Almost passed out in 2nd day. Need advice!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Almost passed out in 2nd day. Need advice!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Merey
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi! My sister found out she had candida about a year ago, and thought I probably had it to. I was a C section birth, and wasn’t breast fed long enough. I’ve gone my whole life with inner ear problems, post nasal drip and migraines that the doctors have never helped me with, even my naturopaths.

I’ve been struggling to grasp the concept of having it myself since I love cheese, coffee and sugar so much! But I finally gave in and started the diet 2 days ago. Yesterday morning I was a little nauseous, and by last night I had a pretty severe headache starting. I woke up half way through the night last night with such severe nausea, head and neck pain that I could barely make it back to sleep. When I woke up this morning I was shaking, I almost through up, was sweating but with no fever and still had the head ache. While standing in the kitchen trying to make something to eat I almost passed out. I needed to make it through a 12 hour work day so I gave in and made whole grain seed bread toast along with my two eggs. Within two hours I felt almost 100% better. I still stuck to the diet for the most part the rest of the day, but did eat half an organic dark chocolate bar through out the day to help from feeling so low blood sugar.

My regular diet before this consisted of quite a bit of cheese, not a ton of wheat other than my one piece of toast in the morning, but I do have a huge sweet tooth, and drink one to two coffees a day.

I guess I’m wondering a few things. A- were my symptoms strictly the die-off symptoms, or is it possible that I was just really really low blood sugar? If I was just low blood sugar, what are some tips on preventing this? B- is it ok to ease into the diet? Like could I start cutting back to half a piece of toast in the morning? Or is it really better to just do it all at once?

Thanks!

Mere

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Merey, and welcome to the forum.

Quote: “A- were my symptoms strictly the die-off symptoms, or is it possible that I was just really really low blood sugar? If I was just low blood sugar, what are some tips on preventing this? B- is it ok to ease into the diet? Like could I start cutting back to half a piece of toast in the morning? Or is it really better to just do it all at once?”

The diet is extremely difficult to stay on in the beginning, and often for much longer. Considering your diet before you started the Candida diet, my guess is definitely the low blood sugar. That of course immediately explains the headache, nausea, and near passing out.

In your case I see nothing wrong with adapting to the diet slowly, but I would still stay off the sugar products, all of them. The coffee (caffeine) for most part is at least one of the most difficult to give up, so perhaps half a cup to get you started in the morning would suffice for now. A half piece of whole wheat toast in the morning, and even another in the afternoon is a good idea to help you through the day without the feelings you described.

The secret for sticking to the diet, for me at least, was researching all the different food items I could eat in order to keep my strength and blood sugar up enough to get through a full day of work, which for me is normally at least 9 hours. Trust me, as time goes by you’re going to become more accustomed to this type of eating. If someone had told me seven months ago that today I’d still be on the diet and actually enjoying my food during every meal with enough strength and stamina to perform my job the way I want to and still be able to exercise in a gym, play tennis, and cook all of my meals, I’d simply say “No Way.” But that’s exactly what has happened.

If you feel hungry a lot of the time, yet have no real appetite (if you experience this, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about), then that is a miserable feeling indeed. What you have to do with this is nothing less than eat as often as you need to in order to fight it. Plan ahead; come up with some quick and easy snacks to get you through a day. Cooking an extra amount of something and saving it for warming up later is of course an excellent way. Having a bowl of boiled eggs always in the fridge saved me many times. I love avocados, so this was another quick, healthy way to get some fat as well as calories into my body. You can eat organic plain Greek yogurt (be sure it’s Greek, plain, and organic) as well as kefir, so use these several times a day as well. Adding Truvia sweetener will help the taste of the plain yogurt if you’re not used to it.

You’ll find the forum very helpful. There are a lot of people here who want to help you through this. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask on the forum.

I’m sure that others on the forum will have ideas for you as well as wanting to cheer you up any time you’re feeling down. These people will become your friends, friends who care and help without expecting anything back from you. That’s pretty rare in today’s world, right?

Good luck to you.
    Able

Merey

Thanks Able,

You’re advice is pretty much what I decided I would need to do anyway. I’ve been having a very small coffee in the AM, with just a tad of sugar, and then a half a piece of toast with my breakfast. I think I was also struggling because breakfast is usually one of my biggest meals, so I was really not used to making it through the day without the sugar from some sort of bread product. And cutting out BOTH the coffee and the toast at the same time is just too much.

I’ve been doing so much better and am going to try and wein off of everything within two weeks and then start from there.

Any suggestions for foods that people have found to be really good for keeping up the blood sugar? I will try to just test everything out, but if there’s anything that anyone has already figured out I’d love some hints!

Thanks!

Mere

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hi, Merey! Is your full name Meredith? I just love that name 🙂

I have low blood sugar, too, and I’m pregnant, so I have to be really careful to avoid lightheadedness in the mornings. Here are a few things that have worked well for me.

* I eat a protein snack before I go to bed every night (large spoonful of sunflower seed butter, some almonds, a little leftover chicken, etc.)

* I eat breakfast as soon as humanly possible in the morning. And I make sure that what I plan on eating is quick to make.

* There are some days that I feel like I need a grain at breakfast time for energy reasons, but honestly, I feel like I’ve done really well with eggs, veggies, and a healthy fat as the bulk of my breakfast most days. The longer I’m on the diet, I feel like my blood sugar is regulating. The “need” for carbs is decreasing and I’m noticing how much better I feel with protein, good fats, and fiber, with just a little carbs. Good fats = extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, avocado, etc.

* I rarely, if ever, eat a grain alone. I always try to eat grains in conjunction with proteins and often with good fats. This is a staple combo for a hypoglycemic diet.

* I make sure I’m eating a decent amount of calories every 2 and a half to 3 hours. And, as I said before, I try to stay away from snacks that are grains only. If you’re eating plain yogurt, that with a little stevia is a really great snack once a day. There’s a decent amount of protein in yogurt.

* I limit my total grains to about 2 (maybe 3) small servings a day. My body learned pretty quickly to reach for things like almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cut up veggies, instead of breads & sweets when my energy dipped

* I eat these Pocono Buckwheat Grits once a week with 2 fried eggs and some seasonings like garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt. See, there’s protein in the eggs – 14g – to balance out my carbs in the buckwheat and slow absorption.

* Quinoa is a high protein grain and is approved for the diet. All grains need to be limited, but if you like the taste of quinoa, it’s a good choice for morning meals as well. Here’s a link to one option, although whole quinoa is probably a better choice. The cereal in the link is fast to make, though.

Does all of that help any? I hope so 🙂 By the way, I weaned myself of caffeine during the first 10 days of the diet, too. I was already down to 1/2 a cup per day because of the pregnancy, but I took 10 days to transition to green tea and then gradually decrease the steeping time, making it weaker and weaker. I didn’t have an ill effects when I stoped completely. Oh, and also, I skipped the cleanse. I just went straight to the diet.

Best wishes to you!!! I really hope you can find a good balance with fighting your candida but still keeping your blood sugar up 🙂

chengliu
    Topics: 0

Best wishes to you!!! I really hope you can find a good balance with fighting your candida but still keeping your blood sugar up

Tera Power Leveling
    Buy WOW Items
    Tera Items

Merey

Thanks Hope! That was very helpful. And yes, it’s actually Meredith too.

I skipped the cleanse as well, as I already have a fast metabolism and ate every few hours to begin with. I didn’t think I could push myself that hard and still work full time on my feet!

Now, I felt a little confused on what was ok in the stage 1. Are the buckwheat and quinua ok in stage 1? I think I’ve seen it listed different ways on different sites.

I also quickly discovered that I must have a tree nut allergy, at least when having more than a few, but I’ll try the sunflower seeds as well. Thanks for the tip for the quick-make cereal too, I’ll check it out!

Congratulations on the baby! Good luck to you as well. Things are going much smoother now that I’m easing into it. Hopefully I can be strictly on the diet within the week!

Mere

Allira
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Hi there! I’m just over 2 weeks into stage one, and your symptoms sound exactly like mine in the first few days! The first day I had a terrible headache/stiff neck and body aches and I vomited up my dinner the first night due to the headache! (sorry tmi). The next few days I felt so sick with headache/nausea, I actually thought I had a virus until I saw my naturopath who told me its normal. Anyway I found taking a hot bath with himalayan salts or epsom salts really really REALLY helped, and drinking alot of water.
    I still feel nauseous alot, and hungry because alot of the food choices make my stomach turn, weirdly. I kinda wished that I had eased into the diet rather than go cold turkey, but the worst is over and if anything that sickness at the beginning motivates me to keep going – no way do I want to go back to square one!

Best of luck!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Allira.

If the hot bath with salts helped, it’s my guess that you were experiencing die-off symptoms.

You will probably continue to experience mild to semi-mild die-off symptoms for a while. There’s no sense in having that aggravating nauseous feeling all the time because there are products out there that will greatly reduce all die-off symptoms.

One of the products is called Molybdenum which an essential mineral that the human body needs and is found in trace amounts in vegetables that grow above ground. When the human body is going through the stress of a Candida infestation and so many toxins are being released by Candida die-off, extra amounts of nearly all nutrients are needed. The role that Molybdenum plays in this is removing acetaldehyde from the body. Acetaldehyde is a byproduct of ethanol which is produced by Candida. It is believed that acetaldehyde is the main toxin responsible for the majority of the debilitating symptoms of die-off such as brain-fog and lack of balance.

When the die-off symptoms of nausea and just plain feeling like you’re taking the flue hits you, and you’re needing immediate relief, the product Candidate from Native Remedies is a product that can offer instant-relief.
    Candidate is also a natural product which contains pau d’arco, marigold, and lemon grass.

Good luck to you, Able.

Merey

Thanks again Able!

I’m glad I checked my topic again since even after taking 10 days to ween off of everything I still ended up with a terrible migraine and am nauseous again. I will try the salt baths and get those remedies you mentioned. I’m actually glad it’s not just because of low-blood sugar, because I was doing everything I could to keep that up!

Thanks again for all your advice, it’s so nice to have so many other people out there willing to talk and share their stories and knowledge.

Mere

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

I got terrible headaches 1-2 times a week during about the first 5 weeks of diet due to die-off. Keep up with the diet it eventually gets better. Headaches stopped once had a large portion of candida gone. Unfortunately my will power has been not so well last couple months, so need to start over. Had a headache last week, so knew what it was. Excruciating though.

Amz
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

Hi there,
    I also suffer from low blood sugar and day one and two I felt a bit dizzy and nauseous but I woke up on day three and almost fainted and vomited and extreme dizziness! I normally get little headed in the mornings but as soon as I eat something with sugar and have my coffee I’m fine. I suffer badly from Candida though and want nothing more then to clear it up! I have spent a lot of money on doctors at medication that was “meant” to help but its only gotten worse! My sister said that I should try this diet as it has cleared up her Candida. Anyways all that to say I really want to do this detox and then the candida diet because I’m sick of having Candida but I also don’t want to faint or vomit at work! So is there a good detox that I can do for the first 2or 3 weeks then move on to the normal diet? If anyone knows one step by step that would really help 🙂
    And I have been drinking that gross drink with the psyllium husk fibre and bentonite clay but on the other forms people mentioned that its very bad for you. So what should I drink instead? And is olive leaf extract(in drop form) a good anti fungal? If not what is better? Thx so much guys! This sight is a life saver!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Amz wrote: Hi there,
    I also suffer from low blood sugar and day one and two I felt a bit dizzy and nauseous but I woke up on day three and almost fainted and vomited and extreme dizziness! I normally get little headed in the mornings but as soon as I eat something with sugar and have my coffee I’m fine. I suffer badly from Candida though and want nothing more then to clear it up! I have spent a lot of money on doctors at medication that was “meant” to help but its only gotten worse! My sister said that I should try this diet as it has cleared up her Candida. Anyways all that to say I really want to do this detox and then the candida diet because I’m sick of having Candida but I also don’t want to faint or vomit at work! So is there a good detox that I can do for the first 2or 3 weeks then move on to the normal diet? If anyone knows one step by step that would really help 🙂
    And I have been drinking that gross drink with the psyllium husk fibre and bentonite clay but on the other forms people mentioned that its very bad for you. So what should I drink instead? And is olive leaf extract(in drop form) a good anti fungal? If not what is better? Thx so much guys! This sight is a life saver!

Hi Amz,
    you wrote that you are low on blood sugar. Do you know that for a fact? I always thought that I am low on blood sugar and I thought I am too have a very bad blood pressure. Now when I started with the diet I experienced such a chock of the system that I literally thought I would die. I woke up in the middle of night and had the feeling my body is totally freaking out with cramps, tremors, hyperventilation and panic attack. I never had that in 49 years of my life. I thought I was sure to have a sugar collapse and was eating in total fear everything I could get my hands on from bananas, to bread, to tea with lots of sugar. I talked to Able and he doubted me that I had a sugar black out and I went onto the diet again. Next time around I had the same experience I run over to my neighbour who is diabetic. We checked my blood and it was totally perfect in sugar levels. Still I thought I was going to freak out with symptoms. Then I had my blood pressure checked. I was drunk for month with brain fog, cold hands, shivering, tremors etc and thought I am sure to have at least low blood pressure. BUT NO! Perfect! The toxins in the system play havoc but there is no problem with the sugar and the blood pressure.

It is possible that you have low blood sugar but don’t assume it. Do it like me and check it out then you know and start to wonder. I still cant understand how it is possible to feel so bad and still cant prove it.

yours
    Thomas

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I practically passed out on the morning of the 4th day myself. It takes a while for your body to adjust to using fat as its primary source of energy. Until it does, you’ll suffer from hypoglycemia-style symptoms like weakness, irritability and sugar cravings, which could be quite severe depending how carby your diet used to be. Die-off and caffeine withdrawal only make things worse.

My advice is to eat something with a good amount of calories as late as possible (three hours before bed or so) and to be very careful in the mornings. I usually sit up in bed and let my head adjust for a couple of minutes. After a couple of weeks the cravings largely disappeared for me, and now even if I’m in a shop surrounded by my favourite foods I’m more concerned about the sugar, junk fats and other additives they put in the stuff than actually eating it. It’s like the smokescreen has been lifted.

Amz
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

I do surfer from low blood sugar, I went for the tests awhile ago. My normal diet before was very low card but in the mornings to help boost my sugar I would eat fruit with yogurt and coffee. And on the wkend I would normally go out for dinner or lunches not really being strict.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Mercy I am happy you made this post! I am very glad you are feeling better! Great advice about eating some nut butter before bed :). I am constantly feeling light headed. Since last year I probably passed out 3 to 4 times. I cant remember the exact amount. One time I pretty sure was because of some medication. But the other times I about to have a bowel movement or during one. Does anyone have ideas why this could be happening?

During one time when I passed out I hit my head. My husband heard me hit the ground and came to help me. He said I had a small seizure like thing afterwords. We told my doctor but I had already gotten all the work up I need on the brain a month before, and everything was normal, so she did not know what to do. She said it must be the flu and I am not getting enough water.

This passing out usually does happen along with flu like symptoms that come back every couple of months. I feel like it is probably a parasite but maybe someone else has an idea that I should look into. I don’t think it is low blood sugar because I believe I was tested for that. Thank you as always. Your insight is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Lauren

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Almost passed out in 2nd day. Need advice!’ is closed to new replies.