another tongue question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions another tongue question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  freedaji 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

My tongue continues to stay white in the back, sometimes coming in to the front – but always now just a thin coating. For you guys who are healed – what does your tongue look like most days? Is it completely pink all over all the time? do you remember how it healed? (ie., did the back clear and then you realized candida was gone, or some other way). I’m constantly looking in the mirror at my tongue. Sometimes it’s coated, sometimes the coat is wet, so it looks all pink, but then I close my mouth and swish my tongue around again, and see the coat again.

thanks,

-MGL

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I’m having the same problem 🙁 I’m pretty much symptom free, except for my tongue (and my digestion is still on the mend, but that’s candida-aftermath related, not directly candida at this point, I don’t think). I tried oil pulling for awhile, but it didn’t really seem to make a difference. It would go away, then come back again in a few hours 🙁

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

thinking it might be its not Candida related.

Especially back part of tongue is “hilly” and its normal that food would apply to it easier. I am thinking that it might be because our diet now is not containing any apples, or some other hard-formed (at least here, its mostly cooked vegetables) food such as wheat bread which normally cleans it up during chewing and swallowing. That could explain this state imho:

It would go away, then come back again in a few hours 🙁

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I eat a fair amount of buckwheat and that sort of thing, though, salads with crunchy things like radishes…besides, I don’t think “normal” people get white tongues at all? I’m not sure though.

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

A coating on the tongue can also be a symptom of liver congestion, among other things. Chinese medicine has a whole diagnostic set for the tongue that might be worth looking into. Usually it’s the liver–which makes sense at the tail end of a candida diet.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Interestingly my tongue is beautifully pink, which I don’t understand because I feel like crap.

freedaji
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 19

Ok, this is an old post, but, I just wanted to say what I have heard from my acupuncturist friend that a healthy tongue has a thin white coating, not a thick one nor a red one without any coating (which supposedly signifies too much heat). Also, you shouldn’t be checking it right after a meal because all sorts of foods change it. However, thrush is more of a spotted or blotchy looking tongue with some spots maybe looking pink and slimy and others more white and thick, etc… In chinese medicine, the tongue is a huge indicator of so many things, it’s quite a science and takes a lot of practice to diagnose.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘another tongue question’ is closed to new replies.