Anti-fungal essential oils to treat prostatitis caused by candidiasis?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Anti-fungal essential oils to treat prostatitis caused by candidiasis?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sonic Boom 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

The prostate region seems to be a preferred hangout spot of my infestation. I have at least a mild case of chronic prostatitis, and similar symptoms, which suggest fungal issues. I was placed on topical Lamasil for 3-4 weeks a few months ago (before I learned about candidiasis) for an unexplained fungal rash on the scrotum. I believe this cleared the rash, and possibly other symptoms. I also read a thread on this forum where Lamasil, in combination with Itraconazole (whatever that is), was used to cure chronic prostatitis.

The symptoms have returned, but Lamasil seems to have some nasty side effects when used long term, so I am hesitant to ask my doctor to try it again. I was looking into topical essential oils as a natural substitute.

In particular, doTERRA seems to supply some anti-fungals with no major side effects. Does anyone have any advice for using any doTERRA essential oils? Does it seem like the anti-fungals would be a suitable replacement for Lamasil and/or Itraconazole?

Additionally, I was wondering if folks use any particular soap with this protocol. I accidentally stumbled upon something called coconut oil soap. Is this good for eliminating fungus from the skin?

Sonic Boom

Guess I can’t really say “mild” prostatitis, but I only have some of the possible symptoms (I was diagnosed with it though).

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I had prostatitis almost 5 years ago. My doctor at the time ended up prescribing me 4 different anti-biotics over the coarse of a few months. The long coarse of anti-biotics ended up causing my Candida overgrowth/Allergies/dandruff/etc.

Im the end, the anti-biotics NEVER cured my prostatitus!!!
    My prosatitus ended up curing itself eventually (had it for about a year total).

Also, I use “candida freedom” soap everyday. This soap is absolutely amazing. Reduced my dandruff by 90% and also reduced my facial rash (Fungal) by 95%. This soap IS ridiculously expensive (about 12$ USD for one bar) but it is also EXTREMELY effective for fungal related skin conditions.

Sonic Boom

Thank you for the reply. I bought a slightly less expensive soap which looks promising:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=90175&catid=184086&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler&device=c&network=g&matchtype=

I will check out the probiotic soap when I start attacking the prostitis/rash with a topical anti-fungal drug or oil, to reintroduce flora into the skin. (I have no idea if that makes any medical sense!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anti-fungal essential oils to treat prostatitis caused by candidiasis?’ is closed to new replies.