ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

This topic contains 277 replies, has 72 voices, and was last updated by  Finn Felton 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 278 total)
  • Author

Caitie
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 12

Thanks so much Able!

Also, is bob’s red mill millet flour okay? As they have millet and millet flour, so I wasn’t sure if we could only have millet?

Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Millet is allowed (per my naturopath), but it would be best to alternate any foods that you eat (so eat millet like 3x per week). Try any food as a test food.

Proposal: Lets amend the list and repost, and delete this thread because it is now 5 pages long. Just an idea.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote: Proposal: Lets amend the list and repost, and delete this thread because it is now 5 pages long. Just an idea.

Raster, as far as deleting and restarting this post is concerned, I’ve “amended” the original post every time I’ve added a food item to it. There’s nothing wrong with a 5-page post in my opinion; just that much more information contained in one area, plus this is all about “The Diet” which is what the majority of the members seem to be most interested in. Deleting a post just because it grows long, i.e. full of important information, isn’t the wisest of ideas, is it?

If the administration believes that the post is too long, I imagine they’ll simply start a new one but not delete this one considering all the information that so many pages can contain.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds good able…no big deal, just wanted to suggest some “cleaning up.” I do various types of data cleanups for my job so I guess it is ingrained in who I am.

I’d like to submit teff flour as an allowed food item, here is my post about it from a few weeks back:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1477_Introducing-a-new-baking-flour-TEFF-Flour.aspx

I’ve eaten it for a few weeks straight now and I really like it and am not allergic to it.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: I’d like to submit teff flour as an allowed food item, here is my post about it from a few weeks back:
    I’ve eaten it for a few weeks straight now and I really like it and am not allergic to it.

Done deal, Raster. But I listed it as a “test food” since it’s a grain, like I did millet.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

How about nutmeg and allspice?

Appreciate your help! 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

kirstyk4 wrote: How about nutmeg and allspice?

These are fine, Kirsty.
    Thanks.

Trixie
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hi all

What about gogi berries? I saw a post ages ago where Able you said that it could be ok to start a small amount as a test food but I can’t find the post just to confirm.

I also had some rhubarb and even without sweetening it was lovely with my greek yogurt!!

Thanks
    Trix x

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Hey Able and Raster!

How does this mustard look? Would it make the allowed foods list for stage 1/2 of the diet?

https://www.naturalgrocery.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?prod_code=5060103394234

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Noticed one of the ingredients of a baking soda (aluminum free) was corn starch. I think the answer is most likey no, but wanted to double check if okay anyway.

Able900
    Spectator

Katy Gillett wrote: Hey Able and Raster! How does this mustard look? Would it make the allowed foods list for stage 1/2 of the diet?
    https://www.naturalgrocery.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?prod_code=5060103394234

Hi, Katy.

The ingredients read “cider vinegar” so I can only assume they’re talking about apple cider. If it is, it’s fine; it’s your call.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

kirstyk4 wrote: Noticed one of the ingredients of a baking soda (aluminum free) was corn starch. I think the answer is most likey no, but wanted to double check if okay anyway.

Kirsty, lots of folks have used this baking soda in making coconut bread throughout their treatment with no problems. I’m guessing it’s because there’s only a little that’s ingested in a slice of bread since you use only a small amount in the entire loaf. This is another one that I leave up to the individual, so if you’d feel safer leaving it alone, again, that’s your call.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Thanks for all your effort Able. There’s a lot of great info here and I feel more confident about starting my diet with every page I read.

One of my favourite spices is fennel. Star anise is great for making a Chinese 5 spice mix, and fenugreek and bay leaves go well in curry. Fennel especially is said to have a number of health benefits, but what about as part of a candida diet?

The post about fermented foods made me wonder about soy sauce, tofu and miso. All great ingredients for stir-fries and soups. Is soy completely off limits? I’m beginning to wonder how I’ll survive if I move to Japan next year…

If it’s not too many questions, is organic lamb really a no-go? I thought it was healthier than beef, and certainly healthier than pork.

I’ve seen wasabi mentioned a few times so far, but the ones I’ve bought in the past contain sugar and wheat flour as well as preservatives – even the Japanese brands. I assume everyone reads the ingredients list thoroughly though, right?

Able900
    Spectator

Javizy wrote: Thanks for all your effort Able. There’s a lot of great info here and I feel more confident about starting my diet with every page I read.
    One of my favourite spices is fennel. Star anise is great for making a Chinese 5 spice mix, and fenugreek and bay leaves go well in curry. Fennel especially is said to have a number of health benefits, but what about as part of a candida diet?
    The post about fermented foods made me wonder about soy sauce, tofu and miso. All great ingredients for stir-fries and soups. Is soy completely off limits? I’m beginning to wonder how I’ll survive if I move to Japan next year…
    If it’s not too many questions, is organic lamb really a no-go? I thought it was healthier than beef, and certainly healthier than pork.
    I’ve seen wasabi mentioned a few times so far, but the ones I’ve bought in the past contain sugar and wheat flour as well as preservatives – even the Japanese brands. I assume everyone reads the ingredients list thoroughly though, right?

Yes, Jav, learning to read and understand all ingredients is an important part of a Candida treatment.

Soy products of any type are not recommended on the diet, Jav, but if you want to use it, just test it by using a small amount only then waiting two days to see if there is a reaction.

Fennel seed is actually a semi-mild antifungal, so there should be no problem with it. Fennel and bay leaf have both been added to the herb section of the allowed foods list.

Lamb in itself isn’t the problem; the problem is the pure animal protein which when broken down by our enzymes, creates ammonia gases which are an added toxin which the liver is required to deal with along with the Candida toxins. But ammonia presents double trouble, because once in our system it only adds to a beneficial environment for Candida to thieve.

Able

JohnnyPonny
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

Hey Able900

Wy don’t you recommend beans in stage 2 and buckwheat is ok? Buckwheat has has higher glymetisk index as fare as I can see in my research.

Noticed that some beans have a higher gl index than others.

Btw thanks for all the time you put into researching and answering. Many interesting threads and subjects on the forum.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 278 total)

The topic ‘ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.