Angular chelitis

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Angular chelitis

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  benc 7 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My mouth recently became sore in the corner of my mouth. I thought the “split” that occurred there was because I opened my mouth too wide or something like that.

It turns out its actually called angular chelitis and guess what!? It’s caused by candida and vitamin deficiencies.

I was wondering if anyone else has this?

All of the sudden this week it appeared on both corners of my mouth! Never happened to me before…

I am wondering if that means I am doing worse when compared to a few weeks ago? Does this mean I have a setback?

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I am wondering if that means I am doing worse when compared to a few weeks ago? Does this mean I have a setback?

Raster, my man, you’ve already answered this question yourself as well as given the explanation for why it’s happening.

I went completely off the diet for about 10 days and ate just about every poison imaginable. I ate things such as pizza, french toast, fruit, wedding cake, ice cream, hamburgers, airline food, and the list goes on and on….

I realized today that eating all of these poisons has really set me back in a major way. I ate a lot of sugar, white flour, breads, and a ton of junk such as pizza!

I have to ask the question, dude; did you introduce these foods slowly, one at a time waiting one to two weeks between each introduction like the protocol and diet instructs? I don’t like typing that, but the members need to know that every detail of the protocol /diet are designed the way they are for specific reasons.

I know this was your honeymoon, and it sucks that this is the way it happened, especially after all this time.

Really, truly sorry about this, Raster; I hate to see this happen to anyone, but man, you were SO close.

Able

raster
    Participant

Note: This is not my picture but one I found on the internet. I could not find a smaller image easily.

I am just going to continue on for now and aim for quitting smoking sometime sooner than later. Its probably setting me back a ton. I cheated way too badly and I am paying for it! I was basically symptom free on the diet before all of this happened and I thought I could handle it. My body is telling me otherwise.

-raster

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Wikipedia –>”Minor cases caused by a fungal infection can be treated by over-the-counter antifungal creams (e.g. clotrimazole)”.

“studies have linked the initial onset of angular cheilitis with nutritional deficiencies, namely riboflavin (vitamin B2)and iron deficiency anemia, which in turn may be evidence of poor diets or malnutrition (e.g. celiac disease). Zinc deficiency has also been associated with angular cheilitis.” < --- end Food for thought. Hope you heal soon and well, Raster.

raster
    Participant

I bet its linked to mineral deficiencies in general and I know I am deficient in all minerals.

I am taking drenamin which contains some of these vitamins:

http://www.standardprocess.com/display/StandardProcessCatalog.spi?ID=62

But I cannot find anything I am taking for b2 deficiencies and will ask my naturopath about this.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote: But I cannot find anything I am taking for b2 deficiencies and will ask my naturopath about this.

Raster, it’s called “probiotics.” Providing you’re getting enough and you’re feeding the flora, the beneficial bacteria will normally produce the entire list of B vitamins.

If you take a B vitamin supplement, the B’s usually vary in the amount of RDA percentage per individual vitamin. You’ll see something like 15% of one B vitamin, and 1333% of another. This is one thing that will cause the balance to be way off as far as the correct ratio of B vitamins. The label should read 100% of each of the eight B vitamins or you can cause an imbalance.

The unfortunate truth is, there is no telling how many of your beneficial bacteria you killed off when you stopped feeding them and fed the Candida for ten days. As the Candida’s population grows, thy are able to crowd out the bacteria and literally take over the intestines.

Able

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

I noticed for me a tried smoking while doing the diet and taking antifungals and I was getting nowhere. When I quit smoking I started making some progress.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

interesting, i’ve had this in the past, well before I contemplated candida as a problem for me. It just shows how long it can take to really take effect. I would have considered myself to have had this for 2 years, but chances are its being working away at me for years. My lifestyle has changed an awful lot over the years. I used to party pretty hard through my late teens & twenties & gradually in my late twenties I started to take an interest in a more holistic lifestyle.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Angular chelitis’ is closed to new replies.