Alcohol and Candida Question?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Alcohol and Candida Question?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

AndrewScally
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hi. I think I have a candida problem that is affecting my sinuses, although i’m not sure. I have been on a lot of antibiotics recently after I got tonsillitis and I think that caused my problem. I am not allergic to anything according to a blood allergy test. I have had post nasal drip for 4 months now and it’s really annoying. I have read that people can’t breath sometimes with post nasal drip and that it gets unbelievably uncomfortable but this hasn’t really happened for me. My post nasal drip is quite mild I think, just an annoying tickle in my throat and I spit up clear mucus every so often. I have been eating a lot of carbohydrates recently and my stomach is bloated but now I’m going to cut down on the carbs after learning about candida. I’m also going to try Grapefruit seed extract and i’ve started eating raw garlic. My only problem is alcohol. I am a very social person and I drink quite a bit. Is it an absolute necessity to eliminate alcohol, even when my symptoms are this mild? I have no stomach pains or any colon problems, my only symptom is my sinuses. Thanks in advance for reading all this and if anyone could give me a quick way to just flush this shit out of my system it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Use the search engine on the forum to find many posts about alcohol. This topic comes up alot.

Alcohol WILL impair the immune system, which is responsible for the body getting rid of candida overgrowth naturally.

So short answer: yes, you have to stop drinking alcohol.

Long answer: When your immune system begins handling the overgrowth, as evidenced by symptom-reduction, you can have a drink or two. Eventually drinking socially as usual.

Keep in mind it only takes a week for mild symptoms to become “omg, wth is happening to me?!” symptoms.
    That was my experience.

AndrewScally

Will an oral anti-fungal work in your opinion ?

Vegan Catlady

AndrewScally;56152 wrote: Will an oral anti-fungal work in your opinion ?

Short answer: no

Long answer: I used to be a drinker. I would be NOW if candida would let me. Parents owned a bar in Florida, it was my job for years to be social and drink. Life is tough.
    Anyway, this is why I am sensitive to your post.
    Most people will tell you that alcohol is poison, and stop drinking.

Antifungals work in different ways. This is going to stink to hear, but candida-overgrowth in your sinuses is *probably* in your ears/eyes/digestive tract. You have symptoms telling you that its everywhere (common). An oral antifungal will help cut the candida down some, take away some excess, which is good. Unfortunately, antifungals wont keep it from coming right back.
    You need to address why you got overgrowth to begin with.

Maybe it was antibiotics (common).
    Maybe it is liver-congestion from a mix of drinking and fighting off colds, too much fat-consumption,poor diet.

Detoxing will make this go faster,in my opinion.
    Take some kidney/liver clearing herbs in the form of teas or tinctures.
    Limit your meat and dairy consumption (will go faster just to eliminate it for a few weeks!)
    Eat raw garlic and if you can ,add a tsp or two of virgin coconut oil ( I wouldnt do this long-term,however,but some do with ease).

Its hard to give advice without knowing what your habits are, it could be as simple as eliminating an offending food, or as complicated as mercury/lead poisoning.

We cant really say. Yet.
    🙂

AndrewScally

Ok thank you for the info. I’m going to take this anti-fungal and cut as many carbs out of my diet as I can. I’m also gonna try to eat some more probiotics and i’ll try the liver cleaning herbs along with the garlic. Hopefully it works and also I did both of those things lol (antibiotics and drank while sick). I’m an idiot, but hopefully this can be cleared and won’t be chronic

Vegan Catlady

AndrewScally;56157 wrote: Ok thank you for the info. I’m going to take this anti-fungal and cut as many carbs out of my diet as I can. I’m also gonna try to eat some more probiotics and i’ll try the liver cleaning herbs along with the garlic. Hopefully it works and also I did both of those things lol (antibiotics and drank while sick). I’m an idiot, but hopefully this can be cleared and won’t be chronic

I wouldnt call you an idiot, you did what most people do.
    Taking antibiotics ruins your gut, drinking ruins your chances of repopulating it with good bacteria, and it needs to get bad before we see evidence of it,no big deal.

You dont have to cut carbs, carbs are your friend 🙂
    Just cut out the carbs that feed candida for a little while, thats all.
    I highly recommend going to The Candida diet website and familiarize yourself with the list of foods…eat plenty of carbs, but just make sure they are the good ones 😉

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If your only symptom is in your sinuses I don’t think you have yeast overgrowth in my opinion and you should look at alternative treatments to address it. A good naturopath likely can help you clear up your sinuses without forcing you to do the diet, etc.

You don’t need to cut carbs…you need to feed yourself first, the yeast will survive either way and adapt to your diet, strict or not. You just shouldn’t eat certain bad foods…

Oral antifungals do work but you need to take them for a long time. Be sure to come up with a detox plan before attempting the diet and antifungals and probiotics.

-raster

AndrewScally

Well I’ve started this diet around 20 hours ago and I’ve also started taking losec (gastro-restraint tablets) and the white coating that was on my tongue for months is now pretty much gone and i feel a litle bit clearer. Wouldn’t this be a sign that what i’m doing is helping ?

Vegan Catlady

AndrewScally;56167 wrote: Well I’ve started this diet around 20 hours ago and I’ve also started taking losec (gastro-restraint tablets) and the white coating that was on my tongue for months is now pretty much gone and i feel a litle bit clearer. Wouldn’t this be a sign that what i’m doing is helping ?

Anytime you feel relief, your going to want to take note of it.

I would keep a temporary journal. You’ll see patterns.
    Its sounds to me (correct me if im wrong) that you might think this will go away in like a few weeks.

While I hope this is the case, I havent seen the reality of this yet with anyone else.

The white coating comes and goes, I wouldnt use that as my barometer of wellness, but its a good sign 😀

AndrewScally

I’m definitely hoping that this will go away in few weeks (or that it at least improves to the point where it is bearable on the day to day). I mean my symptoms are very mild and I’m hoping that I can just get my immune system back to where it should be and kick this thing out of my system. Shouldn’t take that long should it? It didn’t take very long to happen lol

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I tell most people to plan on a 6-18 month recovery to get over CRC (candida related complex).

-raster

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alcohol and Candida Question?’ is closed to new replies.