Almond Flour

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Almond Flour

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

I know Almond Flour isn’t allowed since it contains mold, but I can’t tolerate any of the flours on the food list, and without those, the all-vegetable-diet can be a bit tricky in the long run (especially when I have to limit what vegetables I eat, since my stomach is sensitive to fiber).

Isn’t there anything you could do with Almond Flour to make it more tolerable? Like, putting it in the oven for a while to burn away the mold, or … You see what I’m after?

Thanks in advance!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Have you tried almond meal? I haven’t seen almond flour before, so don’t know anything about it…

Have you tried teff or buckwheat flours?

-raster

Angor

raster wrote: Have you tried almond meal? I haven’t seen almond flour before, so don’t know anything about it…

Have you tried teff or buckwheat flours?

-raster

I’ve tried it a couple of weeks ago, but I don’t remember how I did react since it was just in the beginning of my diet. I think almond flour and almond meal is the same thing different name 🙂

I also tried buckwheat it gave me bad gas.

Any ideas on the Almond Flour? Oven mold burn ..?

raster
    Participant

I don’t think the almond meal/flour contains many molds; I never had a reaction to it and I am very sensitive to molds. They might use fresher almonds or only use the inside part of the almond (not the outside).

-raster

Angor

raster wrote: I don’t think the almond meal/flour contains many molds; I never had a reaction to it and I am very sensitive to molds. They might use fresher almonds or only use the inside part of the almond (not the outside).

-raster

Oh. Thanks. Then, there’s maybe another reason their not allowed? Why is it? 🙂

raster
    Participant

I’d ask able about it and why its not on the list. I think it should at least be included in the test food item part of the page. He did make it more strict than before…I bet his main concern is molds.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Almond Flour’ is closed to new replies.