ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

This topic contains 277 replies, has 72 voices, and was last updated by  Finn Felton 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 278 total)
  • Author

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

You’re right Able.. I have been eating it throughout although I will go for a couple of weeks without and then sometimes just a tiny portion in a week. I do remember Hope saying she ate it in small portions a couple of times a day throughout her recovery and she managed to beat the beast.. but then again she did also say her infestation was always mild.

Just in case I’m cutting out the brown rice again for a while.

I’m still trying to shake the craving for baked goods which is leading me to eat a loaf of coconut bread a day!! Argh! But I’ve bought a half-size baking tin now haha so hopefully that will help.

I was also wondering what the deal is with tomatoes? Why aren’t they allowed?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Katy Gillett wrote: I was also wondering what the deal is with tomatoes? Why aren’t they allowed?

Hi, Katy. How’s your weekend going?

Actually tomatoes are one I debated over. Personally, I had no problem with them while others have. There’s also the debate as to whether tomatoes are a vegetable or a fruit. Officially, according to the scientific definition, tomatoes definitely belong in the fruit category. Fruits are basically grown from the ovary in the base of the flower or plant and contain seeds of the plant in the fruit itself (cultivated forms can be seedless but tomatoes naturally contain seeds). Look at an asparagus, broccoli crown or a head of cabbage, there’s an obvious difference just looking at a vegetable or fruit. Tomatoes contain about 3 grams of sugar and 5 grams of carbs.

Really they should be a test food for anyone.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping post for new readers.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What about flax seeds? Is this an iffy/borderline item?

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: What about flax seeds? Is this an iffy/borderline item?

Hi, Raster.
    This is another product that many people have reactions from, especially in the early part of the diet, but then others never have a problem. I would treat it as a test food only after the cleanse has been completed for at least a week.

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping post.

gcha8e
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 28

Able900 wrote: Bumping post.

Perhaps some admin should make this a sticky topic? 😀

How about Lime Juice? I personally prefer limes over lemons.

On the matter of citric acid, i read somewhere that citric acid is derived from Candida and should be avoided if you are infested, is that true? Is it a waste product of Candida?

Able900
    Spectator

gcha8e wrote: Perhaps some admin should make this a sticky topic? 😀
    How about Lime Juice? I personally prefer limes over lemons.
    On the matter of citric acid, i read somewhere that citric acid is derived from Candida and should be avoided if you are infested, is that true? Is it a waste product of Candida?

Lime juice is fine, if you prefer this over lemon water, go with it.

It’s not so much the citric acid in fruits that are ‘bad’ for Candida sufferers, but the fact that they’re alkalizing foods plus most are high in sugar. Lemons/limes are also alkalizing, but are an excellent detoxing agent; other fruits are not mainly because of their high sugar content.

Personally, I still use pure lemon water several times a week for purifying the system, and I’ve been cured from the Candida albicans for so many months I can no longer remember how many. I’m still completely without symptoms today, even though I’m drinking the lemon water several times a week.

Able

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

I have a new food query… What about olives?

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Bumping up for new members
    //Thomas

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

I am wondering about the amount and preparation of our food allowed list.
    When I fry Bell Peppers, onions and even garlic, They turn quite sweet. Is that a problem? Or should we eat them raw instead?

Are there limitations on the amount of veggies we can eat?

Could I make myself a sauce from 2 to 3 bell peppers, with onions and garlic, cooked slowly for an hour, adding some salt and oregano?

cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Thomas.

When we purchase and eat bell peppers or green peppers we’re actually eating them in an “un-ripened” state, so sautéing or boiling them with another food is really easier for the digestive process. Also, they normally have a sweet taste to them, but this is fine; you’re not going to receive too much sugar from green vegetables. As far as ‘too much’ is concerned, I imagine it’s possible to have too much of even a good thing, but I doubt you’re going to have too many vegetables as long as you’re having other foods in your diet.

The sauce you described sounds delicious … and perfect for the diet.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Katy Gillett wrote: I have a new food query… What about olives?

Katy! Geez lady, you never even say ‘hello’ anymore. You just use us and leave us.
    Darn, I feel so used and dirty lately – rofl.

The problem with olives is that they’re usually packed in distilled vinegar, but if they’re not, they’re fine on the diet.

Doin’ ok over there?

Able

fml432
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

Mussels? Clams? Oysters? Are these okay to eat? I did a forum search and saw this brought up once or twice, but I just wanted clarification. At the stage I’m in (just starting the diet, doing the detox, etc.), are these things to be avoided for any reason?

Able900
    Spectator

fml432 wrote: Mussels? Clams? Oysters? Are these okay to eat? I did a forum search and saw this brought up once or twice, but I just wanted clarification. At the stage I’m in (just starting the diet, doing the detox, etc.), are these things to be avoided for any reason?

Avoid these until about ten days after you start the detox or diet, whichever you choose to start with. At that time you’ll be going on the diet (stage one) and can add organic chicken and a type of seafood (no breading unless it’s coconut flour and/or oat bran) about three times a week.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 278 total)

The topic ‘ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.