ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

This topic contains 277 replies, has 72 voices, and was last updated by  Finn Felton 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 278 total)
  • Author

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I take it bean sprouts are okay? They have the same carb stats as a turnip, and three times the protein.

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

I was wondering about ginger last night. It has a lot of good health properties, and while it does seem a bit on the sweet/starchy side, it’s rarely eaten in large quantities (usually as a powder or a marble-sized pile of grated raw ginger).

Javizy

Himawari wrote: I was wondering about ginger last night. It has a lot of good health properties, and while it does seem a bit on the sweet/starchy side, it’s rarely eaten in large quantities (usually as a powder or a marble-sized pile of grated raw ginger).

Ginger is part of the detox drink, isn’t it? I assumed it was allowed.

garrus
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9

so is brown rice bran flour the same as Bob’s Red Mill Organic Brown Rice Flour?

Frenchy
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Is there a “do not eat list” for either phase 1 or 2? Sometimes its easier for me to see the do not rather than the do’s.

Questions:

1. Is tofu okay?
    2. Corn – specifically corn tortillas?
    3. Can I use canned beans instead of dry?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Those items are not on the allowed food list frenchy and should be avoided. Corn contains sugar and tofu is highly inflammatory. All soy products are to be avoided. If you want to see a decent foods to avoid list, check out the main website.

Garrus: Brown rice flour is different than rice bran. Bob’s red mill also makes rice bran.

Himawari: Ginger is allowed

Javizy: I believe bean sprouts are OK also and are highly nutritous (from what I’ve heard).

-Raster

garrus

So Raster, would that mean I couldn’t have Brown Rice Flour? And also I don’t see Brown Rice Bran Flour, only Rice Bran Flour, is that what you were talking about?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Brown rice flour isn’t allowed but ric bran flour is allowed. I personally was allergic to rice bran flour, so consider it as a test food item.

-Raster

garrus

Got it, thanks!

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I’ve noticed that coriander and curry powder are not on the list. Any particular reason why? What about organic coriander/curry powder with nothing added?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

M wrote: I’ve noticed that coriander and curry powder are not on the list. Any particular reason why? What about organic coriander/curry powder with nothing added?

Cilantro is the Spanish word for coriander leaves and cilantro was already on the list; coriander is a Greek word. Many of people use cilantro to chelate mercury from their body.

The roots of the turmeric plant are ground up and used in curry powders, turmeric is on the list but I’ve added curry. Curry can actually be used as a detoxing agent. Both of these are acceptable on the diet.

Able

garrus

Hey Raster/Able, so why isn’t regular brown rice flour allowed? I keep seeing it everywhere for the Candida Diet, and since brown rice is on the main website, I’m not sure why brown rice flour wouldn’t be good, but maybe I’m missing something.

Javizy

garrus wrote: Hey Raster/Able, so why isn’t regular brown rice flour allowed? I keep seeing it everywhere for the Candida Diet, and since brown rice is on the main website, I’m not sure why brown rice flour wouldn’t be good, but maybe I’m missing something.

Compared to buckwheat, it has a higher GI, less fibre and protein, and a slight amount of sugar. It’s not really much over white rice, and is overrated as a health food.

I’m still not sure what makes buckwheat and oat bran so much better than the alternatives given the nutritional facts alone. Oat bran in particular is pretty close to normal oats. Maybe the type of polysaccharides or something? The question about why sugar is okay here but not there is still a bit of a mystery to me.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I’ve had a reaction to brown rice so it’s off the menu for the time being. It gave me dry, sore lips though I’m still in stage/phase one of the diet so probably not the best time to be eating it.

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

I’ve recently started the candida diet again after stopping it at christmas so I am at the beginning stage again. I just wondered whether almond milk is okay in stage one as I read a post by Able that almond flour is okay once baked because the mold will be killed. Would this work in the same way for almond milk if heated?

Also I was just wondering why blueberries or raspberries are not a test food after 4 weeks, like the granny smith apple. I thought these two fruits had less fructose in them than the apple?

Also are yeast free stocks allowed? Ingredients: sea salt, hydrolysed soya and maize protein, vegetable fat, carrot, onion, tomato, herbs (lovage, parsley), spices (celery, pepper, mace, tumeric).

Sorry one last question!

How often can stevia be eaten?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 278 total)

The topic ‘ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.