Am I taking too many different pills?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Am I taking too many different pills?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lolcandida 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hannah4828
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

To make a long story short- I was exposed to mold in a house I lived in. For the past 6 months I have been experiencing Candida symptoms, systemic allergic reactions, and a slew of other crazy things. I am starting the detox today and I am concerned that all of the new herbs and dietary changes is going to put too much stress on my body. Here is what I am taking :
    – Zyrtec – ( have been taking for 2 months)
    – vitamin B complex ( taking for 3 months)
    – oregano oil ( taking for 2 months)
    – probiotic ( 5 billion- taking for 3 months)
    – vitamin C ( bought today)
    – yeast detox pills ( started today)
    – coconut oil- ( 2 tablespoons a day)
    – Abuterol inhaler ( taking for 1 week)

– Clonapin – ( as needed- 6 years)

I went from taking nothing to all this so it really makes me nervous .
    Thoughts ?
    – Hannah

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Nothing on your list looks unhealthy. Assuming, of course, that you don’t take enormous quantities of this stuff. So in that sense, your list looks safe to me.

The only possible problem I see is that your body (and/or your gut bacteria) will have to adapt to your new food pattern. This adaptation takes some time, and you may experience some (mostly mild) symptoms as a consequence.

If you feel nervous, or if you just want to be safe, you could make the switch more gradually. Let’s say you add the components one by one, or you gradually increase the quantities. That will make the switch easier for your body / your gut bacteria. After all, you’ve been in this situation for at least six months, so I guess it doesn’t really matter all that much whether you start the detox today or next week – which means that you can slowly move to your new diet in the course of a week, perhaps even in the course of the next two weeks.

But then, these are just my thoughts. I immediately admit that I’m no expert in this field, even though I made some very gradual changes to my own food consumption (sometimes even during several months instead of all at once). So I may be wrong, or sub-optimal. Therefore, if any of the experts on this forum has a different opinion, just forget what I wrote here, and follow the experts. And follow your own feelings of course, because no expert knows your body as well as you do.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

When your taking that much at one time its hard to pinpoint what is doing what. I always do one product at a time to see what kind of reaction I get. Once you know what type of reaction you get from each individual product then you can combine or rotate.

lolcandida
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

– Zyrtec – I would stop taking this, watch your diet if you are having allergies (gluten, casein, ect)
    – vitamin B complex – Make sure it has the real form of folate not folic acid
    – oregano oil – 2 months is way to long to be taking this stop immediately
    – probiotic – I would try a different probiotic after 3 months, prescript assist, natren, or primal defense ultra are good options and make sure that your diet contains soluble fiber to feed the probiotics or else consider supplementing some potato starch or other prebiotic fiber.
    – vitamin C – take away from your probiotic
    – yeast detox pills – whats in them?
    – coconut oil- no limit
    – Abuterol inhaler – These weaken the immune system and have been shown to cause candida overgrowth,stop immediately.

– Clonapin – ( as needed- 6 years) – Fix your gut and you wont need this, depending on what you are using it for there may be better and safer supplement or herbal remedies.

Consider taking thorne sf722/10-Undecenoic Acid so that your bodies immune system can use its natural defenses to combat the candida.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Am I taking too many different pills?’ is closed to new replies.