allergy test?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions allergy test?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kjones02 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Has anybody ever had a food allergy test? Just curious if it did them any good.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

Yes, I had 3. The skin prick test was the only one that gave me useful information. It was pretty much spot on. I believe this is IgG. I tried two types of blood test, and got totally whacky info, it said I was allergic to foods I was eating all the time. The other said I wasn’t allergic to eggs and milk, when I definitely am.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

if you do the skin prick test, try to find a doc that has 40 or 50 different foods, some only have 15 or so.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

mygutleaks;39755 wrote: if you do the skin prick test, try to find a doc that has 40 or 50 different foods, some only have 15 or so.

Thanks! I was just wondering because it is hard to pin-point foods sometimes. I know my integrative doctor last year, plan on meeting her again in late May was just try to incorporate small things here and again, but it does get hard.

Last night, I was just looking up food allergy tests, and I thought my primary doctor might order one for me. So, I was just wondering if it was worth it. I think it would be interesting. I already know that I am never going to be able to enjoy huge quantities of dairy again. I can get the slightest reaction from anything on that. That was easy for me to figure out! I am just sort of worried about the cost if I do it, if insurance will accept it, etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘allergy test?’ is closed to new replies.