ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

This topic contains 277 replies, has 72 voices, and was last updated by  Finn Felton 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 278 total)
  • Author

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

Able, it seems you’re somewhat a celebrity on here lol. I ask that you please look over this and tell me your opinion and please offer any advice.

Breakfast:
    3 organic eggs fried in very little olive oil, I break the yolks so they are done and not runny. I top them with black pepper and coconut oil.
    1000mg vitamin C
    Nature’s way grapefruit seed extract
    1000mcg Biotin
    (3)chlorella tablets

Lunch:
    Baked or grilled chicken or turkey (non organic)
    brocolli, green beans
    (2) Pau d’arco tablets

Dinner:
    baked or grilled fish, chicken or turkey (non organic)
    veggies from the stage 1 list
    boiled egg with sea salt
    1000mg vitamin C
    (3) chlorella tablets

Nature’s bounty Probiotic Acidophilus (2-3 tablets just before bed)

I am currently between jobs and organic is just not in the budget to be honest. It seems I am still healing though eating non organic, I feel better and a few days ago I was itching like crazy all over which I have read is part of the die off process. I am still itching a little but not as bad. I am looking forward to making bread with the coconut flour as soon as I can find a local place that sells it. Wish I would have known about that weeks ago.

Thank you so much for helping us new guys/girls out. It’s tough to find people that will listen, let alone offer help. You will be in my prayers!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

89Mirageman;

Most people cannot find coconut flour in a local store. It can be ordered from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019GZ7Z2/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000KENKZ8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=00HHNHYW5NZ6E4PX1GWN

1000mg vitamin C
    You can raise the V-C up to 3000 mg a day, 1000 mg per dose.

Nature’s way grapefruit seed extract
    This is one that, once you’ve finished the container you have, you can stop taking. GSE is one of many antifungals that Candida can adapt to fairly quickly, so eventually you’ll just be wasting your money.

Pau d’arco tablets

I would stop taking the Pau d’arco, it’s not going to cure the Candida, and it’s a blood thinner also.

Lunch:
    Baked or grilled chicken or turkey (non organic)
    Dinner:
    baked or grilled fish, chicken or turkey (non organic)

If there is any way you can remove one of these meat protein items and use eggs instead, it would be a better choice and more beneficial.

Nature’s bounty Probiotic Acidophilus
    Lactobacillus Acidophilus appears to be the only strain this probiotic. After you complete this container you should try to find one with more strains. Look for Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS-1 instead of regular Lactobacillus Acidophilus.

Let us know if you have other questions.
    Able

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

Hi Able, thanks for the message!

1) Ok I will start to raise my coconut oil from about 4 tablespoons (where it is now) to 18 teaspoons a day. Does it matter if this is taken before during or after meals?

2) Yes 40 drops of oil of oregano. The brand is “now essential oils”. It says 100% pure & natural oil of oregano 25% oil blend Origanum vulgare. Is this brand good? Is that too many drops?

3) I got a little light headed in the first couple weeks but back then I was probably only taking about 10 drops of oil of oregano per day. This last week I upped the dosage to 40 drops per day because my skin wasn’t really getting better. After upping the dosage I didn’t experience any light headedness or weakness. But what I have noticed is that my seborrheic dermatitis is pretty much back to where it was at the beginning of the diet 4 weeks ago which was pretty bad. It’s like every sacrifice I have made hasn’t done anything. It is extremely frustrating!

4) I am not taking Molybdenum. I was thinking I would start taking that if I experienced some feeling of toxicity but I don’t think I really have. Should I take it anyway?

5) The Probiotic I am taking is ultimate flora critical care 50 Billion. I take 2 capsules together in the morning with breakfast. I see that I should take these seperate from food by about a couple hours. I will start to do that now. Should I take more or change brands?

6) This $50 bottle of liquid omega 3 says it contains soy. Is that hindering my recovery? Should I just throw it out and get a different brand? Do you know what one I should get?

Thanks for all your help Able. I really appreciate it!

89Mirageman

Hmm, it’s funny you mention that about the Pau d’arco because I really didn’t start to see symptoms of die off until I started taking them so I assumed they were working.

I was just looking at my Stevia packets. It’s called Pure Via and the ingredients are dextrose,reb A (stevia extract), cellulose powder, natural flavors.

Something tells me I just wasted more money on these and shouldn’t be using them because of the ingredients. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Able900
    Spectator

Timmy, your inquiries are answered below.

1) Ok I will start to raise it my coconut oil from about 4 tablespoons (where it is now) to 18 teaspoons a day. Does it matter if this is taken before during or after meals?

Timmy, I was reading over some of your previous posts, and I see that I’d forgotten that in your original post you wrote that you had been diagnosed with Seborrheic dermatitis. Research studies now claim that certain oils can trigger the symptoms associated with S. dermatitis. Naturally I’m wondering if the return of the symptoms aren’t S. dermatitis instead of Candida symptoms flaring up since the rash is also a symptom of this dermatitis.

I know that I instructed you to add more coconut oil, but now I’m thinking that perhaps you should back off of the amount you’re taking, perhaps down to 3 teaspoons a day.

2) Yes 40 drops of oil of oregano. The brand is “now essential oils”. It says 100% pure & natural oil of oregano 25% oil blend Origanum vulgare. Is this brand good?

Reply: It sounds fine, but I would reduce the amount to 10-12 drops a day taken in three doses.

3) I got a little light headed in the first couple weeks but back then I was probably only taking about 10 drops of oil of oregano per day.

Reply: Ten drops is enough to cause die-off reactions, especially in the beginning of the treatment.

Quote: “This last week I upped the dosage to 40 drops per day because my skin wasn’t really getting better. After upping the dosage I didn’t experience any light headedness or weakness. But what I have noticed is that my skin is pretty much back to where it was at the beginning of the diet 4 weeks ago which was pretty bad. It’s like every sacrifice I have made hasn’t done anything. It is extremely frustrating!”

Reply: This is another reason that I’m considering the possibility of the increase in skin problems being caused by the Seborrheic dermatitis instead of Candida.

4) I am not taking Molybdenum. I was thinking I would start taking that if I experienced some feeling of toxicity but I don’t think I really have. Should I take it anyway?

Reply: A good idea, that way you’ll know whether the symptoms are die-off or reactions to either Candida or the S. dermatitis. The Molybdenum should reduce any die-off symptoms.

5) The Probiotic I am taking is ultimate flora critical care 50 Billion. I take 2 capsules together in the morning with breakfast. I see that I should take these separate from food by about a couple hours. I will start to do that now. Should I take more or change brands?

Reply: After you finish the bottle at the dosage you’re taking now, I would change brands in order to obtain different strains. MegaFlora by MegaFoods is a good one to change to.

6) This $50 bottle of liquid omega 3 says it contains soy. Is that hindering my recovery? Should I just throw it out and get a different brand? Do you know what one I should get?

Reply: Yes, I would stop using that brand, plus you can find a brand much less expensive. Do the ingredients list any type of alcohol or ethanol? By the way, you can purchase omega
    3 from almost any pharmacy.

About 10 to 20 percent of people develop atopic dermatitis (eczema), but only about 5% develop Seborrheic dermatitis, and these two are very easily confused because of the symptoms. How did your doctor come to the conclusion that S. dermatitis is your problem?

Hydrocortisone cream is reported as improving the symptoms in 80% of users with eczema; whereas S. dermatitis requires a different avenue of treatments, normally treatments such as antifungals.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

89Mirageman wrote: I was just looking at my Stevia packets. It’s called Pure Via and the ingredients are dextrose,reb A (stevia extract), cellulose powder, natural flavors.

You should definitely stop using this, the Dextrose is a sugar which is feeding the Candida every time you use it.

You can buy organic raw Stevia instead. The ingredients should state that it contains inlulin (FOS).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you can’t find raw stevia at the store, you can find it on amazon.com.

Also for those of you concerned with how much sugar are in certain food items, here is a good site that lists virtually every veggie and fruit:

http://caloriecount.about.com/

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

Hi Able,
    Thanks for the info. A couple different dermatologists said I have seborrheic dermatitis. I was hypothesizing that it’s caused by candida because for a few years I have had dandruff and hair loss. Also some red dry spots on my arms. I took antibiotics 2 times a year for frequent sore throats for the last 15 years or so. I was also a little gassy. Then around 1 year ago this rash like thing developed on the sides of my nose and nose creases (very typical SD). I also started to develope dry eye. I tried every topical out there and most of them work for about 1-2 weeks then there is this really bad rebound effect. So trying this diet was my last resort…

Thank you for your help. I will try to stick this diet out as long as it takes. Hope it works. If anyone has ever had Seb Derm and has cured it or helped it using the anti candida diet I would love ot hear from you.
    Thank you
    Tim

Able900
    Spectator

Timmy;

Stress aggravates the Seborrheic dermatitis, so any natural supplement that you take which contains calming properties may possibly help the symptoms. You might consider trying the stress reducing herb kava, Chamomile herbal tea, and/or the amino acid glycine to see if your symptoms change after a while of using any or all of these.

Another thing you can try is to mix some thyme essential oil in a little coconut oil to apply directly to your skin when it bothers you to kill any yeast that may be present at the time.

Able

89Mirageman

I see you put apple cider vinegar mustard in the allowed foods list. Was this supposed to mean apple cider vinegar and mustard are allowed or is there such a thing as ACV mustard?

Does the coconut flour have a ton of carbs or is it comparable to regular flour? I’m also a type II diabetic and have to watch the carbs. So far on this diet that hasn’t been a problem. I haven’t taken any of my medication while on the diet and my blood sugars have been perfect.

Able900
    Spectator

Quote: “I see you put apple cider vinegar mustard in the allowed foods list. Was this supposed to mean apple cider vinegar and mustard are allowed or is there such a thing as ACV mustard?”

Reply: Yes, there is such a thing as ACV mustard. http://www.edenfoods.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=26_49&products_id=102350
    Regular distilled white vinegar should not be consumed on the diet.

Quote: “Does the coconut flour have a ton of carbs or is it comparable to regular flour? I’m also a type II diabetic and have to watch the carbs. So far on this diet that hasn’t been a problem. I haven’t taken any of my medication while on the diet and my blood sugars have been perfect.”

Reply: That sounds fantastic. Being a diabetic you probably know that there are basically two types of carbohydrates; digestible and non-digestible. There are only three grams of digestible carbohydrates in one cup of coconut, the remainder being non-digestible. Both coconut and coconut flour are natural low-carb, high-fiber foods suitable for low-carbohydrate diets such as a diabetic diet.

Able

89Mirageman

So regular apple cider vinegar is OK too or does it have to be organic? I love vinegar on my greens and have been eating them without it lately because I was told that vinegar feeds the yeast.

Good to hear on the coconut flour, I actually found a whole foods store that is about an hour away so we’ll be heading up there to get some. Plus I’d like to look around to see what else they might offer.

I know you’re probably growing tired of my questions and I am sorry but I just keep thinking of more. Oil of oregano is a good anti-fungal, any name brand in particular to look for or added ingredients to watch out for or should it all be about the same?

Again I can’t say thank you enough for taking the time to help us out.

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Can I just pipe up here because I’ve had reactions to both oat bran and rice bran flour. And also millet.

On the other hand a small bit (around 3-4 tbspns) of brown rice helps me when I’m not feeling well. Sorry Able as I know you don’t believe brown rice should be allowed at this point.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Able900
    Spectator

Katy Gillett wrote: Can I just pipe up here because I’ve had reactions to both oat bran and rice bran flour. And also millet.
    On the other hand a small bit (around 3-4 tbspns) of brown rice helps me when I’m not feeling well.

Hi, Katy. Good to see you back on the forum again – without weeks and weeks going by. Ok, just joking with you a bit, but it’s always good to see you back on the forum.

The fact that the rice flour & millet bother you a bit but the brown rice doesn’t could have to do with allergies, on the other hand, I doubt there’s any one food that at least one person doesn’t have some type of reaction to.

I don’t know how long you’ve been eating brown rice, but it seems that you’ve been on the diet to one degree or another for about four months now, maybe longer. At this point I wouldn’t expect a reaction from anyone who is eating brown rice, but then again, perhaps you’ve been eating it all along which could possibly account for one of the reasons you’re still experiencing Candida symptoms.

But any way you look at it, brown rice is a grain and it still contains some of the starches of the whole grain it once was. These are the reasons I didn’t put it on the list of allowed foods.

Thanks for your input, Katy, keep in touch.
    Able

Able900
    Spectator

89Mirageman wrote: So regular apple cider vinegar is OK too or does it have to be organic? I love vinegar on my greens and have been eating them without it lately because I was told that vinegar feeds the yeast.

I know you’re probably growing tired of my questions and I am sorry but I just keep thinking of more. Oil of oregano is a good anti-fungal, any name brand in particular to look for or added ingredients to watch out for or should it all be about the same?

I’m never tired of a poster’s questions, it’s the only way you’ll learn how to cure your infestation in a limited time as opposed to taking years and years.

If you purchase the Bragg brand of apple cider vinegar you won’t need to worry about it. I would imagine the whole foods store carries it. As with most supplements as well as foods, ACV has mixed reports about its effectiveness or lack of with a Candida albicans infestation. Many sufferers have used it throughout their treatment and cure, when others have experienced reactions from it. This means that it’s a test food and should be used sparingly, especially in the first week.

As far as the brand of oil of oregano, try to purchase this brand:
    North American Herb & Spice (NAHS) Super Strength P73 Wild Mediterranean Oil of Oregano
    There’s no alcohol in this brand.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 278 total)

The topic ‘ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.