Animal Protein

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Animal Protein

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

I was just wondering how important it is to minimize animal protein intake because I’ve been finding it hard to not feel like I’m starving myself unless I have some once a day. For the most part I have all natural chicken or whole foods solid white albacore (canned just in water/salt) and I’m trying to have one one day, one the next, but sometimes I have antibiotics free turkey from my work or fresh cut salmon. In a random post I saw that Raster was eating chicken every day at some point so I figured I could do the same with my protein situation. Will my current setup feed the infestation or just slow it from going away? I’m going to try to cut down a bit but it’s tough when I get so hungry and being on the line of vegetarianism feels so unnatural. Also, are my protein sources all “safe”?

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

I would be interested to hear how much protein is allowed on the diet too. I eat chicken everyday, I’m not sure whether this is too much though, but I find it helps keep the weight on.

I think your sources of protein are good as the allowed food list suggests to keep all red meat out which you are doing… not sure what white albacore is?

You can have other forms of fish such as sardines. And don’t forget that eggs are allowed on the diet too.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

There’s no set protein amount for the diet, and even if we tried to do that, the amounts would be different depending on our age, size and degree of activity.

The reason we suggest that meat/chicken protein is eaten sparingly is because of the ammonia that is released when the protein is broken down in the body. Ammonia is also released by the Candida as one of their toxins. Additional ammonia release is not only going to be beneficial for the Candida community in the body but it will also add to the workload that both the liver and kidneys are trying to handle during the infestation. Most of us used or are using eggs as our main protein source throughout the diet.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yes, I do eat meat every single day with dinner. I wouldn’t eat more than one serving per day myself.

Able mentions that one of the concerns is ammonia production (aka lots of gas), so if you get a lot of ammonia production, then you should consider limiting how much you eat. However, I have not noticed any extra ammonia production, only when I eat meats with antibiotics in them. I notice ammonia after eating other forms of protein, so I take a supplement called zypan.

I haven’t had beef or pork for quite sometime, but when I started my “fail candida diet” I ate pork. I noticed a lot of gas afterwards. Also, in the past, I noticed a lot of gas from eating beef in general (before the diet).

-raster

CT

That’s useful to know, I didn’t realise the symptom of ammonia was excess gas. I suffer alot with ‘leaky gas’ in general so it is probably a good idea to monitor my protein intake a bit more.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

CT wrote: That’s useful to know, I didn’t realise the symptom of ammonia was excess gas. I suffer alot with ‘leaky gas’ in general so it is probably a good idea to monitor my protein intake a bit more.

There are other causes of gas though. Certain “bad bacteria” produce gases as they feed on certain types of carbs. This could mean certain kinds of fibre in your vegetables and not just junky sugars and starches. Air swallowing is another common reason. If you suffer from anxiety or have a habit of breathing through your mouth (maybe while you sleep), you might wanna look into that too.

I eat fish regularly and meat once or twice a week. Eggs contain a ridiculous amount of arachidonic acid, and inflammation is something I’m trying to reduce, so I wouldn’t want to eat the amounts some people do. I stick to between 1-3 a day.

raster
    Participant

Javizy is right on this; it could be parasites that are causing gas. If you take a supplement called zypan, this can completely reduce or eliminate gas symptoms.

I used to have bad gas after protein and it has done wonders for me.

-raster

CT

Thank you for the tips Javizy and Raster.

They may help, but I think that the candida diet is going to be the only thing in general that will help me with the gas in the long term. By ‘leaky gas’ I meant that it leaks out without my control, and I constantly have a fecal smell throughout the day (although I cannot smell it myself). I have done some general research into it and research is yet to investigate the causes of this problem, but there is a charity doing small informal studies into the problem and their initial results suggest that candida may play a part(http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitosis.com/).

Although there may be more to the problem as it does not explain why the majority of candida sufferers do not experience this problem as I have yet to see a person post on this forum with similar symptoms.

raster
    Participant

That is really odd CT…never heard of this leaky gas problem. I definitely would recommend zypan then to see if you have improvement.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Does chicken also release ammonia? I now eat chicken only once per week and I thought I notice some gas and my intestine is little noisy (which I didn’t have much since starting the diet) and next day I feel a little worse than usual. Maybe coincidence, but reading stuff on this thread made me thinking…

Arijana

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

raster wrote: Javizy is right on this; it could be parasites that are causing gas. If you take a supplement called zypan, this can completely reduce or eliminate gas symptoms.

I used to have bad gas after protein and it has done wonders for me.

-raster

raster, could link me to the brand that you use for zypan? All the ones I’m finding online are saying that they contain lactose…
    Thanks!
    -wnh

raster
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry about the less than a gram of lactose per vitamin, especially if it helps with a larger problem:

http://www.standardprocess.com/display/StandardProcessCatalog.spi?ID=164

I mean there is sugar in all of the vegetables we eat!

All meats cause ammonia production. Some meats cause more production than others, but beef and pork cause the most production. As far as what to notice when this happens, you will notice gas production (aka farting).

-raster

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

ah ok, the standard process one is the one I found online. If that’s the one you use with such good results I will give it a go.. thanks!

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

Does eating fish produce ammonia? Should you limit fish the sane way you limit chicken?

Chilli
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 28

WilliamHolst wrote: Does eating fish produce ammonia? Should you limit fish the sane way you limit chicken?

I was wondering this too. I bought canned red salmon, which says it is ‘wild salmon’ so I have assumed this is ok. No additives. Planning to have this with my veges for dinner tonight!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Animal Protein’ is closed to new replies.