Animal Meat, Die-off

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Animal Meat, Die-off

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I know a lot of members in the past and probably even now have had doubts about how animal protein can benefit the Candida more than it benefits you; so with that thought in mind, with the member’s permission I’m posting a statement made to me in a private message written by ThomasJoel2 about what occurred when he stopped eating animal protein in the form of chicken and meats.

Quote: “I’ve been on some form or another of the candida diet for 4 months now and have improved a lot and
    just recently quit eating animal meat which produced some of the worst die-off I’ve been through.”

Let it be noted that Thomas was eating approximately 700 grams of mostly inorganic meat and chicken every day. This should be proof enough that Candida albicans are able to benefit (and survive) from the hormones, antibiotics and the ammonia released during the breakdown of animal proteins.

Able

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

There are several of us that are vegetarian or vegan on the diet. It is definitely possible to do this diet without any meat or animal protein. You can get protein from other sources like buckwheat and there are also many veggies with protein.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I personally have not eaten meat in over 12 years, and I have been getting plenty of protein. I also haven’t eaten any eggs during the six and a half weeks I’ve been on the diet (or any for quite a while before that). It’s definitely do-able, though it takes some intentionality to diversify your food intake.

HeatherLmt
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 12

So does this mean that you must eat organic meat then? Because they don’t use the antibiotics and chemicals thats normally found in meats in the grocery stores. I was a vegetarian for 7 yrs then got preganat and craved meat and now I eat it. Back then I also ate carbs too. I can’t imagine being a vegetarian on this diet with no carbs from breads. What do you guys eat then ?

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Heather,

Organic chicken and fresh wild caught fish are acceptable. People will tell you that you shouldn’t have it more then once a week. I have it 3-4 times a week. However, veggies should be your main food source.

alexinlondon
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 21

Able – thanks for this, meat is one of my problems still, I’ve got it down to organic at least, but still with chicken or fish every day and beef 1/2 per week, but I’m going to work on reducing that 🙂

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

HeatherLmt;34960 wrote: So does this mean that you must eat organic meat then? Because they don’t use the antibiotics and chemicals thats normally found in meats in the grocery stores. I was a vegetarian for 7 yrs then got preganat and craved meat and now I eat it. Back then I also ate carbs too. I can’t imagine being a vegetarian on this diet with no carbs from breads. What do you guys eat then ?

I eat eggs, maybe 6-10 a week. I feel a little better when I eat them to a point, then I feel worse, so I have to be careful. I react to anything and everything because my leaky gut is super sucky.

Otherwise, I eat a lot of veggies (which should be the basis for everyone’s diet doing this), hot cereals for breakfast, buckwheat or coconut bread for snacks, kefir.

samuel50
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 26

Meats such as lean beef, lamb, lean pork, veal, wild game (deer, duck, rabbit, etc.) are allowed on the candida diet. Meats are a great source of protein and beef in particular has curative factors of selenium and amino acids. Choose natural or organic meat products as many of the commercially available meat brands are from animals given steroids and antibiotics. Chicken and turkey are staples in my candida kitchen.

sushified
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 31

samuel50;35265 wrote: Meats such as lean beef, lamb, lean pork, veal, wild game (deer, duck, rabbit, etc.) are allowed on the candida diet. Meats are a great source of protein and beef in particular has curative factors of selenium and amino acids. Choose natural or organic meat products as many of the commercially available meat brands are from animals given steroids and antibiotics. Chicken and turkey are staples in my candida kitchen.

Exactly.

I eat lean organic chicken, grass-fed organic beef. Some days I alternate with just veggies and it’s really all the same. First week of diet I only did veggies, however. All about listening to your body and how you feel.

I was a vegan for 2 1/2 years and overdid things with soy and beans for protein sources – caused extreme weight gain and ruined my gut + candida overgrowth. Once eating meat again my health improved, stopped losing hair, lost weight – etc. Now combined with antifungals, defeating the candida as well.

samuel50
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 26

sushified;35453 wrote:

Meats such as lean beef, lamb, lean pork, veal, wild game (deer, duck, rabbit, etc.) are allowed on the candida diet. Meats are a great source of protein and beef in particular has curative factors of selenium and amino acids. Choose natural or organic meat products as many of the commercially available meat brands are from animals given steroids and antibiotics. Chicken and turkey are staples in my candida kitchen.

Exactly.

I eat lean organic chicken, grass-fed organic beef. Some days I alternate with just veggies and it’s really all the same. First week of diet I only did veggies, however. All about listening to your body and how you feel.

I was a vegan for 2 1/2 years and overdid things with soy and beans for protein sources – caused extreme weight gain and ruined my gut + candida overgrowth. Once eating meat again my health improved, stopped losing hair, lost weight – etc. Now combined with antifungals, defeating the candida as well.

It’s good to hear that you have good improvement with the food diet. Cheers!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

samuel50;35265 wrote: Meats such as lean beef, lamb, lean pork, veal, wild game (deer, duck, rabbit, etc.) are allowed on the candida diet.

These foods are allowed on a so-called Candida diet that does not work to cure the infestation.

Able

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Animal Meat, Die-off’ is closed to new replies.