Almond flour and hazelnut flour/bread

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Almond flour and hazelnut flour/bread

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nia 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

K
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hi, I’ve been browsing through my library’s copy of The Candida Free Cookbook: 125 Recipes to Beat cookbook looking for candida safe recipes (because I’m no chef and need ideas and step by step instructions on how to make meals. I don’t cook for myself ordinarily, so adjusting to this whole “needing to cook every meal from scratch” deal has been a challenge, to say the least…). I found these recipes for breads in there and have tried and liked them:

Spinach Bread: 2.5c almond flour, .25 tsp sea salt, 2 tsp baking powder, 1.5c finely chopped spinach, 4 eggs, .25c coconut oil or olive oil, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Coconut Bread: 5 eggs, 2 tbsp coconut oil, stevia to taste, .25 tsp sea salt, .25c coconut flour, .25c buckwheat flour, .25c coconut milk, 1tsp baking powder

Basic Candida Safe Bread: 2c flaxseed meal, 1c almond flour, 1c hazelnut flour, .25c whole flaxseeds, .25c sesame seeds, .25 tsp baking soda, .25 tsp sea salt, .25c unsweetened almond milk, 8 egg whites, .25 tsp liquid stevia

I liked the basic candida safe bread and spinach bread more so than the coconut one, although that may be because I had to improvise and make my own coconut flour by grinding flaked coconut because my grocery store doesn’t carry coconut flour, just almond and hazelnut flours.

Except…. I was just browsing the forums and now I’m seeing on here that almond flour and hazelnut flour are apparently off limits? Why is that? I thought almonds and hazelnuts were safe nuts because they don’t have a high mold content like peanuts do. There’s a lot of conflicting information about what you can and can’t eat and it’s all very confusing and it’s making my search for recipes that I’ll like and enjoy difficult and discouraging.

Nia
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 46

Phytic acids. Google it.
    They are in all grains and nuts.
    They are so the worst kind of inflammation causing compound.

I gave it all up late in the game and it was the missing link to healing my gut.

That is why it’s on a lot of prohibited list for many diets.

Paleo to Candida to Aip.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Almond flour and hazelnut flour/bread’ is closed to new replies.