Antifungal activity of ibuprofen alone and in combination with fluconazole against Candida species.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Research Antifungal activity of ibuprofen alone and in combination with fluconazole against Candida species.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mykoza 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mykoza
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 32

Here is a study about how taking Ibuprophen along with Diflucan kills fluconazole-resistant Candida strains.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10966233

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

I’ve seen that study. Too bad ibuprofen has some bad side effects of its own . I have used ibuprofen in the past every now and then to do a good job at inhibiting candida. Candida does seem to develop some long-term resistance with Ibuprofen.

Mykoza
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 32

That’s so unfortunate. Seems like Candida is able to become resistant to almost every commercial drug. I’ve been taking Diflucan + Ibupr. irregularly, but I haven’t noticed any difference from taking Diflucan alone. I am probably resistant to it already anyway because it doesn’t work as it used to…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Antifungal activity of ibuprofen alone and in combination with fluconazole against Candida species.’ is closed to new replies.