Am I in the right place??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Am I in the right place??

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie2 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

IBSguy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6

I believe I have fungal Candida but it seems like this site caters to those who suffer from the yeast infection and none or my symptoms. Upon my research, it is my belief that I suffer from Candida. I have oral thrush, a persistent dry cough that won’t go away, and digestion and instestinal issues galore. Whenever I research my symptoms, I seem to always come back to candida but never believed I suffered from it until the oral lesions/thrush started.

I wish all of you success in your journey to beat yeast infection but i would like to know if this is the place I should be to learn more about. Eating candida and ending my iIBS type symptoms.

PS I am a straight male and do not suffer from any skin related yeast infections, just internal candida.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

IBS was touched on yesterday in this thread. It’s important to have an idea of what’s going on because all the indigestible foods recommended on the diet will make you suffer if you do have IBS or SIBO (probably the same thing). If you search the forum for IBS or SIBO, you’ll find other ‘is it candida?’ type discussions.

IBSguy

Javizy wrote: IBS was touched on yesterday in this thread. It’s important to have an idea of what’s going on because all the indigestible foods recommended on the diet will make you suffer if you do have IBS or SIBO (probably the same thing). If you search the forum for IBS or SIBO, you’ll find other ‘is it candida?’ type discussions.

I did the SIBO breath test recently and it came up negative. I’ll check out the thread.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I have been dealing with thrush for past 9 months. Mostly gone after 3 months…but not completely gone yet. I follow the strict diet you get from Able900 ask him in a PM. Doc’s will not help me at all….this diet has been a huge life savor for me. Best of luck.

Also look under oil pulling. That was a big life savor too 🙂

IBSguy

Jackie2 wrote: I have been dealing with thrush for past 9 months. Mostly gone after 3 months…but not completely gone yet. I follow the strict diet you get from Able900 ask him in a PM. Doc’s will not help me at all….this diet has been a huge life savor for me. Best of luck.

Thanks!!

Do you happen to have any pics of what ur thrush looked like? I have white spots on the bottom of my tongue that hurt, a nigher spot on the bottom of my mouth that hurts, and my cheek that is swollen and hurts. I have to swish with lidocaine just to eat. I haven’t been diagnosed with Candida but I suspect that’s what it is. The oral problems I have been back having is what really tipped me off. Oh and my dry persistent cough. Sometimes I can barely eat! In fact I haven’t ate for 3 days because my mouth is so sore AND I have been having diarrhea from IBS!!! How the hell did I even get this? ;'( Wahhh … Lol ok pity part time

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Oral thrush is caused by candida and not by anything else; mouth conditions are caused by the spleen according to my naturopath.

Coughing is a symptom that toxins are being detoxed via the lungs and not via the skin or the bowels. Toxins can be produced by candida, parasites, or other bugs.

Have you tried the diet and experienced die-off?

-raster

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

I thought this was my old thread…LOL..i asked the same thing. found i AM in the right place after self diagnosing myself. i had shortness of breath, IBS, Menieres Disease, RLS, Dizziness, migraines, Chronic fatigue. now i am CFS free..thank God…dizziness is better…that was my chief complaint….not gone but better..and headaches are alot better or gone.shortness of breath went away right away..as soon as i started my diet and taking probiotics and antifungals. i am 3 1/2 months on the diet now..and feeling better. i am at about 60-70% better..some days i fall back to 20-30%…but they are less than they were. i had vaginal yeast infections every two months no matter what i did and now..those are gone. woohoo…no more itching both vaginal and rectal either. you can say it feels like heaven down there now..LOL its a relief. i cant wait to be at 100%. it feels better just to be getting better. in the beginning i thought this was going to take forever and didnt want to be on this diet for along time..now it seems to be just a part of life. i do try new foods sometimes and my body lets me know immediately if its good or not. (i get real dizzy) but if i dont get dizzy..i try that food again. it may be too early for me to be trying foods but…i dont see where it is hurting to find out. if i get a reaction..i dont eat it again. In the beginning, i was weak for weeks into the diet. slept alot…dropped 12 lbs in two weeks. it was major..but now i have leveled off..not really losing weight anymore..not sure why…but i can say..there is hope. the one way i knew it as Candida is when i suffered thru the horrible die off in the beginning. thats how i knew i had candida.. no Dr could diagnose it after 5 Drs.
    so try the diet, see if you get better. my IBS is still there but seems slightly better.i think thats gonna take a long time to gt that straightened out. Good luck to ya..

IBSguy

Update:

I went to the dentist last Monday and he gave me Nystatin Oral Suspension to swish and spit to help with the sores in my mouth. It worked. There’s plenty of it left so I am going to go ahead and swallow 4 tsp by mouth daily to hopefully help with my suspected candida overgrowth in my intestines.

However, 2 new symptoms pop up!! WTF! I have a itchy, leaky, smelly belly button! 🙁 Now in addition to that, I break out in either massive bug bites (bed bugs . . but if its bed bugs, why didn’t my wife get bitten?) or hives! I’m itching like hell all over 🙁

So I started the Candida diet a week ago and I believe it has caused my god awful hemorrhoids to flare up. So I’ve dramatically decreased my intake of food so I am not having large bowel movements. I’ve also started taking 2000mg of Rutin and Butchers Broom (not sure about how many mg).

I have planned on trying to find a doctor that is familiar with Candida and has treated for it in the Knoxville, TN area. I called my GI doc about this last week but they laughed at me. . . assholes. Anyways thats all I can think of for now. Back to itching 🙁

IBSguy

So I fell off the diet for a couple weeks and now I’m back on it and have been strong for over 2 weeks. I realize that I must maintain for quite some time.

Here are some UPDATES:

– The oral thrush in my mouth is GONE! It’s not longer painful to eat or chew.
    – The dry unproductive cought is gone as well! So is my sore throat!

I still have the hemorrhoids and incomplete evacuation symptoms though. I really hope these stop sometime soon!

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

IBSguy wrote: Update:

I went to the dentist last Monday and he gave me Nystatin Oral Suspension to swish and spit to help with the sores in my mouth. It worked. There’s plenty of it left so I am going to go ahead and swallow 4 tsp by mouth daily to hopefully help with my suspected candida overgrowth in my intestines.

However, 2 new symptoms pop up!! WTF! I have a itchy, leaky, smelly belly button! 🙁 Now in addition to that, I break out in either massive bug bites (bed bugs . . but if its bed bugs, why didn’t my wife get bitten?) or hives!

I wonder, have you taken your basal temp (temp upon waking)? I had major histamine reactions for like ever and then some without putting two and two together. Now, when I hear someone say they have hives/histamine reactions I ask how’s their temps. Just about every time they report back to the effect, “I didn’t believe it but, my temps are very low, like 97 or 96 degree, etc.”

Low body temps are known to be a symptom of candida but, I think it has more to do with leaky gut caused by candida. Once the pores leak large molecule food particles the body thinks they are invaders and mount an immune reaction: histamine. The aggregate toll on the immune system stresses the adrenals.thyroids to fatigue and they can’t regulate body temperature properly. Not sure if that’s and accurate way of describing this theory but, histamine reactions almost always are tied together with low body temps.

Glad to hear you are getting better: no more oral thrush, cough and sore throat. More power to you: keep up the good work. Blessings.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I just wanted to chime in IBSguy is that you should plan on a long recovery period; it can take as long as 6-18 months to recover from candida overgrowth and years of abuse to the gut. Its good that you have seen some of your symptoms lift, but plan on almost all of them going away in time.

As far as hemorrhoids, I have been dealing with this problem as well. If you drink caffeine or am a smoker like me, then it’ll be difficult to heal them in the long road. They are also tied to constipation.

I take a few supplements that heal my hemmorhoids and they include collinsonia root and spanish black radish. They always flare up when I cheat or drink coffee.

Another one worth mentioning is chamomile tea which is antifungal, heals hemorrhoids, and gives you energy in the morning (when steeped longer than 8 mins).

-raster

dforbreakfast
    Replies: 39

Doggiemama wrote: i had shortness of breath, IBS, Menieres Disease, RLS, Dizziness, migraines, Chronic fatigue. now i am CFS free..thank God…dizziness is better…

This is great to hear! 6 months back I suddenly was dizzy ALL THE TIME. My mother suggested a magnesium supplement, which actually cured it right away, but I wonder if it was also candida-related. I still get “the dizzies” from time to time but it’s nowhere near how bad it was. I felt car-sick every day on my morning commute on the train. It was crippling. So glad yours is better.

I still suffer almost nightly migraines… hoping those will go away too.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

IBSguy wrote:

I have been dealing with thrush for past 9 months. Mostly gone after 3 months…but not completely gone yet. I follow the strict diet you get from Able900 ask him in a PM. Doc’s will not help me at all….this diet has been a huge life savor for me. Best of luck.

Thanks!!

Do you happen to have any pics of what ur thrush looked like? I have white spots on the bottom of my tongue that hurt, a nigher spot on the bottom of my mouth that hurts, and my cheek that is swollen and hurts. I have to swish with lidocaine just to eat. I haven’t been diagnosed with Candida but I suspect that’s what it is. The oral problems I have been back having is what really tipped me off. Oh and my dry persistent cough. Sometimes I can barely eat! In fact I haven’t ate for 3 days because my mouth is so sore AND I have been having diarrhea from IBS!!! How the hell did I even get this? ;'( Wahhh … Lol ok pity part time

Sorry I didn’t respond. I have been kind of out of commission. I went to Mayo Clinic and had surgery (unrelated to Candida). However, while there I wanted someone to see me for this thrush that seems to have been going for 9 months. After i tood the nystatin my mouth really cleared up. I found much comfort and healing from oil pulling as well as drinking Kefir and eating greek yogurt. I found it interesting that you too had a bad cough. That is what took me to the Dr who in turn gave me antibiotics that set me into this tailspin. I can tell you that when I stray from diet it comes back. Not full throttle but in bits burning in back of throat and on my tongue.

At Mayo Clinic during my surgery when they were knocking me out and putting breathing tube in they found white splotches/ plaque on vocal chords. Woo Hoo. Finally someone found something. They went to get ENT but they couldn’t do too much since I had tube down throat. I’m heading back next week and hope to have some answers. I guess I want you to be careful because mine seemed gone and it comes back…probably because it was living in my vocal chords and I too have only had idiots for doctors that look at me and send me somewhere else or say they have no idea.

Stay strong. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Am I in the right place??’ is closed to new replies.