Almonds? Red Pepper?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Almonds? Red Pepper?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alexisMCA 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

alexisMCA
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 33

I have been eating almonds they are just plain almonds with sea salt only ingredients. I have read almonds can be bad for candida on other sites.

Question: Anyone have issue with almonds? I am going to stop eating them and see if my symptoms improve.

Red Bell peppers? I have been eating red bell peppers also. Anyone experience symptoms from these I read they are technically a fruit as are avocado, cucumber as discussed above in another post.

It narrows down food rapidly but I don’t mind if I can feel better.

Thanks!

FishaOfMen
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 29

I haven’t tried red bell peppers since starting the diet. I have tried almonds, though. It went poorly. People cite 2 reasons for this. First, molds coat the outer layer of almonds. This isn’t good for candida sufferers. Second, about 20% of the fats in almonds are polyunsaturated trans fatty acids. They cause inflammation in the gut, impair the action of some digestive enzymes, and inhibit some detoxification enzymes.

Have you seen Raster’s safe foods list? (https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/rasters-safe-food-list-3/) It should help a lot. I’d recommend going on the strict stage 1 diet. After a couple weeks you can try some of these foods and see if your body can handle them.

alexisMCA
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 33

Thank you! Had bad die-off detox symptoms yesterday so laying off my natural anti-fungals and was eating heavy on the almonds dry roasted with sea salt I love em but not enough to be sick over! Also red peppers. Will go easy. I guess being on day 18 I am stage 1 so have to tread lightly.

Thanks a million for sharing this link!

-Alexis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Almonds? Red Pepper?’ is closed to new replies.