almond milk question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions almond milk question

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Miriam 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

jake43214
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9

as almonds and similar nuts have traces of mold, might almond milk have the same trace amounts?

the website of the brand i have says this :

Only nuts that match our stringent standards for size, density and color make the cut. The winners are shelled, toasted and ground before being blended with pure filtered water, along with other ingredients like vitamins, minerals and a touch of natural flavor. Simple, isn’t it? And simply impossible to resist.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

jake43214;33278 wrote: …along with other ingredients like vitamins, minerals and a touch of natural flavor.

That could be anything.
    Check the ingredients.

jake43214

All Natural Almondmilk (Filtered Water, Almonds), Calcium Carbonate, Sea Salt, Natural Flavor, Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum, Sunflower Lecithin, D-Alpha-Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D2.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s best to make it homemade to ensure that there are no molds or additives. I mean, what are natural flavors?

-raster

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

jake43214;33278 wrote: as almonds and similar nuts have traces of mold, might almond milk have the same trace amounts?

the website of the brand i have says this :

Only nuts that match our stringent standards for size, density and color make the cut. The winners are shelled, toasted and ground before being blended with pure filtered water, along with other ingredients like vitamins, minerals and a touch of natural flavor. Simple, isn’t it? And simply impossible to resist.

Why not just go with unsweetened Coconut milk? It is also a great tasting item and you need not worry about the mold issue, assuming you get the unsweetened variety.

jake43214

because i have a cartoon of this almond, and theres no natural flavors.. dont know what you mean

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

jake43214;33291 wrote: All Natural Almondmilk (Filtered Water, Almonds), Calcium Carbonate, Sea Salt, [h]Natural Flavor[/h], Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum, Sunflower Lecithin, D-Alpha-Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D2.

Natural flavour bolded. That could be anything. They don’t say what it is.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Hey Jake, I love almond milk too. I get the unsweetened organic version. Organic is less likely to have any weird additives. Good luck!

yeastygut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

I would just like to point out how ridiculously easy it is to make your own nut/seed milk. I had seen people suggesting to make your own because you never know what ingredients are in the packaged kinds, but little did I know that it takes aboutt ten minutes to make a half gallon of seed milk. I made pumpkin seed milk with a recipe from Sandor Katz’s “Wild Fermentation.”

2 c pumpkin seeds (or any type of seed or nut; almonds need to be boiled briefly then have their skins removed)
    water

-Place seeds/nuts in a blender and blend into a fine meal.
    -add 1/2 c water and blend into a paste
    -add 3 c more water and blend
    -strain with cheesecloth into separate bowl to get little bits of seed out. —-> I chose not to strain mine because the result was so creamy and thick, which was exactly what I was aiming for. You can also choose to add more or less water to reach your desired milk consistency.

This is much cheaper, more delicious, healthier, and you don’t waste all the packaging you would otherwise accumulate from buying cartons and cartons of milk from the store.

nathalietorresb
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

This is the recipe i use for almond milk:

http://glutenfreefix.com/raw-almond-milk/557/

takes 10 min

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I get it Jake, you have a carton of almond milk that you don’t want to go to waist.
    You could just drink it and risk that it might not effect you. Or, if you are going to cheat then you could just sit down and enjoy a handfull of blueberries.

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

Hi Jake 43241,
    I actucually use the product that you are refering to. I have contacted the company and they don’t give the properties of natural flavor. I did explain our concern with that food ingredient. She is going to look in to it and call me. I will post the info. The number to call the company is 1-888-820-9283. I am a diabetic and it can be difficult to find products that are beneficial for me. I use the product and will continue to do so. Kefir is also a healthy refreshing beverage. It can be purchased from Cultures for Health. They are great grains and the people at the company don’ mind answering quesions. I make mine with coconut milk as I have difficulties with milk. Hope this helps you out.

Miriam

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘almond milk question’ is closed to new replies.