Allergic to nearly everything, including prescription vitamins….

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Allergic to nearly everything, including prescription vitamins….

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

MsEve123
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I am currently “allergic” to nearly everything, including my prescription vitamins (K-Pax, they come in a 4-pack). I am not sure this is allergy or intolerance, which is why I have placed “allergic” in quotes.

Whatever is going on with me has become extremely debilitating. It’s been about a month or so I have hardly been able to tolerate any kind of food, particularly foods that I have been eating all my life without any problems at all. There are foods that I have voluntarily not touched in years – beef, wheat/gluten, eggs, strawberries, shellfish, food additives of any kind, and junk (soda, cake, etc.). In fact, most of my diet over the years has consisted of chicken, fish, greens, and fruits.

About a month or so back, I was eating white fish and chicken every other day. Literally, over night, fish began to make me extremely sick to my stomach. I thought it was all in my head or a bad piece of fish the first time around. The second time around, I noticed it was not only my stomach bothering me, but I had a hard time breathing as well. Then, every time I ate chicken, I’d get this strange feeling in my throat which would cause me to be “clearing” my throat for about half an hour or more after every meal containing chicken.

I made a salmon salad one day – knowing Salmon has always been easy for me to eat – and one bite in had a severe reaction (lips swelled, throat closed, ears closed, etc.). I had to take an allergy pill to breathe correctly. It was a short time later that I literally over night became severely allergic to chicken just as I had the fish. I gave up both chicken and fish.

I lived on veg and rice for about two weeks and was dying for protein. I ate a lamb chop and was sick as a dog. Then sick with pork chops. Eventually, I gave up meat all together.

I have also become severely “allergic” to the simplest things like olive oil and coconut oil. Additionally, when I take one of my multivitamins out of the four in the pack (I’m supposed to take 4 at a time) I have a severe “allergic” reaction (can’t breathe and horrible stomach pains). So I can’t even take vitamins to replace what I can’t seem to get from food.

I can no longer eat: Apples, grapes, cherries, coconut oil (supplements OR cooking oil), ANY kind of meat, olive oil, colored cheeses, or tea. Of course this makes any diet (unless you call “starving” a diet) impossible to follow (especially if you add in all the products I won’t eat that have nothing to do with whatever illness is going on inside me right now). If you think about it…. If you can’t eat apples you can’t eat apple cider vinegar. I used to use this product in pretty much everything – potato salad and coleslaw (with Vegan Mayo which ALSO contains apple cider vinegar). It’s in my KIND Granola bars, etc. And that’s just ONE item that, like a domino effect, eliminates SO many others. I’m sure many of you can relate to this crisis.

Recently I have found I am always – every single moment of every single day and night – feeling “sick” to my stomach. Nausea, bloating (SERIOUSLY bloated, like I look pregnant and none of my pants fit anymore which is VERY uncomfortable for someone who has never weighed over 100 lbs. in her entire life), terrible stabbing feelings in my gut. Every time I eat (the few things I can actually eat), it’s like my entire body goes into some sort of “shock”. I get dizzy, tired, achy… And all I can think about is how much I HATE eating and how much I wish I could just go on living without ever having to eat again.

This has become a SERIOUS problem for me at work as a lot of my job consists of being outside in very hot weather for long periods of time, wandering around at huge ports and construction sites. I have NO energy and stay so dizzy and sick to my stomach that being at work is like torture.

I have stopped working out. I dread waking up. I dread being at work. I dread eating. I dread drinking. I dread making food for other people because even the “fumes” of chicken frying in a pan makes me so sick I have to leave the house and stand outside to be able to breathe again. This illness – whatever it may be – is literally making me hate life.

I have no been “diagnosed” with Candida or Leaky Gut, but after conducting weeks of research, it’s the conclusion _I_ have come to. It seems a little hopeless as far as “curing” this goes. I mean, I see many posts on here that seem very “dead endish”. People ask what can they eat if they are allergic to everything (I can relate to that)…. they say they’re allergic to meat and the comments are they should eat broth made of meat. I’m not at all interested in torturing myself further….

So… that said….. While I understand everyone reacts to everything differently, I am really only interested in hearing from people who’ve suffered _EXACTLY_ as I have (or as I _AM_). I am interested in what type of medications they have taken (natural and otherwise), what types of doctors they’ve seen (and what the doctors did/said). And of course any other useful info!

I realize I’m sort of “cutting to the chase” here and seem short, but the reality is… I’m ready to give up and starve to death. So I’m a little short on time.

Thanks to all who took a moment to read this! I’ve read many of your posts and wish you all quick healing!

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

Hi.. I can’t say I know exactly what you’re going though. But Ive experience being allergic to lots of things myself that I have eliminated from my diet and just can’t get back up on eating.

I too am allergic to so many things, and I am trying to figure things out myself.. I think herbs will kind of calm things down a bit for me. I would get swollen, olive leaf extract used to help me and milk thistle.

I hope that you will figure things out.
    Take care.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

MrsEve,

Though more extreme, your symptoms are very common in this community. I certainly share some symptoms(e.g. MCS, Gluten intolerance, exacerbated respiratory reactions). I expect severe dysbiosis in your case, I’m assuming heavy anti-biotic treatment in the past? I was on broad spectrum anti-biotics myself for nearly 90 days.

It would be helpful to include a little bit about your past and what you think triggered your various symptoms.

How does your body react to simple probiotics? (capsule, kefir, sauerkraut, etc.)

Crippling your gut flora has ruined your suppressive immunity and left your aggressive immune system to rampage. Protecting your flora should be first priority before considering anti-microbials (e.g. raw garlic, oil of oregano, coconut oil, ACV, etc.).

I had extreme exacerbation of respiratory symptoms when I obliviously was taking multiple anti-microbials to treat my yeast overgrowth. Further killing my beneficial flora, and I started to believe that I was allergic to everything since everything gave me shallow breathing and
    flem in my throat.

Restoring suppressive immunity requires recovering ones flora.

What supplements are you currently taking?

-D

Paperstars
    Replies: 47

I agree with what everyone has said thus far. I too am intolerant to a lot of foods, including food additives, gluten and soy intolerance (which knocks out a lot of foods), nuts, beans, etc so I understand somewhat what you are going through, but I definitely think what you are experiencing is quite intense.

Although not suggested for people on the Candida diet or with leaky gut, have you considered different kinds of nuts, seeds (particularly hemp seeds) or beans as sources of protein? Beans can be amazingly filling, and right now it seems more important that you are fed. However, I am reluctant to suggest this because your body seems to be really hyperactive and hypersensitive right now. If you do try any of these, I would suggest a very small amount to see how you react.

You’re strong responses to meat make me wonder though, did you get bitten by a tick? Do you happen to be in the US? It’s not in all areas of US though. Because apparently there’s a tick that is able to cause meat allergies, specifically allergies to red meat. It doesn’t explain the other food intolerances though.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140220102727.htm

MsEve123

Danny33;59254 wrote: MrsEve,

Though more extreme, your symptoms are very common in this community. I certainly share some symptoms(e.g. MCS, Gluten intolerance, exacerbated respiratory reactions). I expect severe dysbiosis in your case, I’m assuming heavy anti-biotic treatment in the past? I was on broad spectrum anti-biotics myself for nearly 90 days.

It would be helpful to include a little bit about your past and what you think triggered your various symptoms.

How does your body react to simple probiotics? (capsule, kefir, sauerkraut, etc.)

Crippling your gut flora has ruined your suppressive immunity and left your aggressive immune system to rampage. Protecting your flora should be first priority before considering anti-microbials (e.g. raw garlic, oil of oregano, coconut oil, ACV, etc.).

I had extreme exacerbation of respiratory symptoms when I obliviously was taking multiple anti-microbials to treat my yeast overgrowth. Further killing my beneficial flora, and I started to believe that I was allergic to everything since everything gave me shallow breathing and
    flem in my throat.

I take garlic and probiotics. I can no longer tolerate anything else.

-D

MsEve123

Paperstars;59260 wrote: I agree with what everyone has said thus far. I too am intolerant to a lot of foods, including food additives, gluten and soy intolerance (which knocks out a lot of foods), nuts, beans, etc so I understand somewhat what you are going through, but I definitely think what you are experiencing is quite intense.

Although not suggested for people on the Candida diet or with leaky gut, have you considered different kinds of nuts, seeds (particularly hemp seeds) or beans as sources of protein? Beans can be amazingly filling, and right now it seems more important that you are fed. However, I am reluctant to suggest this because your body seems to be really hyperactive and hypersensitive right now. If you do try any of these, I would suggest a very small amount to see how you react.

You’re strong responses to meat make me wonder though, did you get bitten by a tick? Do you happen to be in the US? It’s not in all areas of US though. Because apparently there’s a tick that is able to cause meat allergies, specifically allergies to red meat. It doesn’t explain the other food intolerances though.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140220102727.htm

Yes, I can and do eat nuts and seeds. I do not, however, care for beans. They make me miserable, even though I do not have allergies to them.

As far as my past history (from other questions in other posts)…. I never really take antibiotics. I don’t like pills. I think I’ve had half a regiment of basic antibiotics in the past few years for a tooth infection. Regarding things that lead up to all these issues…. I don’t know. It was sudden. One day I could eat chicken, next couldn’t. Same with all other foods mentioned in my original post.

Yes, I’ve read numerous articles about the deer tick that causes allergy to red meat. I volunteer yo avoid red meat though I do often wonder if there’s more to the bite. Who knows.

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

Danny33;59254 wrote: MrsEve,

flem in my throat.

-D

I stopped taking probiotics and its so hard to get back on it. I do eat natural yoghurt though but according to tests I should have more good bacterias i my gut, so maybe that’s also whats causing me trouble.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you want the reactions to get better I recommend reducing inflammation of the gut. This involves eating anti-inflammatory foods and supplements such as fermented cod liver oil, flax oil, pumpkin, etc.

One product that might work for you is s. boulardii which is highly anti-inflammatory. Within a few days to a few weeks you should not react to anything and the bloating should go away completely.

However I think you have something larger going on more than just being inflamed. I am thinking you likely have a histamine problem or have a histamine intolerance. The easiest way to reduce histamine levels is to take vitamin C. I don’t see this listed in your supplements list.

The bio K stuff has too many ingredients for it to be safe on the diet, these products contain like 100 different vitamins and ingredients. There is a strong chance it has stuff in it that is not allowed on the diet.

The other foods you mention are mostly not allowed on the diet such as the junk food, beef, wheat, gluten, etc.

I also suspect you have some kind of methylation dysfunction and/or mercury toxicity problem. I think this is why you react so bad do the fish. L-glutamine is a great supplement to add in that helps your body break down foods into their proper forms and it helps repair your gut lining.

I recommend getting allergy testing done as a first step and then maybe get your histamine levels checked.

If you went to a good naturopath, you likely could turn things around within a few months but it would cost a few hundred bucks per month.

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Allergic to nearly everything, including prescription vitamins….’ is closed to new replies.