ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet

This topic contains 277 replies, has 72 voices, and was last updated by  Finn Felton 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 278 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

__

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Thanks able for putting this together. I’ve seen way too many people concerned about certain food items lately.

I noticed that you didn’t include any fruits; I would like to point out that this is because fruits contain sugars! I also noticed you didn’t include any carrots anywhere; I think they are allowed during phase 2 (personally). Garbanzo beans should be allowed also during phase 2; whats wrong with these?

There are probably way more spices you can include; I think it’d be best to have a list of spices you cannot have during phase 1 of the diet. This will narrow it down some. Did you leave off many spices/herbs because they contain molds? What about pumpkin?

I personally am eating chicken every single day; what are your thoughts on eating this more than you specified?

What about these types of meat?:
    Turkey
    duck
    buffalo
    alligator (and other lizard meats; they got it down in the south!)
    lamb

-Raster

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

This is a great list! Thanks a lot for this Able.
    Just one question. I have been eating organic chicken (baked with olive oil on it) one time a day for all seven days a week. I am wondering if this is not allowed and why?
    Thank you!

Able900
    Spectator

Raster;

Garbanzo beans would be in the dried bean category which I included (strict diet version).

The reason certain vegetables are not on the list at all is because of the speed with which they can turn into sugar in the system and/or how much sugar is created.
    The glycemic index of carrots is higher than peanut M&Ms, spaghetti, vermicelli, and fettuccine, so I suppose if you’re willing to eat these foods during phase two, then you may as well eat the carrots as well.

Some of the dried beans have a higher G. Index, but the protein source makes a difference. What I’m getting at is, if you’re adding higher glycemic foods during phase two, you at least want to keep the number of foods as few and low as possible, and the beans have more of a benefit than carrots. The way I see it, with adding beans to the diet, it makes it easier to obtain more protein but still without adding red meat to the diet, which would still be beneficial even during the second phase.

Of course there are more herbs and spices that can be eaten. This list includes the most common herbs, on average used more often. Some of these are also beneficial to the treatment instead of simply being alright for the diet. For example, rosemary, cloves, turmeric, cinnamon, and garlic have strong antifungal properties, and oregano (the herb) is an immune booster.

This is the way I look at chicken as well as red meat; most people who go into phase 2 of the diet still have at least a mild (usually more than they imagine) Candida infestation which could easily balloon into a full-blown infestation again with just one bad mistake. A byproduct of animal protein metabolism is ammonia which is toxic to the body, and it creates an added workload for the liver which is already overworked by the Candida toxins alone including ammonia. This is saying that Candida albicans create ammonia gases on their own which is environmentally safe for the Candida. In other words, ammonia is a benefit to the environment of the intestines as far as making it more hospitable for Candida albicans to thieve. Every time you eat an animal product, you create this ammonia which helps Candida to survive. The higher the protein content, the more ammonia is created.

Most people will think that I’m being overly cautious with all that I’ve written, but personally this is how I believe I cured the Candida infestation I had fully in less than two months once I got the diet fine tuned to the way I’ve described it several times on the forum. I’m not saying that eating chicken every day will recreate the infestation again, I’m stating all of this because of the possibilities.
    Many months after a complete cure I’m still not eating red meat or pork. I eat fish usually two times a week, sometimes three, and occasionally chicken once a week, often none at all. I suppose I eat young fish or wild salmon more often because I believe it’s more beneficial to our overall health than chicken. On a daily basis, for protein I depend on organic eggs and dried beans for the most part.

Pumpkin spice was left out as a precautionary measure. Personally I wouldn’t use it until much later, possibly towards the end of phase 2 since I tried it once during the late part of stage one and didn’t like the feeling it left me with. It’s just the way I feel about it, doesn’t mean that everyone else should avoid it.
    I’m sure there are many foods on the list or foods that are left off the list that at least one person will disagree with, but since so many had asked for this list, I felt doing it was important. Also I’d rather the list be considered ‘too short’ than for it to be too long and include possible problem foods for some people.

We’ve all said it before, everyone is different so by no means do I expect everyone to agree with this list anymore than any other list they’ve seen.

Thanks, Able

timmyb

Ok thanks for the chicken info. I will definitely cut down a lot on the chicken and substitute in eggs.
    1) So if I were to eat 3-4 eggs 3 times per day along with lots of the approved veggies and coconut bread and a couple good antifungals I should be good?

2) I have a ravenous appetite and feel like I am eating shovels full of veggies (all approved and organic) for lunch and dinner. No problem with that right?

3) Eating 12 eggs a day isn’t going to release to much ammonia?

Able900
    Spectator

And I thought I had a large appetite. You know you can still eat chicken or young fish several times a week if you wish. If you enjoy herring, sardines or wild salmon these make a filling meal along with a few vegetables.

A dozen eggs a day is a bit much. How many times a day were you eating chicken?

Are you eating coconut flour bread? Mixing the coconut flour with oat bran is more filling than just the coconut bread, and you can eat it three times a day plus snacks.

Remind me please, how long have you been on the diet?

Able

timmyb

I am on week 4 now. This has been my diet pretty much 7 days a week:

morning:
    3-4 organic eggs
    1 slice of coconut bread
    fresh squeezed lemon water
    probiotic 100B
    liquid omega 3
    2 tbs of coconut oil

Lunch:
    1.75 lbs of organic chicken(after cooking it it is probably more like 1.25 lbs)
    2 cereal bowls of approved organic veggies
    fresh squeezed lemon water
    oil of oregano 20 drops
    2 tbs of coconut oil
    Betaine HCL 2 caps
    Vit C, MSM, Biotin, sf722, two garlic tabs, 2 capryl caps,

Dinner:
    3-4 organic eggs
    1 slice of coconut bread
    2 cereal bowls of approved organic veggies

Late night snack
    1 slice of coconut bread
    20 drops of oil of oregano

My skin (facial seborrheic dermatitis) seems to have imporved slightly but the last couple days I am not sure…..it seems to have maybe gotten slightly worse??? Also still pretty gassy (sorry) 🙂

Thanks Able!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am eating maybe half an inch worth of schredded carrot with each salad a day; is this something worth being worried about?

I didn’t know that chicken can cause ammonia creation; thanks for the info.

Timmy: you can have as many veggies on the list per day as you want; its natures vitamins.

Turner
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Able

Can you explain the story around coconut. I noticed on your list of foods NOT allowed is coconut water, however co nut oil and coconut milk are mentioned in various recipes and treatments.

I seem to have a problem with some parts of coconut and the water appears to be the culprit. Does it have a high sugar content?

Very keen to hear your take on the subject.

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

How is it that candida don’t feed on the carbs in the flours you mentioned above? I went to Harris Teeter last night looking for coconut flour but they did not have it. While I was there I saw buckwheat and looked at the label and noticed it had 22 carbs, I put it back because I wasn’t sure it was OK on stage 1 at the time.

Also I am frying organic eggs in a little olive oil, I break the yolks so they are done and not runny at all. I top them with some coconut oil and black pepper and they are very good this way. Is this OK or am I supposed to be boiling them only? I use very little olive oil, just enough to keep them from sticking.

Since some of these flours are OK can we bake fish and chicken in the oven with it as well to simulate fried fish and chicken? I have been grilling and baking for 3 weeks now and a change would be nice once in a while.

I would like to personally thank Able for taking time to help us and share what works and what doesn’t.

Able900
    Spectator

Turner wrote: Can you explain the story around coconut. I noticed on your list of foods NOT allowed is coconut water, however co nut oil and coconut milk are mentioned in various recipes and treatments.

For the most part, coconut water is the only part of the coconut which seems to cause problems with many Candida sufferers. The average amount of water in an average size coconut contains from 2.5 to 3 teaspoons of sugar. Imagine eating this amount of pure sugar and what it would do to a Candida infestation.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

89Mirageman wrote: How is it that candida don’t feed on the carbs in the flours you mentioned above?

Also I am frying organic eggs in a little olive oil… Is this OK or am I supposed to be boiling them only?

Since some of these flours are OK can we bake fish and chicken in the oven with it as well to simulate fried fish and chicken?

Neither buckwheat nor coconuts are grains; this is why they’re safe on the Candida diet. All grains, no matter what the source is will feed Candida.

Eggs are fine no matter how they’re prepared, and olive oil is allowed on the safe diet.

Baking fish and chicken in the oven and frying them both using the accepted flours is fine and should cause no problems.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: I am eating maybe half an inch worth of schredded carrot with each salad a day; is this something worth being worried about?

Raster, considering the length of time you’ve been on the treatment and the fact that you’ve stopped experiencing symptoms, the small amount of carrots you’re having shouldn’t be a problem. I would still watch for any reactions however, even very small ones.

Thanks, Able

Able900
    Spectator

Visitors please refresh the page if one of the experts is on this forum as there may be new posts which won’t show up without refreshing the website.

The names of visitors to the specific forums will show up at the bottom of the page on the left hand side.

Able900
    Spectator

Timmy, it looks like you’re taking only 4 teaspoons of coconut oil a day. You can start raising that by a teaspoon every other day. You can take up to at least 16-18 teaspoons of the oil a day providing you can handle the amount.

So you’re taking 40 drops of oil of oregano a day? If you will, please post the brand name, I would like to take a look at this. According to most oregano oils, you should have experienced terrible die-off symptoms by now. Have you experienced many and how bad were they? Also, are you taking Molybdenum?

Also, I’m sorry but I don’t remember the type of probiotic you’re taking, please post that as well, and are you taking the probiotic with our without food? They should be taken at least two hours after food or an hour before. Very early in the morning an hour before breakfast or at bedtime are good times to take the probiotic.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 278 total)

The topic ‘ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.