ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

This topic contains 277 replies, has 72 voices, and was last updated by  Finn Felton 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 278 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

JohnnyPonny wrote: Hey Able900
    Wy don’t you recommend beans in stage 2 and buckwheat is ok? Buckwheat has has higher glymetisk index as fare as I can see in my research.
    Noticed that some beans have a higher gl index than others.
    Btw thanks for all the time you put into researching and answering. Many interesting threads and subjects on the forum.

Look at the phase 2 list again; let me know if you can’t see “dried beans” listed, maybe I’m seeing things.

Phase 2 of the Diet
    Foods that can be introduced once the Candida symptoms have basically vanished, usually two to four months into phase 1.
    Red peppers
    Millet (if there was a problem with this during stage 1)
    Tomatoes
    Granny Smith apples (can possibly be a test food item 4 weeks into stage 1)
    Dried beans
    Cashews & almonds (preferably soaked in water for several hours to remove any possible mold)
    Occasionally organic beef, but still no pork.
    Pure coconut milk

Able

JohnnyPonny
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

Ah sorry. I meant the foods u allow after 3 weeks(2 weeks on the diet).

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

I don’t see parsley on the list. When can I introduce it?

Able900
    Spectator

mstewart wrote: I don’t see parsley on the list. When can I introduce it?

Parsley is alright on the diet. Parsley tea is good for treating bladder and urinary tract infections (UTI). it’s also used to treat kidney stones, liver, and prostrate problems. You can introduce it anytime after the cleanse.

Canish
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

In your leaky gut thread you mentioned oat bran, can we eat oat bran in stage 1 ?

Also one more small question:
    You recommend anti fungals for around 2 week use, otherwise candida will adapt
    to the antifungal and become resistant, after it became resistant, how long
    does it take to become weak again against the overused antifungal? Does it take
    forever or?
    It would be great to know what antifungals have what timing, i heard grape fruit
    seed antifungal gets resisted quickest? I have this picture that some antifungals
    dont really have the resistance problem like onion / garlic?

Thanks for this great thread!

Able900
    Spectator

Jigidog wrote: In your leaky gut thread you mentioned oat bran, can we eat oat bran in stage 1?Also one more small question: You recommend anti fungals for around 2 week use, otherwise candida will adapt to the antifungal and become resistant, after it became resistant, how long does it take to become weak again against the overused antifungal? Does it take forever or?
    It would be great to know what antifungals have what timing, i heard grape fruit
    seed antifungal gets resisted quickest? I have this picture that some antifungals
    dont really have the resistance problem like onion / garlic?

Whole food sources of antifungals do not need to be stopped and restarted several weeks later. I’m speaking of whole foods such as raw or roasted garlic, avocados, coconut oil, and onions. Even black olives contain the antifungal antioxidant polyphenol. Of course if the black olives are packed in white distilled vinegar this will render the olives useless and even jeopardize your treatment.

On the other hand, antifungals such as oil of oregano, garlic pills, and the grapefruit seed extract which you mentioned should be alternated every few weeks.

Quote: It would be great to know what antifungals have what timing.

Reply: Rotating every two weeks is a good average for all antifungals because that’s about how long it takes GSE to run its course with the Candida. Waiting a month or so to start it back normally works well. By this time you’ve hopefully destroyed a large number of the fungi that were around a month earlier, and will be working on a whole new generation of fungi who have not been subjected to the GSE.

Able

Canish
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

Thanks for the reply able!
    Ill keep on eating garlic then! I guess olive oil classifies as
    whole food aswell?

By the way what do you think of the previously mentioned oat bran?
    Iam confused on it as isnt it supposed to be bad? Why do you suggest it
    to leaky gut then?

Thanks for all the help you have given!

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

What’s the consensus on fish oil? Are there any brands people recommend if it’s allowed? I’m currently taking this one which is really high in DHA/EPA. It contains small amounts of natural orange oil and amla fruit though. I’m not always sure how to decide based on sugar, since a few slices of onion would probably contain 10 times as much as something you’d get in a small dosage of a supplement.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Able, I am now 1.5 month in the first stage of our diet and wonder
    if I can dare to test almond flour. Our organic store in town got that now in stock and I wondered if I can mix it into my coconut bread mix? What do you think about almond flour is it a good food source. Is there a danger in feeding the candida with it?

Thanks
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Thomas.

Almond flour couldn’t feed the Candida unless there’s something else mixed with it. The flour may possibly contain a bit of mold, but by baking the bread this would destroy any mold that may have remained on the flour.

Since you’re about to start a probiotic, I would wait for at least a week before trying the almond flour. Also, be sure not to start anything else new including antifungals otherwise, if you receive any type of reaction you won’t be able to tell which product caused the reaction.

Able

Javizy

Is flaxseed oil allowed? I’ve seen some posts on here about people being allergic to ground flax, but I wonder if this applies to the oil, too. Sesame seed oil is recommended on here, but the seeds are also a problem for some people.

The reason I ask is because I’d bet money I have an imbalance in the kind of fats in my body, since I’ve never included fish in my diet and hardly any vegetables, while eating tons of candy, baked goods etc full of junk fats. I’ve read that flax oil is a good choice for quickly restoring balance. If not, would some kind of omega-3 fish oil and something like primrose oil be acceptable?

Javizy

Me again. Just wondering about tahini. It has something like 25g of carbs with 0 sugar and 9g fibre. It’s also high in protein (and fat for those who need calories). It’s delicious as a peanut butter replacement or condiment and mixed with Greek yogurt and lemon juice as a dip or dressing. I know seeds aren’t allowed, but if oil is, maybe seeds ground into a paste would be okay too.

Forgot to mention that the seeds tend to be hulled, which I assume would remove any mould (mold).

Able900
    Spectator

Javizy wrote: Me again. Just wondering about tahini. It has something like 25g of carbs with 0 sugar and 9g fibre. It’s also high in protein (and fat for those who need calories). It’s delicious as a peanut butter replacement or condiment and mixed with Greek yogurt and lemon juice as a dip or dressing. I know seeds aren’t allowed, but if oil is, maybe seeds ground into a paste would be okay too. Forgot to mention that the seeds tend to be hulled, which I assume would remove any mould (mold).

Hello, Javizy.

Since the sesame seeds are hulled, toasted and then ground to produce the oily paste, I would imagine the mold has been removed, and they’re probably fine, but definitely treat them as a test food first. This means to have only a very small amount the first day, then wait three days to see if you have a reaction, if you do, avoid it for another month or so. But if you do not, then it should be safe on your diet. If you decide to test it, please let me know about the outcome.

Thanks, Able

Javizy

Yeah, I was planning to treat it as a test food. The coconut should get me through the first couple of months, and then something like tahini will make a nice treat.

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Replies: 73

Bump

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 278 total)

The topic ‘ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.