Amounts of fat

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Amounts of fat

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jo*Jo 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I’ve counted calories for weight loss for about the last 6 years and when I started the strict diet I stopped for about a month. I also count carbs, fat and protein and now count calories to maintain the weight i’ve lost.

I just read Faiths Daily Regime thread and one thing I picked up on was about her not eating enough fat. I on the other hand appear to be having loads of fat. But I certainly dont seem to be experiencing anything negative from it. I have plenty of energy, feeling good and someone said I’m really glowing at the moment so i’m not complaining. I guess this may even be because of all the fat.

I use the spark people food diary which says that for my weight and height I should be having between 34 and 73 grams of fat. A typlcal day on the strict diet sees me having over 100g of fat. This is with 12 tsp’s of coconut oil, 12 tsp’s of olive oil for cooking, 5 eggs.. sometimes chicken etc.

Its all good fats, but is this amount still ok?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Heavy calorie deficits do more to advance weight gain than reverse it, and don’t exactly provide the nutritional tools you need in this situation. If you’re feeling energetic and maintaining a good weight, you’ve probably got your metabolism into gear and shouldn’t change anything. The food diary info is probably based on dietary guidelines, so if you reduce your fat intake, you’d better add in wholegrains and margarine to be healthy like everyone else 😉

I would say try to maintain a carb intake above 50g/day, because your body will use increased protein for glucose production otherwise, and since you’re not providing a great deal through diet, this means muscle wasting. Sometimes very low-carb diets result in loss of lean mass rather than fat, but checking your macronutrients can avoid this. You can similarly avoid any hormonal disruption caused by VLC diets. Since you’re glowing, it sounds like you’re already doing everything right 🙂

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I’m feeling the best ever. Its just a shame that my alopecia is getting worse but hey ho, i’m used to that. Low carbs was a bit of a concern for me too but i’ve checked and it appears I am having over 50mg every day so if you think thats fine, its fine by me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Amounts of fat’ is closed to new replies.