Another enzyme queation

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Another enzyme queation

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I’m gonna stop taking bitters for awhile the diuretic effect is making me urinate 20 times a day again. I don’t react well with them. My digestion sucks and I need to get better. The prescription strength crap I got made my stool tan and float so no good. What do you guys recommend for an enzyme? I also take hcl after my meals. Also how many can I take per meal. Most over the counters are not strong enough so taking multiple pills per bit meal might help.? Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend pro-gest digestive enzymes and they contain HCL and ox bile which are important for digestion. It also has a few other ingredients which are important.

-raster

moochpb

I have pro gest, how many can I take? Before, during or after?

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

According to my research something like this will prevent the whole pancreas feedback/shutdown problem.
    They simply lack protease. I would recommend HCl (according to your bodys needs) to be taken with it to help with the digestion of proteins.

http://www.enzymeformulations.com/store/natural-enzymes/505/natural-enzymes-for-antacid-users.aspx

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

mooch, I think this is another great enzyme when I don’t eat too much or have protein and don’t need the hcl at the time. Plus, it contains great herbs like slippery elm, dgl, and marshmallow root. Good for leaky gut, like in my case.

http://www.integrativeinc.com/Products/Products-by-Health-Concern/Digestion-and-Gastrointestinal/Gastrointestinal-Lining-and-Permeability/136007-Gastric-Complex-With-Gamma-Oryzanol-and-DGL.aspx

moochpb

I just ordered the integrative enzymes for sensitive stomachs. So the Protease could upset my stomach? I will take my enzymes with ox bile and hcl in them when eating a big meal and the integrative enzymes when not. Or can I use both when I have big meals consisting of protein and veggies? Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There are many enzyme products out there. There even is a mineral enzyme product called super silica. Enzymes are also found in certain probiotics such as the garden of life probiotics (just tried this one and it was great).

-raster

kjones02
    Participant

well, the doctor wants me to take some bitters and enzymes. I haven’t tried this one yet, but just got it today that has some protease in it; I’ll take it at bigger meals. However, I don’t see the harm in using both. Like I said, probably just depends on the meal, and how much you need. I just know I like the sensitive one for light meals or mainly veggie meals or snacks.

moochpb

good point. The bitters are too much of a diuretic for me. After two weeks I feel so weak and I urinate all damn day. I switched back to enzymes yesterday and still a ton of undigested veggie matter in my stool. I don’t understand if this will ever go away. But I ordered the one you posted. I also have one with hcl, ox bile and protease for my bigger meals. I m just gonna keep using a combination but I feel like its a crutch

kjones02
    Participant

I still bounce back and forth, I am fine digesting one day and not another. Good luck mooch! I am ready for my consult with the doc again next week. I know I am just starting out with his advice. He still has to look at pH readings, etc. that I have been recording to understand my body more.

moochpb

good luck to you too. I hate the mild reflux which is probably leaky gut or the sibo. good luck to you. I should ask about ph testing

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Mooch, unfortunately a lot of bitters are diuretics. Your best bet is Hcl caps, pancreatin, ox bile, or enzymes. I know someone from curezone that got great results with dews bile salts. He said it helped his SIBO as well.

The problem with diuretics is they can cause loss of minerals so it can cause some lethargy. I’ve experienced that as well.

moochpb

yeah I know, its sucks. They made me so lethargic after a few weeks and so spaced out

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Another enzyme queation’ is closed to new replies.