you purchase are the ones that actually combat “CANDIDA ALIBCANS.”

Re; DIGESTIVE ENZYMES: Due to the strength and vitality of Candida’s cell wall (biofilm), experts have suggested that this is probably the most important supplement to have in our treatment plan . Being that there are shelves stocked with hundreds of products, I learned that it is important to understand what each individual ingredient has to offer and what particular “job” or function it has in the body. In fact; anti-fungals alone cannot penetrate cell walls of the yeast however, they are extremely effective once the digestive enzymes have broken down the protective coating on the cell wall allowing the anti-fungals finish the job and destroy actual cells.

When purchasing probiotics and digestive enzymes, we need to take the extra time to be sure we are taking the appropriate enzymes / strains to ensure effective use. In regards to DIGESTIVE ENZYMES, the only effective enzymes proved to actually help kill and breakdown Candida Albicans are: CELLULASE (targets: fiber), HEMICELLULASE (targets: fiber), PROTEASES (targets: proteins), XYLANASES (targets: fiber). These specific enzymes work by breaking down and degrading the biofilm, reducing its ability to hide from the immune system and invade tissue. When you think about it, whats the use of taking all these other supplements if the actual cell wall is not broken down?? Perhaps that’s why some people take months and years to cure their particular Candida condition… they seem to be a vital component when working in conjunction with anti-fungals & probiotics.

The same goes for Probiotics… for instance, if you are dealing with vaginal Candida, you would achieve more success by purchasing a probiotic used specifically designed to rebuild that specific area and the same goes for intestinal, etc. It may be overwhelming to read every label but, it’s not only smart but, would be a big waste of money to use something not targeted for your specific need. Probiotic strains should also be refrigerated, “live” or raw and in the billions in order to really do a good job… As with every product including vitamins, it is also important to look for soy free, etc…

There is so much more to this and being that it took a “perfect storm” to get here, I hope to summarize and post as much information I can so the average person can deal with this as economically and quickly as possible. I am not an expert or physician but, I am just a girl trying figure it out too… hope this helps & wish you good health!

Mess at the beach~

1 user thanked author for this post.

LindaMR

Thanks surfside!
    I have Interfase plus, but that doesn’t include all of the enzymes you suggest. Maybe I have to try pure digestive enzymes to.

My main problem though, seems to be that I don’t know which antifungals to rotate with – the only one that has worked is turmeric. And I’ve tried a lot of different kinds. Next is black walnut. That’s why I asked if there is a link to antifungals on this forum.

Thanks again

surfside949

Hi again…

I hear ya & is so frustrating trying to figure this out. Not forgetting expensive! There is an enormous amount of information out there and is why I decided to unravel the mess… first, I researched & crossed referenced everything, compared success rates among ingredients and figured out safe, maximum doses for effectiveness. Most importantly, I have not experienced any of the horrific die off symptoms either, which I attribute to “MOLYBDENUM.” Based on documented research, I concluded this to be a key ingredient for cleansing the Liver and Kidneys when detoxing and have included reference links for you to review at the bottom of the page.

Evidentially, there up to 80 toxins that release into our bodies during the die off period, one of which is very dangerous known as, Acetaldehyde. This one toxin alone can induce long term havoc in our bodies ranging from brain damage, respiratory, immune system, and adrenal glands.

Questions?? Are you taking any DIGESTIVE ENZYMES? If so, please disregard my next thought however, if not, perhaps you need to incorporate them into your regiment because anti-fungals are useless unless they have the digestive enzymes working ahead of them. Lastly, I experienced some confusion in the beginning of all this and has to do with ALKALINE BODY VERSUS ACIDIC… In order to rid Candida out of the intestinal & colon, your body needs to be at an ACIDIC ph level.

Just for comparison sake, I included a list of what I have been using and so far, I have had good results… minor signs of symptom decreasing, no sickness and feel pretty good. Best of all, I have lost 8 lbs! I guess it’s probably smart to remember, we are all different and what might be working for me, may not for someone else… anyways, here it is:

************************************************************************************************************************************************

My personal regiment:
    *All the time:
    COCONUT OIL (wonders of health benefits for candida & beyond)
    CHELATED MOLYBDENUM (best detox cleansing for Candida, needs to be chelated)
    HERBAL VITAMIN BOOSTER (has lots of great stuff to include vitamins & herbal ingredients to include; Golden Seal, Echinacea which are also good fighters for Candida)
    RAW PROBIOTIC – 50 Billion live cultures targeted for my specific issue

ANTI-FUNGALS:
    (first 2 weeks)
    GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT (anti-fungal, tablet)
    CAPRLYIC ACID (anti-fungal & anti bacteria, capsule)

(week 3) eliminated & added:
    eliminated: CAPRLYIC ACID

maintaining:
    GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT until bottle is empty to continue receiving all it’s other benefits

added:
    WILD MEDITERRANEAN OIL OF OREGANO (anti-fungal, anti-bacterial – oil drops)
    PAU D’ARCO *herbal tea bags 1500mg (mild detox cleansing agent & used for many diseases, relieves symptoms for chemo patients & proven to help beat the Candida Albicans yeast).

Digestive Enzyme product: CANDIDASE (normally wouldn’t push my personal product choice but, this one has essential enzymes: Cellulose & Protease)

************************************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember, I am not an expert or Physician and I hope some of what I had to share will be helpful. However, I also found this link just in case you want to reach out for other options: Candida Expert Dr. Eric Bakker @ http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=1038

Please let me know how you are doing & best of luck!!!!!

Mess at the beach~

REFERENCES:
    Can Digestive Enzymes Assist In Controlling Candida:
    Body Ecology
    http://bodyecology.com/articles/can-digestive-enzymes-assist-in-controlling-candida-overgrowth#.U_LDCKNlDFo

One Enzyme That Destroys Candida:
    Body Ecology
    http://bodyecology.com/articles/one-enzyme-that-destroys-candida#.U_QxMvb74WU

Molybdenum:
    Author: Dr. Cooter
    http://www.mall-net.com/cooter/moly.html

MyYeastInfectionTreatment.org
    http://myyeastinfectiontreatment.org/candida-and-molybdenum-connection/

surfside949

Hey there…. again…

Re; acidity… I eat one really small tomato everyday and drink water with lemons squeezed in them. I have also enjoyed a tiny can of tomato juice now & then but, was careful not to drink one with any sugar or any bad stuff. You may try to Google acidic foods and cross reference with the diet list to find more. Also, I should mention this also because I was confused about this too as I was drinking Alkaline water that promoted a PH balance which, is a big no, no. Be sure to drink purified water or one with electrolytes but, no tap or alkaline.

Also, you probably got this but just in case and this is a biggie, no “anti-acids” either.

Take care!

Mess at the beach~

LindaMR

Thanks again surfside!

I will look more into digestive enzymes. Yes it’s expansive to try to figure all this out. I live in Sweden and I have ordered several times from USA now, can’t find everything here in s. It’s frustrating that one can’t get professional help with this disease/syndrome or whatever. I’m glad there are people like you here to share things with.

Linda

surfside949

Goodmorning~

My pleasure and again, I am just a girl trying to cope & figure this out too… I appreciate all I am learning from everyone and hope some of it helps you too!!

I found a couple other sites worth looking into and will attach below. I also read some controversial info re; the idea of anti-fugal rotation and the notion that is wasn’t necessary or true… well, I guess that’s just more of the information highway at it’s best and we will have to decide for ourselves & study up.

Also, this may be a huge help… I found this blog and it offered a ton of real life experience and advice regarding anti-fungal rotation and how Candida was cured. Similar to the information and experience gained on this forum, it sounds like a fabulous resource!

Have a great day!!!

Mess at the beach~

BLOG:
    “My Journey With Candida” *check it out… 1508 members
    http://www.myjourneywithcandida.com/2010/07/herbs-and-supplements-that-help-rid.html

“Treating Candida With Grapefruit Extract”
    Author: Alan Sachs
    Positive Health On-Line
    Learn more:
    http://www.positivehealth.com/article/colon-health/treating-candida-with-grapefruit-seed-extract

How Does Caprylic Acid Kill Yeast
    Author: Lisa Thomson
    Living Strong
    Learn more:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/29683-caprylic-acid-kill-yeast/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Antifungal stopped working after six days. Raster?’ is closed to new replies.