Allicin from garlic may affect friendly bacteria

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Allicin from garlic may affect friendly bacteria

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  benc 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Study indicates that allicin from garlic may affect some friendly bacteria depending on the concentration.

http://www.mrsasupportgroup.org/files/allicin_mktg.pdf

More is probably not better with garlic. Excessive garlic can also lead to gut lining irritation. Most gastrointestinal doctors don’t recommend garlic for people with sensitive gut lining.

I remember reading on one website that more than 3 raw cloves in a day can affect friendly bacteria. But that was just one website.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It is something my naturopath does not prescribe and I haven’t asked him why but I decided to cut it out recently and I feel a bit better.

Also, most antifungals kill friendly bacteria and finding ones that do not is difficult.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

raster;30979 wrote: It is something my naturopath does not prescribe and I haven’t asked him why but I decided to cut it out recently and I feel a bit better.

Also, most antifungals kill friendly bacteria and finding ones that do not is difficult.

-raster

Raster,
    You said something that is really true. Most natural antifungals are bactericidal too. Most of the time they are more powerful as bactericidal than antifungal. That is the case of Oragano Oil, Garlic, Caprylic Acid, GSE, etc

Jorge.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

yes i’ve cut garlic out too, it really effects the skin issues I still have on my hands.

I very rarely feel any die symptoms anymore, but my hands keep on flaring up, especially after consuming too much garlic. I will now only eat it in dishes it requires.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Allicin from garlic may affect friendly bacteria’ is closed to new replies.