Am I doing something wrong?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Am I doing something wrong?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Bilstonia
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi all, i’m a newbie after a little bit of advice.

Ive suffered with severe candida for just over 6 years and am trying to ease my vaginal symptoms. I have been doing the candida diet for nearly two weeks and have seen no improvement what so ever yet.

I am following the diet ultra strictly: This is what I have been eating for the last two weeks

BREAKFAST: Eggs scrambled in coconut oil

Lunch: Fresh Chicken with salad (green leafed,tomatos, bell peppers)

DINNER: Again fresh meat of some kind (except pork) brocolli, cauliflower

SNACKS : Natural yoguart, baby tomatos

Drinks : Bottled mineral water or camamille tea

I’m taking coconut oil, eatting coconuts + the milk, fresh garlic and suppliments of probiotics

I am eatting NO fruit,sweets, carbs or processed foods of any kind! I have not cheated at all.

I know this will take some time, but ive had so much will power and seeing no results at all is making me feel really down and lose that will-power. 🙁

How long before things start to improve roughly?

Any advice would be great because im determined to sort this out 🙂

Many Thanks Claire

DZUKELA
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Tomatoes contain sugar. You should avoid it for a few months at least

Bilstonia

This site says I can eat tomatos?

Bilstonia

I’d just like to add that i’m not a very big girl anyway and the weight is literally dropping off me (i’m closing in on a size 6 – dropping nearly a dress size in nearly 2 weeks) Surely I should be seeing some improvement – even not total improvement with what I am doing? I’m off to see the doctor today to seek his advice also, but what can I eat that will help maintain my weight? I don’t feel like i’m getting enough to sustain myself day to day and if I need to cut more stuff out…… I really can’t see how this is possible

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We follow a different forum diet that is different than the website and this may be why you are confused. We don’t recommend eating tomatoes on the strict forum diet. We also don’t recommend eating meat 2x per day, which creates methane for the candida to thrive. I think 1x per day is good for meat, while able feels you should eat it a few times per week.

What supplements are you taking? The diet alone won’t cure your infestation…

The supplements are the x-factor in any treatment.

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery timeline to get over candida.

-raster

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I’m on day 76, but for reference, after two weeks, I wasn’t feel all that different. My cravings were starting to go away, and my mood was just starting to even out a little bit, that was about it. It’s a slow process.

Bilstonia

I am taking a pro-biotic and various herbs know for there anti-fungal qualitys. I’m also taking alot of coconut oil. My problem with this diet is the amount of weight i’m losing. My docotor has agreed that I should cut no more from my diet, but is happy to let me eat what I mentioned above, minimum. So I am unable to cut anymore meat out (shall we say for health reasons, due to my struggle to maintain weight)

Bilstonia

I will cut the tomatos out though…. thanks for that.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would look at other foods to use as a replacement for meat. For instance rutabega is a great potato replacement and is the strongest antifungal veggie out there. My teff bread has a ton of protein and is quite filling and has weight gain properties. Oat bran and buckwheat are great side dishes to have on the diet and have prebiotics which feed the beneficial bacteria in the gut. Pumpkin is highly anti-inflammatory and helps remove the toxins from the body.

The world of healthy food is vast, you just need to go and find it!

So you need to change your mindset about the diet and start opening up to the possibilities. Try to eat 3-4 course meals and snacks between meals. Chew your food 30+ times per bite to improve digestion and increase the surface area of the food you are eating…spread out the 1 serving of meat per day to 3 smaller servings of meat. There’s a lot you can do to change, you just have to learn about it.

Are you experiencing die-off?

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Am I doing something wrong?’ is closed to new replies.