alkaline water

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions alkaline water

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kc850 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

I have a water ionizer that helps me with my chronic fatigue syndrome.

I have been on the diet for about 120 days and had stopped drinking my ionized, alkaline water at the beginning of the diet bc it can foster candida growth in the intestines.

Now my muscles have been getting so achey the last couple of weeks it is affecting my work. It is okay to drink the alkaline water (pH of 8.0) again? Can I ever drink the alkaline water again?

Please advise. Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consult able on whether alkaline water would have a net positive or negative effect. I personally think it would bring a positive effect but my knowledge of pH is rather limited.

-raster

MachHin
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

I also drank alkaline water for 1.5 years and am wondering if that screwed something up in the body because I got candida during that time. If it is candida.

But unfortunately I got no answer for your question.

Cheers

MH

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

The alkaline/acidic pH balance has already been discussed on the forum many times. Below is one of the many posts concerning that subject.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm13083_A-Simple-Explanation-pH.aspx#post13083

Able

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

Okay, so I understand why I need to stay away from alkaline water for right now, but will I ever be able to drink it again? It helped me with my chronic fatigue so much.

I am at day 112 on my diet right now (woohoo!!!) and that means I am feeling better and have been for awhile, though my acne hasn’t gone away completely yet, it is most certainly much better than when all of the candida toxins where being expelled. Would you recommend that I EVER add it back into my diet? I would like to continue drinking it if I can. Thank you, Able.

Nature girl

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Naturegirl27 wrote: Okay, so I understand why I need to stay away from alkaline water for right now, but will I ever be able to drink it again? It helped me with my chronic fatigue so much.

Have you ever considered that drinking alkaline water may have played a part in your Candida infestation since it creates a negative environment for beneficial bacteria and a positive environment for Candida albicans? Also, you may find that, after you’ve completed the diet and protocol your chronic fatigue no longer bothers you as much.

Both of these are affected by the immune system, and our protocol is designed to strengthen and build a stronger immune system and adrenals.

Able

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

How about Reverse Osmosis ?

In Cambridge, the water is very hard so we use water Softener which makes it impossible to drink so we use Reverse Osmosis to make it drinkable. I know that it is a different process as water Ionization but it does remove some minerals. Is R/O also Candida Friendly ?

Thanks in Advance.

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

My Candida issues became MUCH worse after drinking alkaline water from the health food. They have a machine that you can fill your gallon jugs up with it. I did that for a few months and I believe it’s a definite cause of my downhill spiral.

kc850
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

“My Candida issues became MUCH worse after drinking alkaline water from the health food. They have a machine that you can fill your gallon jugs up with it. I did that for a few months and I believe it’s a definite cause of my downhill spiral. “

For the most part, you cannot blame “alkaline water” that you got from the health food store as the reason why your symptoms became worse. In addition one cannot say all alkaline water is bad since they purchased alkaline water at the food store.
    There are many forms of alkaline water, you do not know what they put in the water to make it alkaline, if it was even clean water they used in the first place, i.e. did they filter the water, how did they filter it? Was it tap water or well water? There are many variables. For 1 there is research which shows alkaline ionized drinking is beneficial for the bacteria in the gut, see here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15617863
    Other research shows that ph 8.8 alkaline water could even be good for people with acid reflux
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22844861 I would go back to the health food store, ask them what they put in the water to make it alkaline, did the use baking soda? Which is really bad, did they even filter the water? Most people do not understand what alkaline water and alkaline ionized water is, or the many 100 different ways they can be made, most of which are very harmful and even dangerous. There is a big difference between them, this page does a good job explaining. If I were you I would find out what exactly you purchased from the health food store that you THINK made you sicker.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘alkaline water’ is closed to new replies.