Amount of Candida friendly grains allowed daily

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Amount of Candida friendly grains allowed daily

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Marama 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Marama
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

Hi

Have been following the strict diet to the letter for 9 days now + 3 days of the liquid cleanse. One thing I am confused about is the amount of quinoa, brown rice etc you are ‘allowed’ in a day. I started out with only one serving once a day, but found I was getting very grumpy with just veggies and protein, so am now having small portions with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Is this too often? really want to get rid of this candida.

Typical breakfast; 2 x small homemade buckwheat + chia seed pancakes with almond butter, sugar free plain yoghurt.

Lunch; leftovers ie veggies, chicken and a small portion of quinoa or brown rice crackers with toppings

Dinner; salmon, veggies and brown rice or quinoa

In between; boiled eggs, celery, snowpeas……..

Also, I think I have been suffering from candida for about 3-4 years. I don’t get any of the yeast infections, but have suffered from stomach pains, intense sugar cravings, hives, fainting, terrible ear pain, depression, brain fog, constant tiredness, extremely bad insomnia (this is why I am motivated to keep to the diet, if only to ‘cure’ my insomnia). Anyway my point is, do some people not get the yeast infections? I do always have a white tongue so maybe it manifests itself orally?

Hoping someone can help

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You should keep all rice products at the minimum so that candida doesn’t feed on them too much. Rice contains starch and some sugar. Rice crackers are especially not good, I had problems with them myself.

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Even if you’re not suffering from candida, there’s still a good chance you have an imbalance of good and bad bacteria in your gut, and other digestive problems. These can definitely lead to the kinds of symptoms you describe, so it’s well worth committing to a therapeutic diet of some kind and taking probiotics and the other things suggested on here.

Most people on the forum just eat buckwheat, millet or teff sparingly. Rice is considerably more starchy, so you’d want to eat it even more sparingly. There are different approaches to this diet, and people respond differently, so it’s ultimately up to you what you eat. It might be a good idea to avoid all grains for a period of 2 weeks or so and then introduce them one at a time. How else will you know if rice or quinoa or anything else is setting you back?

It’s natural to get grumpy when you’re weaning your way off sugar, but this will subside in time, even if you eat nothing but non-starchy veg and protein. It took me around three weeks to get over the sugar cravings and irritability, and that was without eating anything containing more than 5% carbs.

Marama

Thanks for your replies. Gosh, reading your replies makes me want to cry, I hate to think I have been feeding it while being so good on the diet. I have done several candida tests online and the spit test and have no doubt in my mind it is candida, have had so many of the symptoms, sugar craving was the worst. Sheesh, guess it’s chicken and steamed veg for dinner! What does everyone eat for breakfast, I don’t really fancy vegetable omelettes every day, that’s why I was so excited to find a recipe for buckwheat chia seed pancakes.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Marama wrote: Thanks for your replies. Gosh, reading your replies makes me want to cry, I hate to think I have been feeding it while being so good on the diet. I have done several candida tests online and the spit test and have no doubt in my mind it is candida, have had so many of the symptoms, sugar craving was the worst. Sheesh, guess it’s chicken and steamed veg for dinner! What does everyone eat for breakfast, I don’t really fancy vegetable omelettes every day, that’s why I was so excited to find a recipe for buckwheat chia seed pancakes.

Hi Marama,

I guess if you decide to cut out all grains you have nothing else but eggs and veggies for breakfast. If you don’t like heavy breakfast, have hardboiled eggs and fresh veggies such as cucumber, tomato (if you can tolerate it), peppers etc. When you start introducing safe grains and alternative grains such as buckwheat, millet, oat bran or rice bran, then you can have those for breakfast. Oat bran tastes just like oats you just need to cook it a little longer. I soak it in the evening so it cooks faster in the morning. You can have buckwheat crepes (french pancakes), I tried them and they don’t taste that bad at all. Here is the recipe: http://www.adventuresofpip.com/recipes/buckwheat-galette/

Later on in the diet you can make a coconut bread and this will help with the breakfast, you just watch out and limit yourself to three slices per day. Here is the recipe for that: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst746_Coconut-Flour-Bread.aspx

Breakfast has been the toughest for me on this diet as I don’t like heavy breakfast, was used to eating cereal for most of my life. In time you will get used to it and start getting creative. Having more options also helps, but you have to tough it out first couple of weeks.

Good luck!

Arijaan

Marama

Thanks, I will check out those recipes. Have been looking at recipes on this site and feel a bit more inspired now. I haven’t really had that many die off symptoms, mainly when I was doing the liquid cleanse I got terrible cramps (like period cramps, similar to the ones I was having last year each time I fainted, but have been taking Olive leaf extract(1), a liver cleanse tablet (x2 daily)antifungals(4), probiotic(1), liquid concentrated mineral drops(1)and cups of detox tea, so maybe this has helped) Thought eating all of these green veggies would make me less constipated, but not really so far. Oh it’s a laugh a minute! Still I am determined and am keeping positive, at least I am losing the baby weight I have been carrying around for nearly 5 years!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Amount of Candida friendly grains allowed daily’ is closed to new replies.