am I taking too much antifungal?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions am I taking too much antifungal?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  benc 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

cali
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

The reason why I ask this is, tough I had many symptoms of Candida before I started this diet, I never had the bloating and constipation I am now experiencing big time. I almost look like I have a baby bump! I am trying to figure out why I am getting new symptoms since I have been following the protocol for about two months. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I am taking to much antifungal and it is killing the beneficial bacteria in my body along with the yeast. I am taking 15 drops of grapefruit seed extract 3 times a day and eating about 3 garlic cloves a day. I have also been eating a lot of rudabaega and red cabbage. Any ideas about what is causing these uncomfortable symptoms? Thanks for any thoughts you might have!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

The reason why I ask this is, tough I had many symptoms of Candida before I started this diet, I never had the bloating and constipation I am now experiencing big time.

Look for a product called Betaine hydrochloride HCL and follow the directions on the container, this should help the situation. Otherwise, this is just a natural part of a Candida infestation.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe I am taking to much antifungal and it is killing the beneficial bacteria in my body along with the yeast. I am taking 15 drops of grapefruit seed extract 3 times a day and eating about 3 garlic cloves a day. I have also been eating a lot of rudabaega and red cabbage. Any ideas about what is causing these uncomfortable symptoms?

Rutabaga is the strongest antifungal you’re using. How much do you eat at one time?

You’re probably experiencing die-off symptoms. Are you taking Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate, and if so, how much are you taking each day?

Able

cali

I am probably eating about one rudabaga a day. I take 150mcg of chelated molybdenum 3x/day.

Also, I am almost out of the GSE and am wondering what to replace it with. I took oregano oil before that. Should I go back to that for awhile, or is there something better I should take next?

Thanks for suggesting the Betaine, I’ll give it a try.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

SF722 is a great long term antifungal you can take that prevents candida from attaching to your mucousal membranes. I highly recommend it. There are other antifungals that work too of course such as black walnut extract or red clover.

Here are two posts worth checking out:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12975_ANTIFUNGALS-Correct-Doses.aspx#post12975

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12975_ANTIFUNGALS-Correct-Doses.aspx#post12975

Antifungals should actually cause movements, so unsure why you experiencing it also. Its an on and off thing you will be dealing with the overgrowth.

-raster

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

When you guys say rutabaga – do you mean this??

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266565275

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

yes Sam, I assume so.

Isn’t rutabaga too starchy for candida diet?

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

benc wrote: yes Sam, I assume so.

Yeah. That is exactly my thoughts as well benc.

I love this stuff and would quite happily eat it!

sp1543
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 57

You’re eating too much cellulose with all that veg.

Try not eating those two items you mentioned.

-Kyle

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Rutabega is one of the strongest natural antifungals, so it shouldn’t feed candida, or atleast not very much.

-raster

cali

Thanks, Raster, for posting those links. I think I will try the SR722 next since it doesn’t need to be rotated.

As far as the rudabaga goes, it is on the food list so I assume it’s okay to eat.

Able900
    Spectator

benc wrote: Isn’t rutabaga too starchy for candida diet?

Benc;

Rutabaga is the strongest antifungal that you can find in a food form and probably stronger than any natural antifungal supplement you can take. Just be sure you’re taking Molybdenum if you haven’t had rutabaga since starting the treatment because eating a substantial amount can cause powerful die-off symptoms.

As far as starch is concerned, you’re not going to avoid starch unless you stop eating altogether, and sometimes the positives far outweigh the negative aspects to such a degree that it’s much more beneficial to eat these foods than it is to avoid them. This is very much the case with rutabagas.

You can’t just look at the ‘big picture’ when you’re considering foods to eat on a Candida diet because usually there are details that shouldn’t be overlooked.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

sammcl wrote:

yes Sam, I assume so.

Yeah. That is exactly my thoughts as well benc.
    I love this stuff and would quite happily eat it!
    Samm, if I’m not mistaken you asked for the stricter diet, and I sent it to you. If you’ll look at it, you’ll see that rutabaga is listed in the vegetable group which can be eaten throughout the diet from beginning to end. Keep in mind that this is the diet which I used during my cure; several others have as well.

Able

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

sammcl wrote: When you guys say rutabaga – do you mean this??

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266565275

Yes Sam, we call them Swede… took me a while to figure that one out too!

L

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Able900 wrote:

Benc;

Rutabaga is the strongest antifungal that you can find in a food form and probably stronger than any natural antifungal supplement you can take. Just be sure you’re taking Molybdenum if you haven’t had rutabaga since starting the treatment because eating a substantial amount can cause powerful die-off symptoms.

As far as starch is concerned, you’re not going to avoid starch unless you stop eating altogether, and sometimes the positives far outweigh the negative aspects to such a degree that it’s much more beneficial to eat these foods than it is to avoid them. This is very much the case with rutabagas.

You can’t just look at the ‘big picture’ when you’re considering foods to eat on a Candida diet because usually there are details that shouldn’t be overlooked.

Able

Thanks Able, whilst i’m fairly used to a low carb diet, I feel so drained at the moment. Badly need a re-feed, hopefully this will give me a little bit of energy.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘am I taking too much antifungal?’ is closed to new replies.