Antibiotics & Steroid Cream

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Antibiotics & Steroid Cream

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  benc 7 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

During my die off my eczema on my hands has become so bad I can’t pick things up without my skin breaking and bleeding. My doc suggested I needed to go back on the steroid cream & also thinks I need a course of oral antibiotics, as he is worried there may be a bacterial infection.

I’ve been on the diet for nearly 3 weeks now, which is actually not too far away from how I was eating anyway (minus the fruit, nuts & post workout carbs, which were often 40g maltodextrin & 40g whey 4-5 x per week).

I am seeing a herbalist who told me to stop taking Now Candida Clear & switch to the herbal infusion that will ease the die off, which I started today. She has made some suggestions but also said that I might have to take them if it gets any worse.

I’m concerned that if I ignore the doc the eczema or bacteria will spread even further (its gone onto my feet & a bit on my stomach), but since i’ve been doing this I notice the constant dizzi spells that were ruining my life for 15months have gone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

benc

Any advice on how long skin flare up lasted for others would be much appreciated?

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

benc wrote: During my die off my eczema on my hands has become so bad I can’t pick things up without my skin breaking and bleeding. My doc suggested I needed to go back on the steroid cream & also thinks I need a course of oral antibiotics, as he is worried there may be a bacterial infection.

I’ve been on the diet for nearly 3 weeks now, which is actually not too far away from how I was eating anyway (minus the fruit, nuts & post workout carbs, which were often 40g maltodextrin & 40g whey 4-5 x per week).

I am seeing a herbalist who told me to stop taking Now Candida Clear & switch to the herbal infusion that will ease the die off, which I started today. She has made some suggestions but also said that I might have to take them if it gets any worse.

I’m concerned that if I ignore the doc the eczema or bacteria will spread even further (its gone onto my feet & a bit on my stomach), but since i’ve been doing this I notice the constant dizzi spells that were ruining my life for 15months have gone.

Just to be clear you are not eating “minus the fruit, nuts & post workout carbs, which were often 40g maltodextrin & 40g whey 4-5 x per week”? It can take up to 6 months before you see results depending on how bad the overgrowth is. Have you been testing for food allergies? Eczema is a very common by product of allergies. What kind of Eczema do you have? Eating the two of the biggest allergens Cow & Gluten are closely tied to Eczema. Are you familiar with “The Protocol” on this forum? what probiotics are you taking? is the only anti fungal that your taking “Now Candida Clear” if so you need to add in Virgin Coconut Oil. VCO could help your eczema as some doctors not think that Eczema is a result of a fungal overgrowth. Personally I would not take more antibiotics unless there is a culture proving that it is required or if it is a medical emergency. I have Seborrheic Dermatitis and I did the diet for 9 months with no major improvements and now I have started again two and a half months in, I have more noticeable changes because of the diet. You must follow it properly and cheating on the diet is only cheating yourself, in time you when you are feeling better you can think about adding foods back into your diet. The most important thing with inflammatory skin diseases is keeping inflammation down and probiotics whether it is from homemade kefir, commercial probiotics, greek yoghurt, raw sauerkraut, and eating prebiotic rich foods garlic, onions, leeks, artichoke hearts and fibres like Inulin, Acacia Fibre, and Flax Seeds.

Read this all carefully and take notes if you must.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12975_ANTIFUNGALS-Correct-Doses.aspx#post12975

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Probiotics-Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

benc

blakek89 wrote:

During my die off my eczema on my hands has become so bad I can’t pick things up without my skin breaking and bleeding. My doc suggested I needed to go back on the steroid cream & also thinks I need a course of oral antibiotics, as he is worried there may be a bacterial infection.

Just to be clear you are not eating “minus the fruit, nuts & post workout carbs, which were often 40g maltodextrin & 40g whey 4-5 x per week”? It can take up to 6 months before you see results depending on how bad the overgrowth is. Have you been testing for food allergies? Eczema is a very common by product of allergies. What kind of Eczema do you have? Eating the two of the biggest allergens Cow & Gluten are closely tied to Eczema. Are you familiar with “The Protocol” on this forum? what probiotics are you taking? is the only anti fungal that your taking “Now Candida Clear” if so you need to add in Virgin Coconut Oil. VCO could help your eczema as some doctors not think that Eczema is a result of a fungal overgrowth. Personally I would not take more antibiotics unless there is a culture proving that it is required or if it is a medical emergency. I have Seborrheic Dermatitis and I did the diet for 9 months with no major improvements and now I have started again two and a half months in, I have more noticeable changes because of the diet. You must follow it properly and cheating on the diet is only cheating yourself, in time you when you are feeling better you can think about adding foods back into your diet. The most important thing with inflammatory skin diseases is keeping inflammation down and probiotics whether it is from homemade kefir, commercial probiotics, greek yoghurt, raw sauerkraut, and eating prebiotic rich foods garlic, onions, leeks, artichoke hearts and fibres like Inulin, Acacia Fibre, and Flax Seeds.

Read this all carefully and take notes if you must.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12975_ANTIFUNGALS-Correct-Doses.aspx#post12975

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Probiotics-Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

Thanks for the reply.

No i’ve cut all suagr out now.
    I eat only organic meat, eggs, veg, nuts, seeds, olives, avocado & post workout organic pea protein isolates with chlorella, spirulina, wheatgrass, barleygrass, chicory coffee (& sometimes flaxseeds).
    I take a probiotic from a company in the uk called myprotein & have been for over 6 months. I also take multi vit, vit d3, vit c, b complex, zinc, magnesium, CoQ10, & sometime 5htp & Wobenzym. I use branch chain amino acids & also take glutamine (the latter mainly for my stomach)
    I had been using coconut oil for sometime now. I’ve increased my garlic consumption.

I’ve genrally eaten a paleo diet for 3 years, with a cheat meal once per week. But I used to chew gum, with aspartame in it everyday, plus i’ve had a fair amount of antibiotics for ear trouble & chest infections (when I was younger). If I had known what I know now, I would have asked the question “what else is there?”

I’m having a FACT test & blood profile for Candida on fri, because the test the docs did only showed up my kidney profile wasn’t optimal. The doc suggested I was dehydrated, which was the same the last time they tested. The NHS in the uk doesn’t recognise candida or leaky gut, so whilst my doctor is a bit better than other in the practise he can’t test me that.

I can accept having die off because I’m getting much less drunk sensations, although i’ve had some days where I felt so horrendous, like I had been drugged. But because I work in a gym I worry that I will pick up infections from open weeping skin which pretty much covers the whole of one palm. I had an epsom salt bath, which helped a bit. I was going to try the same with apple cider vinegar tonight also. I had used the sauna, but its a bit of a double edge sword when you have eczema as you are told to keep it clean & dry.

benc

I also take rhodiola in the morning & a ginseng tea to get me going, since i’ve quite caffeine.

blakek89

You seem to be on the right track. I would ditch the protein shake for a while and consider reducing working out unless it is very light, your body is going through enough trouble detoxing and does not need the extra strain. I would also drop eating nuts and seeds for a while. Until your symptoms start to subside you shouldn’t eat anything that could delay or set back your recovery. What Anti-Fungals are you taking and what dosage?

benc

1st week I took just pau d arco tea (2-3 bags per day)
    2nd week I started taking Candida Clear 2 caps twice per day (this is when my die off intensified) & still drinking the tea
    Now, i’m taking a herbal mix from the herbalist I am seeing (Other than Goldenseal I forgot what was in it, will find out tommorow), also still on the tea but cut it out today.

Many thanks for your advice.

blakek89

benc wrote: 1st week I took just pau d arco tea (2-3 bags per day)
    2nd week I started taking Candida Clear 2 caps twice per day (this is when my die off intensified) & still drinking the tea
    Now, i’m taking a herbal mix from the herbalist I am seeing (Other than Goldenseal I forgot what was in it, will find out tommorow), also still on the tea but cut it out today.

Many thanks for your advice.

Excellent sources of anti fungals are virgin coconut oil, whole garlic crushed, oregano oil, grapefruit seed extract, caprylic acid capsules/oil, the vegetable rutabaga, and thyme oil. Digestive bitters that are alcohol free will speed up your intestinal repair and will help you reach a cure faster. Eating whole food anti fungals will not need to be rotated but the supplements if you choose to take them will be and at 2 week intervals.

benc

I’ve been cooking & snacking (for energy) on Coconut Oil for a while now, I also cook with lots of Garlic. I will take you advice 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Antibiotics & Steroid Cream’ is closed to new replies.