Antifungal Question – foodgrade vs pill form

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Antifungal Question – foodgrade vs pill form

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I tried asking this on the long antifungal dosage thread started by Able, but didn’t get any responses, so here I go again:

I currently consume at least two tablespoons of virgin coconut oil per day between cooking and eating it off the spoon, quite often three or more. I also eat between two and six (ish?) cloves of garlic per day, a mix of raw and cooked. If I were to consume a serving or two of rutabaga and/or brussels sprouts every day (I pretty much have been for the past week), in addition to the VCO and garlic, would that count as three antifungals, or do I need to buy antifungals in pill form? I cook a lot and I love all these strong antifungal food items, so it wouldn’t be a chore to consume them regularly (at least during the current season, when they’re readily available). If it is okay, would they need to be rotated with anything else? I’ve read that garlic and VCO don’t need to be rotated, but I haven’t read anything about the vegetable antifungals.

If it makes any difference, I don’t think I have a particularly severe case of candidiasis, at least compared to a lot of the symptom lists I’ve seen other forum members present.

Any help would be appreciated!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

shayfo;32997 wrote: If I were to consume a serving or two of rutabaga and/or brussels sprouts every day (I pretty much have been for the past week), in addition to the VCO and garlic, would that count as three antifungals, or do I need to buy antifungals in pill form?

Sorry I didn’t see this in the antifungal thread, Shay.
    I wish everyone was able to do as you’re doing. Whole food antifungals are a lot stronger and better for you than a pill or tincture. So the answer is no, you don’t need to go out and purchase a bunch of pills as long as you’re eating these foods everyday.

Able

shayfo

This is great news! I’m already buying these foods, so I’m really pleased to know that I’m on track and that I don’t need to spend additional money on pills (other than molybdenum, spirulina, probiotics, and vitamins, naturally).

Thanks!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

This is what I did and I got way better. I didn’t do antifungals in pill forms. I am 90% symptom free, few minor symptoms and occasional mild die-off if overdoing antifungal foods, and I did not rush with my treatment (I preferred to do it slowly to avoid die-off) but still am so much better. I could live a great happy life even if I stay like this for the rest of my life, but I do still get better, just slowly since I went to the stage two and reintroduced some foods (had complications with auto immune disease that prevented me to stay on the strict diet). If you are able to stick to the strict diet longer and do antifungal foods and do probiotics + prebiotics to rebuild the flora, you should be able to do it faster than me 🙂

I wanted to respond and tell you I did the same, but also wanted to bump this post so others can see it. I think it’s useful information, especially for those struggling on the budget. Better use your money for good quality probiotic and organics than antifungals IMO.

Good luck with your treatment shayfo!

Arijana

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

This is exactly what I wanted to hear! I would much rather eat antifungal and probiotic foods rather than a supplement. Thanks!!

shayfo

Thanks, Arijana 🙂 I’m still eating the antifungal foods and sticking to the forum’s strict diet, and have successfully reintroduced a few non-veggie items (coconut milk, coconut flour, flaxmeal, and hoping to try oat bran tomorrow!), which is good for variety. I’m also addicted to my coconut kefir…it’s the only thing I crave now, oddly enough! Overall, I feel much, much better so far (this is the first day of my 7th week), although my skin and digestion are still making small steps (to be expected). Fortunately, I really like vegetables, and I really like cooking, and I enjoy the challenge of making new things and new versions of things (I’ve had to do this a lot, being a vegan with a gluten allergy). Plus, I only work part-time and I don’t have a family to eat with (my roommate is quite self-sufficient). It makes all of this a whole lot easier than I imagine it would be otherwise.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Also, to Shell, just for clarification, I am still taking a 50 billion count commercial probiotic twice a day, but I’m also drinking a good amount of homemade kefir (increasing gradually, maybe 12-16 oz most days) and I eat around 3/4 – 1 cup of homemade sauerkraut or kim chi every day.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I’m the same Shayfo, but without the vegan part. I love to cook and the challenge of making something with only approved items. I keep exploring new recipes, I’m online looking up this or that all the time. Also, I am on a constant search for new food that are candida safe so I can introduce them and hope to have more variety. Right now I am on a quest to find as many recipes that my girls like so that I don’t have to cook two different meals or change theirs so they like it. Oddly enough, few weird recipes such as roasted radish with radish leaves, they just loved. Some other recipes I was sure they will love, they made faces at. Kids, who knows what’s in their head haha

Arijana

shayfo

I love radishes, but I’m impressed that you got children to eat them!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Antifungal Question – foodgrade vs pill form’ is closed to new replies.