Am I ready to give up?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Am I ready to give up?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Banshee 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Paola b
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

Hello everybody, I have candida overgrowth (more or less 2 years) but in June syntomps got unbearable. After seeing 8 doctors that couldnt understand what was going on, I found a nutritionist ready to take me on. I have been on her diet for almost 2 months (no fruit at all, no sugar, no gluten, only green veggies pretty much, quinoa as a grain if I want to, no probiotics, only natural antifungal in rotation). I felt good for 2 weeks and then back to darkness….right now I am having skin rashes on my forehead, greasy and dry hair, nails falling off, trouble sleeping, feeling horrible and I feel like I am 70 years old…everything hurts….she wouldn’t slow down the program and she said these things are not related to her program or candida….if after 2 months I am feeling like this, is it worth it to go on another month? She never explained what was going to happen to my body during this diet…I had everthing, dye_off syntomphs, healing crisis….and I always had to look for answers oline….I don’t see the end of the tunnel….suggestion please?

Yumskins
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

i have very similar problems. The dr gave me a PPI, Miralax and probiotics to take. Each once per day. It seems to be a big secret as to what my problem is. Let me know if you start feeling better. I am sure I know but family thinks I’m crazy and drs won’t say. I’m well aware of my body and symptoms. Yes. Give up on that diet.

Paola b
    Participant

I have started to take the probiotoc today and I will wait a couple of weeks to see of they make a difference. Even my boyfriend thinks that my current diet is not probably right for me and that we should look into something else. Thank you! 🙂

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

Your diet sounds too strict to me. Try introducing some low sugar fruits like berries or apples, some healthy proteins like eggs. Also make sure that you’re getting enough fats from foods like avocado, olive oil, etc. Also add in some natural probiotics like kefir, yogurt. Lisa Richards’ program recommends all these things. Your current regimen sounds way too strict and your body probably just isn’t getting what it needs.

Paola b
    Participant

I am allergic to eggs and vegan, I do have yoghurt but natural coconut one. Do you thing I can have brown rice at this point. This diet doesn’t allow me to have it…not even avocado or blueberries. Almost 3 weeks ago I slipt….I had a pizza, I needed something….she blame this for my miserable physical status and because I am not getting better…I mean after 12 weeks of this diet and antifunguls, I would expect my body to be able to cope with 1 single slip….she also always gives me different explanations of the same thing, like the metal taste in my mouth 4 weeks ago…she said it was normal , today she told me that I have it because I have a cold, which I don’t have. I am getting very confused… She told me at the beginning I was going to feel amazing which it didnt happen and she gets offended when I ask her what Is the point of going on if I feel so bad…I am feeling very uncomfortable and frustrated right now…

Wiley200
    Participant

1. A bit of pizza is not going to cause you weeks of problems.
    2. Eat some avocado and blueberries – they are both super nutritious and will not feed Candida.
    3. Get a new naturopath!
    4. Get tested so that you know if it’s Candida or not.

Paola b
    Participant

I have already got tested and yes I do have candida….I will add avocado and blueberries then and see how I feel :). Thank you so much!

Rinkidink
    Participant

I think it’s worth continuing with the diet but tweaking it a bit. For instance you could rotate quinoa, amaranth and buckwheat daily but don’t have too much. I’m at a terrible stage like you and I’m suffering horribly. I have impetigo trying to break out on my face but I’m using aloe vera gel and grapefruit seed extract, which is keeping it at bay.

I’ve had blisters on the bottom of my feet, my itching has been off the scale for a couple of months and I’m craving carbs so badly! Bit I’m sticking with it. I’m taking lots of different antifungals, including Neem powder put into empty capsules, Chapparal, Oregano, various essential oils such as Oregano, Cloves, Bergemot, Lemongrass and Lavender mixed in a little extra virgin olive oil, poured into capsules and inserted front and back and swallowed with plenty of water (this may be controversial but it’s helping me a lot). I even insert powdered Neem capsules and Marshmallow root powder capsules. They take a little while to work then it stops for several hours. I swallow Marshmallow and Neem capsules too, Marshmallow heals a leaky gut, which Candida makes when it digs its tendrils with hooks into our guts, and Neem is a powerful antifungal.

I’ve added Colloidal silver into the mix and I have very high hopes of that being the extra boost I need to beat this thing. I’m well aware that I’m going to suffer during the fighting stage and I accept that because I know I’m going to feel amazing when it’s under control!

The only probiotics that I think might help us (after much research) are Saccharomyces boulardii, L rheuteri, and Plantarum. Nothing from dairy. It’s all too complex to explain here but google them.

I eat organic meat, wild keta salmon, vegetables, and some carbs like porridge occassionally, buckwheat products, quinoa, amaranth. Stevia in the porridge and buckwheat flakes made with water. No dairy at all. No fermented foods, not even yogurt. We shouldn’t have fermented foods at all.

Something extremely important is healthy fats to nourish you and not the Candida! I put big dollops of duck fat on my meals and extra virgin olive oil, but not from the supermarket, the good stuff from Greece or Italy in Amazon. Hemp seed oil has exactly the correct balance of Omega 3 and 6 oils so I use that too. Fats, fats, fats all the way! Perhaps you could google the things I’m saying. I hope we’re both well soon but please stick with the therapist a while longer because she sounds like she knows what she’s talking about to me, although she does seem a little strict but I’d need to know everything you’re allowed to eat to judge that.

Paola b
    Participant

I see…my doctor told me I have to have yoghurt at this stage….I researched in the Internet a lot during the last few months and there are a lot of versions of this diet, many antifungals available (I use only natural ones) and many different reactions or pain during the clease but not many info about how people cope with dye off syntomps/healing crysis or how long it takes for a person to start feeling decent.
    I don’t want to throw away 2 months and a half of work but on the other hand, I don’t want to stop searching and rely only on my current doctor if the program doesn’t work on me. Have you been feeling bad for 2 months in a row as well?

Rinkidink
    Participant

I know that for years the advice has been to have yogurt but it’s not necessarily right. Many of us have fermenting guts, in which case we shouldn’t have fermented foods. You can read about that in Dr Sarah Myhill’s website. She’s the UKs leading ME expert and it seems that most of us who have ME also have Candida, and I believe it may be the cause of my ME, or at least a cause.

I’m not sure if your doctor can find out if you have a fermenting gut and I forget exactly what Dr Myhill said about tests or how you know if you’ve got it but you could have a read. I’ve found out that I do better without dairy. It’s my favourite food! It causes bloating and after I left it out for a while and then had some again I felt bad and the Candida got worse suddenly so I cut it out again. And it was just plain yogurt. But when I heal my leaky gut I might be able to have it again. What does your doctor say about leaky gut?

I did really well at the beginning of the year with fighting Candida until I had no symptoms but then I found out about high histamine foods and the need to avoid them. I have histamine intolerance. Anyway I’m underweight and there were so few foods I could eat that I lost even more weight. I ended up adding sweet potatoes and a few other things back in that I thought may be ok then but they weren’t and I’ve got the Candida back even worse. I’ve been in a terrible flare up for around 3 months.

You need some antifungals that break down the biofilm around Candida that protects it; otherwise your other antifungals won’t be able to get to it. Here’s a research article listing some essential oils that do that and I’m using them. I feel relief when I insert them in capsules: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11046-007-9077-9?LI=true

Paola b
    Participant

I am allergic to dairy, gluten, yeast and eggs so I don’t have these in any form (for the last 2/3 years)…the yogurt I have is organic coconut yoghurt, which is the only fermented food I am allowed to have.

I don’t have ME, leaky gut and I am not histamine intolerance (I got tested) but I am anemic which slows down any healing process, even when accidentally cut myself cooking, it takes ages for my blood to stop and the strach to heal. I am taking homeopathic tablets for this as I have very bad reactions with the normal pills. I am not left with many food options either as I am vegan with few allergies, I lost a lot of weight in first 3 weeks but now my body seems stable.I am not super skinny but for my size and age I am underweight too, hopefully my body is finally getting used to the changes.

Wiley200
    Participant

Many of us have fermenting guts, in which case we shouldn’t have fermented foods.

That doesn’t make sense to me.

If you have a fermenting gut, then you should probably reduce your sugar intake. Fermented foods are pretty low in sugars.

This sounds like the unfounded advice to avoid mushrooms because “it’s a fungus too.”

Rinkidink
    Participant

Wiley have you read what Dr Sarah Myhill says about a fermenting gut? She explains it so much better than I can as I’m only just beginning to learn about it. I wasn’t even aware of it several months ago but I’ve heard about it more places than Dr Myhill’s site.

I’ve been on an extremely low sugar diet for years, except that I was eating too much fruit for months last year but I had the problems before that. I don’t think it’s the only cause.

Mushrooms? I’m sure I didn’t mention mushrooms.

Rinkidink
    Participant

Paola I just replied to you but I edited because I spelt your name wrong and it’s vanished. I’m too tired to write it all again. Anemia must be a pain, is the homeopathy helping yet?

I asked the intolerance test people if I’m allergic to dairy or just lactose because I want to try lactofree products but I’m afraid they’re going to say it’s all milk products. Those were the main things I mentioned. Hopefully my post will come back! Lol

Paola b
    Participant

Yes anemia is a pain but my body is used to it… I have been anemic for the last 15 years so …. I cure myself only with homeopathic remedies, I do not believe in traditional medicine as doctors let me down in many occasions…the homeopathic remedies work in the long run but they take longer to kick in (about a month for me). Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, chickpeas and lentils need to be soaked in water overnight and not cooked in oil in order to be eaten by people with candida overgrowth. Did you do that? 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Am I ready to give up?’ is closed to new replies.