another argument with a Dr.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions another argument with a Dr.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Well I see two dr.s and its about to be only one. I had a second visit with the Dr. First off my stool test comes back next week so I can’t wait to see where I stand. The Dr says she doesn’t believe I have a yeast issue even with my other stool test. My chronic sinus infections, tired, anxiety, depression, leg aches, coated tongue, leaky gut, reflux and digestion issues. She told me its just inflammation in my whole body and my lifestyle caught up to me. Meaning being in the Marines and working out as much as I do. She then told me to quit Jiu Jitsu and take up swimming or yoga. She is out of her mind, I understand I have to take it easy and I have been if I don’t feel up to it. My fighting and Jiu Jitsu has saved me from alcoholism and drug abuse with my PTSD. Its like telling someone that loves something and lives for it. Awful feeling that she told me that. I then asked her why I had die off at first with antifungals four months ago and had some die off after I cheated with sugar on easter which I m still experiencing. She had no answer and just said it could be the regular candida dying and not an excess.? What? Then I asked why did my tongue get coated after I ate sugar and stuff on Easter, again no real answer. Then I said what about Augmentum which gives people candida which I have been on 7 times just last year and 5 times the year before. So she gave me some stuff for inflammation for my body and said my stool test will for sure be clean of everything. Again here we go with me feeling nutso, just confusing about what she was telling me. She said to buckwheat and coconut bread should be switched with real food whatever the hell that means. She said eat nutbutters and those things bloat me even worse. She also said my training and anxiety gave me all this inflammation, I just don’t understand everything. I cannot wait to see these results next week. She also said eat a different food everyday. I eat coconut bread and buckwheat everyday because I feel like I need calories and some good carbs. She doesn’t know why I m starving all the time and having intense cravings for sugar and carbs. And I mean intense cravings that gets me angry. Any advice or does this sound normal? Can she be right that I m just imflamed even after taking so many antibiotics. Its my research vs hers pretty much as of now. Thanks ya’ll. Just another frustrated day

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My advice is to go see a different type of doctor that practices different medicine. There is western medicine and then there is naturopathic medicine. One type of medicine is disease management while the other actually cures people.

-raster

moochpb

My experience was with two bad naturapaths but I need to find one like youra

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Mooch,

You might have a better chance of winning the lottery then finding an MD in the midwest who can treat your Candida. It sounds to me like she’s a complete idiot and just because she has Dr. in her tile you are giving her words weight. What she said was just plain ignorant.

I was reviewing the results of my stool test yesterday, I was under the care of whom I thought was a really good naturopathic doctor at the time. My test was done at Diagnos-Techs, Inc, it’s titled “Regular GI Panel”. For Stool Cu. Fungi, Isol & I.D. I had +1 Candida species, I’m guessing this is a normal amount given that this ND didn’t even mention it to me when we went over the test. (keep in mind she wasn’t treating me for Candida just trying to diagnose me). It even says on the test NOTE: Many clinics will treat +1 growth of fungi to avoid future complications. Now the thing I find interesting abou this test was that my Alpha Anti-Chymotrypsin was at 796 the normal range is <60. So it proved I had leaky gut pretty bad and a little Candida. However, this doctor chose to ignore the Candida and focus on the leaky gut, I never got better under her care and moved on to another doctor.

So my point is that it’s likely that your stool test will come back negative, or even with a small amount, and I’ll bet this doctor will find a way to tell you it’s negative. I hope I’m wrong, for the sake of your healing.

I think most people put too much faith in doctors. Yes, they can be very helpful in an emergency situation. However, most can not help you with Candida. Just use them for your testing and take what they say with a grain of salt. I’m curious was this the same doctor who prescribed a weekly “cheat meal”?

moochpb

Yeah I think I’m out of luck with her. The dr hat gave me the stool test gave me the nystatin two weeks ago. She believes me so idk why I went back to this other dr for a follow up. It isn’t the same dr that said have a cheat meal once a week. I’ll be really dissapointed with my test results If they come back negative. I did Geneva metometrix I heard they are good but who knows anymore. I’m still haven’t felt right since Easter eating all the food and I think it’s because I’m on a good amount of nystatin. She had no answer for why I was feeling drunk, tired and loopy other then sayin it’s adrenal fatigue and leaky gut. How is coconut bread and buckwheat not real food. I just pray my results tell me where I’m at next Wednesday. I should play the lotto and if I win I’m Sure a dr would then do research. It’s like we’re paddling up a creek with no paddle

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

Is this a naturopath or a medical doctor? All I can say is you are lucky to even be able to find someone that understands things such as adrenal fatiuge/leaky gut/candida. I go to a naturopath that treats my adrenals and thyroid but is useless for candida.

Coconut Bread and Buckwheat arent real food? So what is her definition of real food? Pizza, Ice Cream, Bread? You have to be careful, some naturopaths just want to get you on 50 supplements and dont know much about diet. I once had a doctor tell me that I needed to start drinking Ensure to put on weight. This is after I had explained that I had candida and had to follow a really strict diet. I guess they didnt understand how processed sugars/milk/whey protein isnt the best food for someone with a yeast problem.

moochpb

She is an md but said she specializes in yeast issues also. She said to eat more rice and sweet potatoes. She said rotate foods every four days. I don’t have enough food choices to do that. She said eat nut bitters and I cannot digest them at all. She just pissed me off pretty well. So a white tongue is normal? I don’t get it. Bloating and mucus is just inflammation? There is a reason for that

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

moochpb;40724 wrote: She is an md but said she specializes in yeast issues also. She said to eat more rice and sweet potatoes. She said rotate foods every four days. I don’t have enough food choices to do that. She said eat nut bitters and I cannot digest them at all. She just pissed me off pretty well. So a white tongue is normal? I don’t get it. Bloating and mucus is just inflammation? There is a reason for that

You don’t want to hear my advice, Mooch, but I’ll give it anyway; stop seeing these damn so-called doctors before one of them kills you.

moochpb

I know man. I’m sticking with the one that gave me nystatin and molydernum chelate. That dr I seem was a follow up and I didn’t even wanna go, idk y I did. Next wed my results come in with the good dr

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

moochpb;40726 wrote: I know man. I’m sticking with the one that gave me nystatin and molydernum chelate. That dr I seem was a follow up and I didn’t even wanna go, idk y I did. Next wed my results come in with the good dr

Some people probably think I was being ridiculous with that statement, but it’s estimated that at least 120,000 deaths are directly caused by physicians in the USA every year. To put that into perspective, that’s more than the number of deaths caused by vehicle accidents.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Yeah, after 5 shitty doctors, I’m pretty much done with them, unless I need some kind of surgery that I can’t perform on myself :p

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Yeah, after 5 shitty doctors, I’m pretty much done with them, unless I need some kind of surgery that I can’t perform on myself :p

Come on now, Alex, you sound pretty talented, I’m sure there’s no surgery you can’t preform on yourself.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

mrs.candida;40760 wrote:

Come on now, Alex, you sound pretty talented, I’m sure there’s no surgery you can’t preform on yourself.

I guess even if I had to perform surgery on my own hands, I could just hold the scalpel with my teeth or something. I’m pretty crafty.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘another argument with a Dr.’ is closed to new replies.