ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

This topic contains 277 replies, has 72 voices, and was last updated by  Finn Felton 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 278 total)
  • Author

Munoz
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 32

Thanks Able to take the time to put all this info together, very helpful. I am a single mom and I work Mon- Sat, I really dont have time to be sick, so last week when I really felt sick and weak I had the greek yogurt twice in one day, and the following I had all my vegetables and for protein I had canned sardines, I have been eating 4 times a day or more,I add crushed garlic to everything, I added the breads, I am on the grapeseed oil and apple cider vinegar and 1 yogurt a day with the probiotic, Milk tistle, vitamin C, and multivitamin, I still have some pain in my right side, and a bit of nausea in the morning, but I feel much better.

Sardines in can are OK?

I found in whole foods an “Organic creamed coconut” is a paste but you can disolve it with water, is Unsweetened. I like the taste. is only $2.99

I have heard that chlorella is avery good supplement, what is your opinion?

Thanks again

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Good evening, Munoz.

Chlorella is a type of algae very much like spirulina. It’s a great antioxidant, and the dried form contains a quality protein in the amount of 40% along with various vitamins and minerals. A good dosage is 3 to 5 grams a day. Since heavy metals often play a role in a Candida infestation, chlorella is useful for binding and removing heavy metals from the body.

Adding crushed garlic to everything is smart, and canned sardines are fine, but I wouldn’t eat them more than 2 or 3 times a week. The creamed coconut is excellent for the Candida diet, and blending it, along with a little Stevia, to bowl of plain yogurt makes a tasty, filling and healthy snack.

Able

Canish
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

Hi able!

Nice list you got there! But i have been wondering, can
    i have the following things you havent listed in stage 1.

Grape seed flour
    Pumpkin seed flour
    Bio Brown rice flour ( couldnt find brown rice bran flour )
    Nori is categorized as seaweed or not?
    Cold pressed sesame oil?

Also, if iam a bit sensitive to eggs at the moment, and im
    introducing it slowly to my rotation, does that mean that
    breads made by these flours are a no no?

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Jig. Your questions are answered below.

Grape seed flour is full of nutrients, plus it’s over 50% roughage, I don’t see why there would be a problem with using it on a Candida diet plan.

Pumpkin seed flour: Mold is normally a problem with all pumpkin seed products, however, during the baking process the mold is usually removed. Still, I would prefer using the GS flour over this.

Bio Brown rice flour (couldnt find brown rice bran flour ): Can you obtain buckwheat in Finland? If not, this one would probably be alright used in a mixture with the grape seed flour.

Quote: Nori is categorized as seaweed or not?
    Reply: Yes, that’s correct.

Quote: Cold pressed sesame oil?
    Reply: Cold-pressed oils are preferred, sesame oil is fine.

Able

ray.of.light
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 16

Hey Everyone –

What about Leeks??

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Leeks are fine… in the onion family.

Lovely sauteed slowly in coconut oil or in soups.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

How about Game meat? Like Venison, Partridge, Quail, Pheasant. These are all wild (or on small farms) here in Ireland so I presume they won’t have antibiotics etc.

Also Duck – I love duck!! What do you think?

I’m only into my 3rd week on stage 1 so am not talking about introducing them now… but I have over 50 cook books staring down at me wondering when they’re going to get an airing again!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think wild game including crocodiles/alligators is allowed.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping post.

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

On fermented foods:

I live in Asia, where the grocery stores abound with various fermented items.

I had read somewhere that fermented foods are a problem when combating yeast, and over-consumption of fermented foods can help prompt an overgrowth in the first place. So I’ve been avoiding anything and everything fermented.

So I was surprised (and thrilled) to see kim chi on the acceptable list. Kefir is a fermented food as well, right?

Questions:

– Are all fermented foods okay, given that their base ingredients are from the acceptable list? Or are there only certain fermented foods that are acceptable?

– Are fermented foods (esp. kim chi) something that are especially beneficial and should be consumed often, or just simply an okay food to eat? Is there a limit on how much I should be eating per day/week?

– Also, why is black pepper not on the acceptable list?

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

I was wondering about herbal teas looked around and tried the search option but didnt find anything.

Am i allowed to drink herbal teas like peppermint or other teas?
    I had today Pure coconut milk, I took only 100 g. How much should be allowed over the day?

Ah yes, I forgot. We eat here in the north moose and reindeer meat. Able how do you think about them. They are quite clean from nature but I don’t want to produce too much ammonia.

thank you
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Thomas wrote: I was wondering about herbal teas looked around and tried the search option but didnt find anything. Am i allowed to drink herbal teas like peppermint or other teas?
    I had today Pure coconut milk, I took only 100 g. How much should be allowed over the day?
    Ah yes, I forgot. We eat here in the north moose and reindeer meat. Able how do you think about them. They are quite clean from nature but I don’t want to produce too much ammonia.

Hello, Thomas.

As far as herbal teas are concerned, the only reason you don’t see a lot of information on the forum about these is because, most leaf-teas contain mold, and we all know what mold can do to a Candida infestation. If you can find an organic tea there’s less chance that it’ll contain mold. Nettle Leaf is quite beneficial, but I imagine most teas would be alright including peppermint which should help with digestion.

I just wouldn’t overdo it with the coconut milk, Thomas, a small amount each day should be fine. It looks like you had about 3 1/2 ounces, and I think 4-5 ounces at a time would be acceptable – unless you experience some type of reaction, of course.

As far as moose and reindeer meat are concerned; the advantage here of course is the lack of hormones and antibiotics, which is a huge plus. In addition, for the most part the industry treats beef with an ammonia process in order to kill E. coli, which only adds to the amount of ammonia a person would ingest, and this wouldn’t be a problem with wild game. That’s in the states of course, don’t know whether it’s done in Sweden or not. So, as you mentioned, there’s still the problem of ammonia being released when the meat protein breaks down, and for this reason I’d still eat it very sparingly, maybe three times a week at the most.

Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi Able,
    thank you for the info, I will keep my intake as well to the 2-3 times a week.
    I had now for weeks only fish and I talked to the shop here and ask if they could get me organic chicken and they are going to try.

I like to point you to a post which was written to you before my post from Himawari, I think she had some question to you about fermentation and food.

cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Himawari wrote: On fermented foods:
    I live in Asia, where the grocery stores abound with various fermented items.
    I had read somewhere that fermented foods are a problem when combating yeast, and over-consumption of fermented foods can help prompt an overgrowth in the first place. So I’ve been avoiding anything and everything fermented.
    So I was surprised (and thrilled) to see kim chi on the acceptable list. Kefir is a fermented food as well, right?
    Questions:
    – Are all fermented foods okay, given that their base ingredients are from the acceptable list? Or are there only certain fermented foods that are acceptable?
    – Are fermented foods (esp. kim chi) something that are especially beneficial and should be consumed often, or just simply an okay food to eat? Is there a limit on how much I should be eating per day/week?
    – Also, why is black pepper not on the acceptable list?

Fermented foods are allowed because the foods contain living microorganisms (bacteria) which are beneficial to the intestines as well as destroying Candida, in other words, these are a lot like taking a probiotic or kefir. As long as the fermentation is safe and done correctly, there should be no problems, and these foods can be eaten several times a day.

Of course pepper is acceptable for the diet.

Able

soldia4
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 27

Hey Able rastmaster and friends!,

Able thanks for these posts as they are helpful. I am confused however on the phases.

I am in phase 1 i guess? I am on day 5 (woot go me!) of eating just lemon water,

vitamineral green w/ water and green veggies and some vitamins. So i am waiting till

i stop having reactions and looking to my skin for that as i believe my eczema was

brought on by candida infestation. So i think this cleansing part/phase 1 you said

was a two week deal but to wait till i stop seeing reactions. (I was thinking 21 days

just in case.) In phase 2 i can start introducing things on your allowed foods list?

Phase 2 is after that phase 1/cleanse right? When does phase 3 take effect? In phase 3 are fruit

allowed? Berries that is> blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries etc. They have much less

sugar. I mean at some point we get fruit back in our diet. Is that phase 3? And i

must know, is cacao beans or nibs allowed at any point? I read that cacao beans

have no sugar. Kinda heartbroken since i read that those “chocolate” toasted nuts and

carob coconut blobs are not allowed because carob has sugar! I never knewww. Damn. I was thinking maybe i

could sub cacao beans/nibs for carob in those recipes.I was looking forward to

enjoying those in phase 3. Phase 3? When is phase 3 exactly? Thanks for listening guys. If

anyone could clear me up on the different phases (1,2 and 3) and when they happen,

what to look out for etc. it would be greatly appreciated. You guys are awesome as

always 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 278 total)

The topic ‘ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.